ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Mk3 Progress Thread

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
OI! It cant be *that* much heaver, its the same car underneath ;) Yours still has an iron block etc. Anyhoo there's loads to strip out imo. Did have an R26R theme in my head, Lose back seats, fit the same seats as the Meggy..... There's all the curtain airbags to get rid of front and rear!!! etc. I reckon it'll easy shed 80-90kgs

White Sti Hatch
OI! It cant be *that* much heaver, its the same car underneath ;) Yours still has an iron block etc. Anyhoo there's loads to strip out imo. Did have an R26R theme in my head, Lose back seats, fit the same seats as the Meggy..... There's all the curtain airbags to get rid of front and rear!!! etc. I reckon it'll easy shed 80-90kgs

Thats the plan rid of EVERYTHING from the back although will keep spaekers cause i like my Tunes lol ! Get the Recaros in the fron if another set comes up at some point carpet up Tar crap removed painter or might put it back down again !

But got to keep the rents happy atm as its still not "technicaly" mine as still have some Finance to pay off :quiet:

M

mini-valver

I reckon I've saved 80 kgs in mine and thats a mk2. Definately 100+ to save on a Mk3 IMO!

White Sti Hatch
Na im not planning on going uber low untill Show Season till then itll just sit where it is if not a we bit up.

White Sti Hatch
Right so had my RS Tuner for just over a week now and have to say very very good bit of Kit can get alot of information for the lil box !

On the remap side of things being the first does come with hick ups but so far me and henk have only had the one, On my 3rd Revision of the Custom Map and have to say the car is alot keener and the throttle response is sharper to feels alot happier in every gear high up the rev range.

Will be getting it RR'd in the new year end of January so we will see what gains it has brought to the table.

Got nothing else to do to the car really till the new year bumpers still sitting in the garden awaiting some free time to get a start on it part from that you'll have to wait ne see in the new year for the next list of things to be done

White Sti Hatch
Small update for the new year

Ordered up some new rear lights for the car witch should be here mid week i hope Royal Fail dependant i think, Also cars going over the bridge to visit kevin at Falkland Performance to get my camber set up again as i messed it up with winding the coils right down and to also have the center section removed from my exhaust in hopes of some nice noise !

On another not it will be going on the Rollers on the 25th to see what the current version of my Remap is pushing out ! should be intresting me thinks !

White Sti Hatch
Not a scooby mate wont be till later in the year id imagin as want the thing fixed before i do anything major to it !!

But found this over at renspot forums !!

1280_3362623936373562.jpg

Does want !

clio
Hi guys im new to the forum, what youve done to your car looks great. But i have a question, i have 1 year left on my waranty and really would like to get a 197 kit on to it, and so over the next year get the parts i need. Is it at all possible to use the 197 bumpers, wings and side skirts on MK3 (same model as this thread) thanks kez,

White Sti Hatch
Thats great to hear, id try and sourse most part from ebay, but thanks for the quick reply

Like i said in the other thread mate i wouldent bother, for one youll have a nightmare with the rear bumper and trying to get the Difuser to fir on as youll have to re do your exhaust and remove ther spare and fine a way of fixing it to the underside of the car..

White Sti Hatch
Got a few things today, went to Flakland to see kevin about removing a chunck of my exhaust as it was doing my tits in catching it on everything so that was removed and replaced with a bit stolen from a Type R's exhaust :rasp:

The stupid chunk that was removed, notice the nice scrapes and dints in it....

DSC_0037-1.jpg

The red paint is the aftermath of the Uni Carpark shoot a while back.
DSC_0039-1.jpg

DSC_0040-1.jpg

Also made the trip through to Perth to pick up my new rear lights, dont think ill fit them till after the bodyshop although i will prob change my mind !

DSC_0036-1.jpg

DSC_0035-1.jpg

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Lights look sweet!

Any change in noise mate? also you get the camber done?

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
i seen them lights last week bud n thought id email you but forgot lol smart lights tho

White Sti Hatch
new lights look good mate, i'd stick with them!

I will be i think mate as prefer these over the Black LED ones after seeing them in the flesh, pics dont do them justice

many days did you wait for your lights dean ?

Bout 3 days, but had to wait 2 more to pick them up from perth Depo as no one was ever home when they were delivered

Lights look sweet!

Any change in noise mate? also you get the camber done?

Not in the cabin realy its a wee bit louder but cant say for out side mind you, I got it checked n it was siting alright tracking was out by like a baw hair so i just left it as i would have had to get it all reset after correcting it.

must be a bit louder..

cat gone then?

Like i said to Brembo just a tad, just the center silencer is gone CAT's still there as cant be arsed with MOT time !

Bio, if you decide to sell them lights PM me.

With love, seb

Cant see it mate

Lets see the pics with the lights on mate!!

Might get some today as its a good day !

i seen them lights last week bud n thought id email you but forgot lol smart lights tho

No worries mate cheers ne way !

White Sti Hatch
Yeah mate thats the one i have with mine, fitted the lights today but not happy with them so they will be going back for a replacment set ! !