ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my cocky mate in his cooper s works

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
my mate whom i hadnt saw for about a year appeared last night in his new mini cooper s works... slated my car to death saying how he was gonna give me it so i took him down my cough ***private drag strip**** cough and sat side by side with him.. he still went on to say ahh but u never pulled away from me!! why do us clio owners always get slated cupra r owners **** me saying im slow untill i raced one and sat with him aswell!!!!!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Re: my c**ky mate in his cooper s works

my mate whom i hadnt saw for about a year appeared last night in his new mini cooper s works... slated my car to death saying how he was gonna give me it so i took him down my cough ***private drag strip**** cough and sat side by side with him.. he still went on to say ahh but u never pulled away from me!! why do us clio owners always get slated cupra r owners **** me saying im slow untill i raced one and sat with him aswell!!!!!

I would have p1ss myself laughing, closed the door and shout "come back in another year when you have something decent."

MCS Works? Who gives a flying fcuk? Do owners of such cars have something to prove with their self-induced 'big-upmanship'?

Makes me laugh...:cool:

D.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Should of asked him:

"Whats it like to pay an extra £10k for a car which isnt faster than mine?" lol

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
You should have congratulated his girlfriend on buying such a nice car.

Mercedes C Class Sport
Think of everything else you could have spent £22k on! Altho i admit i do like cooper s works

audi a6 3.0tdi

i like them a lot but when you compare them with the clio they are very over priced. i might get one when they are not fashionable anymore and cheap

BMW Z4 3.0i
I'm surprised he didn't have you though tbh. Iused ot have a 172. Me and my mate (cooper S owner) came together off a slip runway onto the motorrunway together and it was absolute dead heat until terminal speeds when I literally was creeping past at walking pace difference. Before people start, I think mine had more torque "in the twisties" beforehand. I wasn't having to give my car as much stick to keep up, but handlingwise his mini was very good indeed. Very well planted and I couldn't see any body roll.

I am making these comparisons while competely ignoring cost of course. But then I'm also ignoring image and build quality. I'm not even going into that debate, I'm keeping my comments based purely on performance. Basically I think there's sod all in them so I reckon a works mini should come out on top of a 172 182. My opinion anyway.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

"Well it's comfy for a start" would be the obvious first answer.

Followed by

"It won't fall apart"

and

"Depreciation? What depreciation?" :p

Although not sure what the latter is like on the MCS Works models, but on the rest of the range it's pretty damn good.

BMW M4; S1000 RR

It's still 10k more though and it definitely isn't twice the car.

Depends what you value.

If you want nothing but cheap frills, then a 182 is perfect. You have to pay to get the performance AND comfort, service etc.

clio 182 sport/

the lad will be laughing all the way to the bank when he comes to selling it. they are good fun to drive and they are quicker than a 182 thats no doubt. my neighbour has a mini gp and its rapid it pulls away slowly from me going down the dual carriageway,but so it should it has 36 bhp more than mine. and its not me driving slow because any muppet can drive their car flat out on a straight road. and mine even has the ignition cutoff pack so i can change gear with my foot still hard on the throttle for a quicker gear shift.