ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my mk1 cup racer blog (updates page 29)

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
Re: My mk1 track car blog

well pretty much all of my bank holiday weekend was spent working on the car

managed to wire up my heater, only got highest setting so suspect resistor has packed up? i can live with it as it is for now :)

also got handbrake warning lamp, foglight warning lamp, fuel gauge and fuel warning light wired up :D

also found the wires for abs light, indicator lights and hazard lights, labelled them up to make the auto electricians life (who is coming tonight hopefully) easier.

tidied up some of the wiring, grouping wires together and wrapping them in loom tape. has made it look a bit less of a mess, cant wait to chop all the wires out i dont need, will make it look 100% better

my brother came round on monday for a butchers, he pissed himself when he saw the interior loom :rolleyes: and then i could have smacked him when he said 'would it not have been easier to leave the original interior loom in and just connect the engine loom to that?!'

my response 'well yeeeeeees, but at the time the electrician who was doing the work said it would be much easier to cut it all out and make our own loom from scratch!! obviously me having little knowledge of electrics i let him get on with it' :eek:

live and learn eh? ;)

at least my new loom will be alot less bulky than the original :cool:

mwuhahaha sparky didnt turn up, but i got my indicators working, no hazards yet though, think the switch got damaged when i removed it, got one in the garage somewhere.......

right not updated for a while (partly because i lost my phone to pc usb cable!), and it looks like i havent been doing much, but i have!

all electrics are now done, by me! no auto electrician required :cool: just need to sort a dodgy wiper motor connection then rig up the abs light to come on at ignition and i'm done :D

then all thats left to do is tidy some wires up, fit the dash covers and send it off to the garage for the rest of the sill work and hopefully a successful mot test! :eek:

this weekend i fit my SPA mirrors, making carbon fibre baseplates for them in the process

Photo0050.jpg

Photo0049.jpg

Photo0056.jpg

Photo0053.jpg

Photo0055.jpg

Photo0062.jpg

Photo0063.jpg

Photo0064.jpg

this is the current state of the wiring that all needs tidying up! :rolleyes:
Photo0046.jpg

Photo0044.jpg

i also fit my short shifter from the group buy on here, after a bit of adjustment and me shouting obscenities i 'think' i've got it to work ok
Photo0057.jpg

Photo0058.jpg

Photo0059.jpg

Photo0060.jpg

Photo0065.jpg

Photo0066.jpg

that is all for now :D

well this is it, i removed all traces of abs from the car, yet the mot tester is saying that because the computer is saying that model/year should have abs he needs to see the light come on on ignition and then go off after 3 ish seconds, seems like a farce to me lol

so what my plan is: connect oil pressure sender up to valver dials, and loop it into the abs light, that way when ignition comes on oil light comes on aswell as abs light, then oil light goes out and so does abs, jobs a good un. no doubt there will be something in the way to stop it being that simple lmao

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v

Go on my son, nice work!!!! Really impressed you've got the better of the wiring now all thats left to do is learn to drive the old loom tape. Quickshift looks nice and sounds like a breeze to fit ;) LOL

ITB'd MK1

well this is it, i removed all traces of abs from the car, yet the mot tester is saying that because the computer is saying that model/year should have abs he needs to see the light come on on ignition and then go off after 3 ish seconds, seems like a farce to me lol

so what my plan is: connect oil pressure sender up to valver dials, and loop it into the abs light, that way when ignition comes on oil light comes on aswell as abs light, then oil light goes out and so does abs, jobs a good un. no doubt there will be something in the way to stop it being that simple lmao

Tester is wrong. It was optional on all years so doesn't have to be there. Been through the same with my 200sx

bic

Land Rover Discovery

sorry to derail, any news on thids lad paying final balance on this 5th mk1 spoiler ? I feel we have had our pants down a little :)

let me know,

Cheers

Bic

sorry to derail, any news on thids lad paying final balance on this 5th mk1 spoiler ? I feel we have had our pants down a little :)

let me know,

Cheers

Bic

apologies bic, i thought he had :(

i will contact him on the clio16valver forum and get back to you

Mk1 Clio F4R'd

OMG, what a great project. Love everything so far. Wish my gf would notice the things i do on my car and help out! lucky guy.

Keep it up mate!

oh dear, the clio is in major threat of never being finished!!!!!!!

i've just seen another car i want to buy! and boy is it something special!! :eek::cool::approve:

best bit is i can use the clio engine and box in it :cool:

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

NO!

Last edited:

yeh not such a straight forward choice is it, do i write off the last year getting the clio done and buy the laguna

or see the clio through to the end, but not have something as special and one off as the laguna?

hmmm

the clio stays! after all that :rolleyes:

decided to see it through to the end

now does anyone know how long a battery will last if left standing with no drain on it? car hasnt been started in about 2 months ish now :( been trying to sort my oil cooler out, but the dark nights mean i cant get much done

going to treat the old girl to some flash goodies, then get it road legal over xmas :D

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v

Good lad thats what we like to hear!!!! Battery should be ok without any drain on it mine lasted ages and ages without any action.

sweet, prob won't get to start it this weekend either :( waiting on some stuff from america, also put my name down for the AST group buy, just need to see if they fit when i get them lol

when's payday then chris? ;) fancy a drive up to north yorkshire? lmao

ooh a nice piece of kit landed on my desk from america yesterday, so impressed with the build quality i'm going to order some more! :D

will take some pics when i have installed it

also spoke to curtis at powerstation about the AST top mounts, all sounds promising and curtis is very helpful :approve:

providing it stops raining i will take some pics of this weekends activities as i havent posted any new ones in a while :eek:

roffle! no totally universal, just ordered the one to see what the quality was like and i'm impressed. it's nothing mega special, i just couldnt find anything the same from the uk (unless i'm being dumb and they have a uk stockist :eek:)

right it didn't rain at all over the weekend :eek: so i manaqged to get a few hours in

got my mocal oil cooler mounted up, just need to put the sandwich plate in place and put the oil filter on

Photo0100.jpg

Photo0101.jpg

Photo0102.jpg

Photo0099.jpg

and a pic from the front, nice and subtle :cool:

Photo0103.jpg

i also started trying to fit my gauge (thats what came from america ;)) but i lost patience when trying to make the standard aux gauge hole bigger for it :rolleyes: so i will tackle that this week, its either that or i make a new panel out of carbon fibre

sorry guys, nothing to update as yet, as it is the season to spend all your hard earned on buying presents for other people the clio has taken a sideline :(

however i went to focus the other day and bought some hole cutting drill bits and a few other things to help me fit the gauges into the new cf panel. now that's progress!!! lol