ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Inferno 182 FF

Clio 197 RB
So recently after months of trying to sell it, I managed to move on my Renaultsport Megane R26. Was my second R26 and was faultless for the year I had it. But due to commuting by public transport and not using the car much I decided that it would probably be best to sell it.

Heres a pic of it a couple of weeks before I sold it.

14328441140_2d109d8626_z.jpg
IMG_1976 by warrentodd86, on Flickr

Just before I sold the car, I put a wanted ad on here, looking for either an Inferno or a Petrol Blue 182.

I received an email from a guy named Mark who said that he had just purchased a new car and was looking to sell his Inferno 182, he sent me a list of all the details about the car and it was in my price range.

A few days after the email I travelled up to Welwyn Garden City to view the car.

The car was fantastic, It looked amazing, in such great condition for a nine year old car. The car was faultless on the test drive as well.

A deposit was offered and I picked the car up last saturday.

Some info about the car:

2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Inferno Orange FF
78,900 miles

Engine:

Fast chip remap
Samco air pipe
Painted inlet manifold
Painted engine cover
Battery cover
Stainless Steel Exhaust (Unknown Brand)
Panel Filter

Exterior:

Speedline Turini 16" Anthracite
Cup Spoiler
Cup Splitter
172 Black Xenons
Painted bullets
Silvervision bulbs

Interior:

Recaro Trendline Seats
Renaultsport mats
Snappy Wheel Re-trim
Alpine USB Head Unit
Painted interior bits
LED interior lights

Chassis:

Eibach Sport Springs

Anyway I shall let the pics do the talking.

14322132157_16497a8eb0_z.jpg
IMG_1337 by warrentodd86, on Flickr

14322038228_b22b2e067c_z.jpg
IMG_1333 by warrentodd86, on Flickr

14528745913_bd977bdbbe_z.jpg
IMG_1331 by warrentodd86, on Flickr

14322134218_b367e21157_z.jpg
IMG_1315 by warrentodd86, on Flickr

14528800673_7a9f8a25b2_z.jpg
IMG_1321 by warrentodd86, on Flickr

14508684645_3aa21788d2_z.jpg
IMG_1323 by warrentodd86, on Flickr

14507463112_7764b91610_z.jpg
IMG_1346 by warrentodd86, on Flickr

14507226994_6a7eb3a00e_z.jpg
IMG_1347 by warrentodd86, on Flickr

14322129277_411edb9f0f_z.jpg
IMG_1348 by warrentodd86, on Flickr

Now Sold :-(
Hah. Yea new plates. Nice and clean. 3/4 on the front also.
Hats off to you for keeping this car so clean and well looked after.

I am honestly really glad you are enjoying it. Kept me amused for five years so must be something good about it.

Have this to roll around in until the new car arrives......
photo_zps07396676.gif

Lots of toys and grunt but not quite got the driving dynamics of the Clio :D

Clio 197 RB
Car is now fixed and back to full health

Things I did:

Cleaned the Throttle Body
Replaced the Coolant Temperature Sensor
Replaced the Air Temperature Sensor, and
Replaced the Thermostat

Pretty sure it was the Coolant Sensor, but its fixed and now I can concentrate on driving it now.

Clio 197 RB
Really. What have you done to it?
Other than routine maintenance that car didn't miss a beat in the five years I owned it.
You said you'd look after it!! :nono:

Hadnt done anything. It started running rough on Sunday, and I put a thread in the faults/problems section and it seems a few people have had the same problem.
Changed what they said to change and now it's back to full health.

Now Sold :-(
Hadnt done anything. It started running rough on Sunday, and I put a thread in the faults/problems section and it seems a few people have had the same problem.
Changed what they said to change and now it's back to full health.

Just pulling your leg. Glad it was something simple and its back to full health for you.

Megane RB8 & 182
Yeah the meg I got from some guy in London needs a bit of work doing to it! :p I'm really enjoying it though and it's being pampered! Your new car looks really nice by the way!

Clio 197 RB
Yeah the meg I got from some guy in London needs a bit of work doing to it! :p I'm really enjoying it though and it's being pampered! Your new car looks really nice by the way!

Glad you're enjoying it mate. I miss it, but this little Clio is so good, plus the Recaro's make it such a nice place to be in.
TBH there's probably more info on here for the Megs than on Meganesport.net. Haha.

Megane RB8 & 182
Yeah meganesport seems a bit dead, I'm on rs megane! The meg needs a new driveshaft for each side and a new radiator, and then after that it's wheels and front bumper respray! But yeah I'm really enjoying it! The recaros are in really good condition and they're so comfy :)