ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My First Clio

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
if it was 58 i was going to order the rokkor ones from ebay

just bought an iphone the day so plans are on hold for a wee bit ;)

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
right just a small update but here it is ;)
Primer
014.jpg

and then once it was all nice and shiney and fitted ;)
017.jpg

and before i did that yesterday i went to the CS meet in Glasgow on Wednesday night...

013.jpg

Renault Clio
I'v got the same car as yours but the 1.6 16v RSi one. Just wanted to see what it looks like? Thinking of doing my front ones yellow and the back black.

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
ive got pics to upload im just lazy.....

only updates is the cars gave me a hefty repair bill and i added a fast car shocker sticker to the back...(not in the picture)

needed new
drums,
wheel bearings
shoes
wheel cylinders

still needs
2 x tyres :( 175/60/14's

003.jpg

004.jpg

Last edited:
  mk2 ph1 1.4 S
Well the clear side repeaters are on ( cheers stu ;) ) and then I got bored so used so stickers I had lying around...,

Pics to follow when I can be assed uploading them lol

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
ive got pics of the stickers on..... for some reason never took a pic of the side repeaters... but im sure you will all know in your mind its instantly better than the orange C**P that was on before ;)

rear window
009.jpg

sunroof
011.jpg

010.jpg

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
i love my stickers lol.... next change will be de-wipering ;)

just gonna get a grommet to begin with... though may invest in the blanking plate off clio_stu soon depends on funds tbh!

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
heres some pics for my next update ;)

firstly i visited the scrap yard and came back with this lot ( minus the dewiper blanking plate that was from clio_stu)
001-1.jpg

a nice lot of 12 bonnet badges, 9 have gone on ebay as standard, 2 to my mate to muck about with paint schemes and one i have sprayed gloss black to sell to my mate ;)
(anyone wanting a gloss black badge can PM me on here or here is the eBay link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....14983&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1154)

The blanking plate was looking a bit tatty so gave it a rub down with some fine sand paper and gave it a nice new coat of gloss black
002-2.jpg

heres a hint as to what my next update will be ;)
003-3.jpg

then finally ripped the wiper motor out ( was a pain in a JEER! ) and got the blanking plate on
004-2.jpg

much neater on the back end now id say :)

never got a pic of the speakers fitted into the parcel shelf but hey ho.... they are wired into the rear door card speakers and work pretty damn well ;)
Nice Pioneer Three-ways :p

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
Haha its getting there stu!
I can't wait until Friday so I can order some paint ;) then its hello colour coding :D

Ended up with more stickers being put on last night eh stu ;) you and Ashley got a little bit too excited when I mentioned stickers lol

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
Well the paint has been ordered, so waiting on the coming through the post...

Also got another mirror fitted now too so the cars coming along nicely :)

Just needs a set of 15/16s and an induction kit and I will be happy :)

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
right opinions....

should i colour code the bumpers or leave them black?

im going to colour code the spoiler and side strips once the paint arrives but im still undecided on the bumpers....

reason being i do fancy getting a phase 2 172 rear bumper at some stage then obviously i will need to colour code the front bumper...

clio mk2 1.6 16v
yeah colour code them and think you should paint back renault badges black aswell with pressed plates :p looking good tho i like the stickers keep stickering

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
Back badges will get colour coded or smoothed off if anything

Pressed plates are a good shout though! And more stickers are needed but I'm low at the moment so I'm trying to save for an induction kit for the car :) £80 to save lol! Selling crap on eBay ftw!!

I still need to get black hammerite for the rear drums asap and also get the yellow valvers off stu!
They are gonna be my winter project ;) watch this space for how they turn out ;)

Oh and I wanna colour code the door handles, boot lock and aerial mount lol so plenty left to do even before I get it lowered! Save that for if I don't move to the USA next summer

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
whiskeyyy buy my bootlid! the nice de-badged/ de locked one ;) also, dont spend 80 quid on a gay induction kit!!! save another 80 and get coilies, u know it makes sense :p decked on valvers will be jizz worthy tbh!!!! <3

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
The rokkor ones aren't on eBay anymore stu! Plus they were the wrong bolt spacing mind!
Might just get the ram air induction kit at £50 lol
Plus I want induction noise! As it's epic winz

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
Yeah I've been watching your thread Ben ;) its getting there! Your the same as me and in need of lows!

Oh and my aero wipers came today so the car got a clean and them fitted... The blades on them afe bright green/yellow! Its making me want to change my mind on the colour I spray the valvers!

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
Well the yellow valvers are now fitted and it's making me want to keep them yellow! I'm loving it... Pics to follow after my other update is completed ;)

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
meh i got bored so heres the pics of the previous 2 updates...

update 1
before
001-2.jpg

after
004-4.jpg

update 2
moved the door speakers i had in the parcel shelf to the doors... 6x9s are now in there place ;)
007-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

P.S that aint me thats my mate who does the wiring for me lol

Update 3
the one you have all been waiting for ;)
009-2.jpg

clio mk2 1.6 16v
nice, needs slamming tho soon i think lol.. i had them exact wheels on my old clio but in silver lol