ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My DIY Cup splitter

BlackGold 182
well while the car is off the road means i been getting round to doing a few things, first up was spraying my cup splitter

i done it in ford sea grey, i think it will look better once the wheels go anthracite too but i wish id of done it gloss black instead tbh, also i sprayed rear insert and exhaust surrounds sea grey too.

i literately just gave it a quick spray with the jet wash as i didnt have time to detail it like i want to next.

1d9760e3-b772-45ef-9e92-26c3d7a7b813_zps24e12cdc.jpg

5dfa3284-8b7a-46fa-a708-3c7132621ffe_zps6bbc1c7a.jpg

DSC_1054_zps4839592b.jpg

DSC_1055_zps62462759.jpg

53 Clio's & counting
Unfortunately mate to me it looks like when you have plastic bumpers that fade to grey - thats what it looks like has happened to the splitter :( I think gloss black 100% :)

BlackGold 182
I no:( my mate told me to do it black but I thought it might come out same brightness as a carbon one, but unfortuneltly not:( I think I will be taking it off again and doing it black

387bhp RB Trophy SC
Lol at gray. Who would even paint it gray you may aswell have wiped it in polish and let it all dry.

BlackGold 182
Lol at gray. Who would even paint it gray you may aswell have wiped it in polish and let it all dry.

Is carbon not grey? Lol I'm just trying different things rather than following everyone else on cs, look at my old iceberg, it's just experimenting

It will be going gloss black in a week or so

BlackGold 182
I was going to do the splitter in carbon but realised I didn't have enough. It is grey and black to be fair.

387bhp RB Trophy SC
Its not grey and black tbh I lay up racing boats in carbon fibre as I'm a composite laminator/fitter/trimmer etc.