ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My EP3 CTR

Megane r26
Going to be buying some pro-lines within the next month but desperately need to book in for a service.

However where are people going ? Area Motorsport seems the closest and best, however it's basically gone AWT (Angelworks) style-y..

ABP is 2 hours away, which is excessive for a service, although it is the biggie 75k. It adds £40 on the petrol bill for the service.

Fred serving HONDA's ?

http://www.ti-motorsport.co.uk/index.php

Try these boys, know there hondas an heard alot of good feedback an abit closer then abp

TTRS & V50
Nice, will be good to see that vs proline. I got fed up with the Clio being so low, so don't want to go down that road again and the sportlines go quite low.

Anyway, Japshow Finale tomorrow at Santa Pod so I cleaned my car ready for the CTRO stand.

Full detail thread over on detailers world: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=281891

Here's a few from that..

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
whats the price difference between a pre & pos f lift? are there any other differences bar cosmetic?

TTRS & V50
The facelift model was introduced in 2004. There are roughly 1500 changes, however the main ones are:

Lighter flywheel.
Additional sound deadening.
Different front and rear light clusters.
Different front bumper.
Red door inserts and red inserts on the seats.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Premier is the edition Id go for it you can stretch to it. Theres only minor changes, but The Recaros are worth it IMO

Premier is a late facelift, with Recaro Trendline Seats, Tinted Rear windows, Momo Steering wheel and Type R Embossed front Calipers :)

TTRS & V50
I'm all for the prem and everything, but they do cost a premium !

And the tints actually ruin it, they look s**t. It's like buying a 197/200 and putting a halfords spoiler on it..oh wait I mean cup.

TTRS & V50
Going to ABP in two weeks, in a bit of a situation though.

Getting a 75k service regardless but do I lower, if so it will only be Eibach Pro-line -15mm.

With CTR's everybody swears by FRSU and camber arms and bolts. This makes lowering -15mm £550 fully fitted and aligned, madness TBH.

So do I go along with that or put the money towards a SC'd CTR, never bought a modded car, let a lone a SC modded car..HMMMMM.

Swift Sport
I bought the springs separately and got a friend to fit them to save money, then got the camber bolts/arms fitted and the FRSU done at ABP today. In all I've spent 430 quid, which could've been even less if I'd used Grinspeed. To me, it now drives similar to how my 197 did on KW coilovers... It's very different to standard. The Sportlines are actually very good but I don't want to recommend them as I don't know what you class as comfortable, but I'd say they were fine. You're welcome to try mine if you're ever around Cannock...

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Going to ABP in two weeks, in a bit of a situation though.

Getting a 75k service regardless but do I lower, if so it will only be Eibach Pro-line -15mm.

With CTR's everybody swears by FRSU and camber arms and bolts. This makes lowering -15mm £550 fully fitted and aligned, madness TBH.

So do I go along with that or put the money towards a SC'd CTR, never bought a modded car, let a lone a SC modded car..HMMMMM.

But If you lower it and dont fitthe arms (like me) Your rear tyres wear (like mine) :(

TTRS & V50
Neg camber is standard on the rear, lowering 15mm is just like having two mates in the back, if that. Probably an extra half a degree of neg camber.

TTRS & V50
Well, it's been a fooking expensive day, but all worth it !

I started out with heading to ABP Motorsport in Crewe this morning to get a 75k service. Brilliant service, although I did miss junction 16 somehow on the M6 so was half an hour late..

So my 75k was tailored as some of the stuff i've had done. I got Engine Oil, Oil filter, Gearbox Oil, Brake fluid and Air filter changed, they also re-greased my front pads FOC as they were squeaking, massive thank-you for that. The drive home was silky smooth, and have definitely noticed the difference, was bang on 10 months and 10k since last service.

Can't really take photos of the service but here's the Air Filter after.

DSC_0349.jpg

Next on the list was get two front tyres fitted. Which are Toyo Proxies T1R, a lot of people slate them, but at the end of the day, they we're £72 each delivered from CamSkill (another BRILLIANT service). Can't complain, yes they're crap in wet, but I don't do wet hero driving and yes, they wear quickly, but that's my only qualms and I'm happy with that.

DSC_0356.jpg

Only changed the 2 fronts for now as the rear two ditch finders will see my through to next year where I'll change front to back and get some T1R's on the front again.

Next on the list was the washer jets, I bought some stupidly expensive Honda Jazz jets from Tegiwa as only one of mine was working and it was s**t, can't believe Honda used them TBH, all about the mist.

Old:

DSC_0391.jpg

New:

DSC_0351.jpg

DSC_0352.jpg

Before:

DSC_0358.jpg

After:

DSC_0388.jpg

Much better, but still stupidly overpriced, but I don't work in a bodyshop anymore so can't nick them off a write off, lol.

Oh, and while I was at ABP this morning I purchased these:

DSC_0364.jpg

Just the Eibach Pro-Kit, should be perfect height, I think the Sportlines are too low, IMO. Hopefully get those fitted this week, unless a member of the forum fancies fitting them for some beer tokens ? I hate not working in the motor industry anymore, it's time like these where I could use the workshop.

Finally the state of the car. Not washed since Jap Show above.

DSC_0366.jpg

An eventful day on the ol' Civic. Fin.

TTRS & V50
No one's posted :(

Anyway, I finally got the above fitted this week-end on the cheap. Every garage I rang up wanted book time of 5 hours and then 40-50 per hour. LOL, it's 4 springs.

It also hasn't been cleaned for exactly 2 months, so thought it was about time considering the wheels have no protection on. Not that they are worthy of any due to curbing, but wanted to make it easier come giving it a proper going over.

DSC_0467.jpg

Excuse the lens causing a shadow. But the flash picked up the extent of the dirt.

DSC_0469.jpg

DSC_0472.jpg

DSC_0482.jpg

DSC_0474.jpg

DSC_0477.jpg

And then cleaned. AF Tough Coat still doing a brilliant job..oh and pre-wash is s**t, complete waste of money, IMO.

DSC_0483.jpg

DSC_0485.jpg

DSC_0486.jpg

DSC_0487.jpg

DSC_0488.jpg

DSC_0492.jpg

DSC_0493.jpg

DSC_0494.jpg

DSC_0505.jpg

DSC_0504.jpg

DSC_0506.jpg

DSC_0527.jpg

DSC_0519.jpg

DSC_0508.jpg

DSC_0530.jpg

That's it.

Probably won't do anything for a while now. Just going to let the springs settle a little, then get some camber bolts and a FRSU. No, i'm not doing camber arms, really don't think the rear needs adjusting. I know i'll get the haters, but I'm sure I won't see the £180 benefit..Controversial.

Swift Sport
Nice mate!

I can't believe what places try to charge for fitting, my mate did mine in 2hrs and he didn't rush. Car looks clean and tidy which looks best in my opinion, I only like the JDM mods if you go all-out and go mental. As for the FRSU there is a MASSIVE difference in the way the car drives afterwards, but unless you drive like a loon or do trackdays there's no real need. Just keep your eye on the tyre wear in the meantime. :)

TTRS & V50
Cheers bud.

Yeah I'll definitely go for the front camber bolts, but I doubt the rears, i'm not low enough to warrent, IMO. I will keep an eye out for insides going quickly. Mistake I made on the Clio with -2 deg, lol.

I'm happy with how it is at the moment. Just need to get rid of the rear ditch finders for matching T1-R's (I know people think they're ditch finders, but they're nothing compared the budgets). Then pre-facelift rears and a alloy refurb. Think that'll be my lot.

However I'm thinking of f*cking off for a year to America and Oz so it will probably be stuck in the garage before I do any of that.

Swift Sport
You're best off speaking to someone like Steve at Grinspeed, and tell him what you've done and what (if anything) he thinks you should do regarding set-up and tyre wear. Hankook V12 EVO's are a good cheap(ish) tyre, way better than T1-R's in my opinion.

Where in the US are you thinking of going? I've had the same thoughts myself, wouldn't mind living on the West Coast for a while.

TTRS & V50
The T1-R's were 70 per tyre so couldn't complain.

I'm a snowboarder, so thinking of doing a season in Nevada somewhere, then go chill in California once that's over. Need to get this out my system before buying a house, having a family and that. Plus England annoys me ever since I went to New Zealand for a few months last year, lol.

Swift Sport
Tell me about it, I wanna live in the US for the same reasons only I ride Bmx. I snowboard too but it's not something I'm passionate about, although I've watched RedBulls 'Art Of Flight' several times now lol. :)

TTRS & V50
I'm sure I must've seen you at Corby before then ! In my previous life I was a skateboarder, but too old for that now so progressed to the snow.

Best film ever, literally !

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Looks very nice!
I need mine dropping but dont want the ABP kit, think I might go with Tein springs.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Looks very nice!
I need mine dropping but dont want the ABP kit, think I might go with Tein springs.

Out of Curiosity, why dont you want the ABP kit? I wanted Teins (because JDM y0) but on research, at least on UK roads, the Eibach/ABP kit is the better choice?

A45 AMG 406BHP
i had the ABP 30mm spring version- no camber arms, and my rear tryes were still fine after 2k....

i thought they were great springs with no problems and perfect height( abit to low with people in the back mind)

ive still got my rear abp springs in the shed, if anyone wants them for cheap

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Out of Curiosity, why dont you want the ABP kit? I wanted Teins (because JDM y0) but on research, at least on UK roads, the Eibach/ABP kit is the better choice?

I don't want to go as low as the ABP springs, with my bpipe I catch on most speed bumps already!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
This is worrying, as Im possibly getting a B Pipe on Friday.....

If I hadnt just bought 4x brand new 17" Tyres and had my wheels refurbed, I could've got some 18" Rotas (Come at me Gaz ;)) but seems silly doing it now IVe spent over £500 on a refurb and tyres

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
My 2.5" b-pipe has got a f**k off dent in it and scrapes so often. It's beginning to look a mess, lol!

The ABP springs would ruin my life even more, pro line is an option as well as the teins. Literally only want a 20mm drop.

TTRS & V50
ABP/Eibach was too low for me.

Get these Philly, literally perfect height IMO. However, people say they are brilliant comfort, TBH, they are significantly worse than standard, but as expected with a lower car. I never believed them to be a better ride than standard.

Lol, Aterro, should f**king hope they're still fine after 2k !!

TTRS & V50
They're good yeah, proper drivers car (except lack of steering feel (not as bad as people make out however)). Just so raw and basic.

Fuel isn't bad either. I average around 33mpg from a tank with a lot of VTEC.

They're getting cheap now, not compared to Clio's but for a JAP car, they're cheap IMO.

Swift Sport
Agreed... I've mentioned it several times already but they're 100% better to drive with a fast road set-up, much more responsive and predictable as they're a little sketchy standard. I personally think the fuel economy is poor, but I don't do any motorway miles in mine. Despite being in a similar sector to the Clio they're a totally different car to drive and own, and build quality is far better as you can imagine.

TTRS & V50
Well unlike most people that get FRSU's, my springs have had a good month and half to settle now and about 1.5k miles.

Yes I may have had some scrubbing on the wheels as it's out of track, but I see no point spending money getting FRSU before the springs have settled.

Anyway, just received these badboys. Front Eibach camber bolts, not bothering about arms for the rear as I've mentioned previous.

DSC_0550.jpg

DSC_0551.jpg

Anyone know of anywhere to take it for FRSU - rear camber in the midlands ? Will probably end up at Area in Stoke, but it seems a bloody long way to drive for a alignment.

Racing Blue 182 Cup
My old JDM EP3

224717_6899290333_8860_n_zpsce5e4314.jpg

I loved that car!! So quick, superb build quality and great driving position. Crazy revs and 9k red line was addictive. The steering was awful and when i got a 172 cup after selling it it felt so cheap and flimsy, and slow, but was so involving to drive.

TTRS & V50
Ah sorry thought it aloud non-members to view.

Here I have for sale my Honda Civic Type R EP3.

Genuine reason for sale. Owned for 10 months and done 13k in it and it's never missed a beat, very reliable.

Cosmic Grey (best colour
icon_e_wink.gif
)
Facelift model
83k and rising, I do 3-400 miles a week !
13 months MOT (END of Feb 2014)
8 months TAX (31 Sept 2013)
HPI Clear
FSH - proper service history (not like most) as below:

19/04/2005 - 4.7k - Brighton HONDA
08/03/2006 - 13.5k - Brighton Toyota
01/03/2007 - 23k - Portsmouth HONDA
09/02/2008 - 35k - Portsmouth HONDA
19/02/2009 - 45k - Church's Perfomance Cars
30/07/2010 - 58k - Longford Garage
05/12/2011 - 67k - Mark's Garage
20/10/2012 - 78k - ABP Motorsport

AIR CON model (optional extra of 1k)
I am the 5th owner however I have a timeline of all the owners and one of them was a trader (that put it in his name :S) so 4 proper owners.
It sits on Eibach Pro-lines which were fitted 4k ago which sits at a perfect height (standard springs included)
Honda Jazz washer jets (A million times better than the standard rubbish)
Flat wipers (Again, a world ahead of the standard items)
New Proxie T1-R's on the front recently and rear tyres have plent of tread.
New disc and pads all round done 7k ago, all have plenty of life left.

Never tracked as far as im aware.
All the seats are in great condition no rips of tears, only a tiny miss-stiching on the drivers side bolster.
Alloys kerned from previous life.
I've had the car completely de-dented as I used to work in a bodyshop, unfortunately I noticed the other day that someone has kindly dented the passenger door in a car park no doubt.
Rear bumper/OS sideskirt and OSF bumper have a few marks from previous owners, all touched up so never bother me.
Since MOT theres an advisory of OSF track rod end and it could do with a FRSU since the springs have settled. I've had this priced at £200 so i've knocked this off the price. The price will go up if I get this done, which I probably will soon.

The car has never seen paint so has never been in a crash, from working in a bodyshop I made sure I didn't buy a car with previous crash damage, no matter how small. No sign of any dry edges which is great for peace of mind.

VTEC all works fine, no smoke or anything.
Stearing rack is fine too, no pulling.

Car comes with 2 sets of keys and fobs.

Car located in Northamptonshire.

Want 4.2k without FRSU or 4.4k with.