ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my clio killed a dog last night !

clio 182 +cup packs
drivin down a b road last night on my way home from footy and a greyhound ran out in front of me, the car coming the opposite way clipped it straight into my direction, it hit my bumper and folded it in then the poor b*stard went straight under and ripped off some of my undercarriage, i was doing about 35 when i hit him and had no time to brake, debating whether or not to claim off the insurance an lose my excess cos the steering doesnt feel right and i bumped the kerb when i stopped.....:-(....oh and yes it WAS dead and yes there WAS guts over the road for the people interested...should i claim or wot ??

AK

M240i
sorry to hear this!

depends how much your excess is mate and if you've got protected no claims.

Any pics of the damage/dog (thats sick :()

don't post dead-dog pics:rolleyes:

that's not good - seen two dead cats this week, on the way into work

did you report it to the Police? you're obliged to, as it's a dog (don't have to with cats)

clio 182 +cup packs
sorry lol no pics of poor muttley, but the bumper and grill are f*cked and under the passenger arch the plastics are ripped off, plus 1 badly kerbed wheel, steering feels very light too, , my excess is maybe 150-200 i think, but i got 0 no claims anyway and the copper said i could claim off some accident beaurau rather than my own insurance.....???

Mini Cooper S sport
Oh dear, what a shame - for you and the dog. I'd be devastated. Would hate to think Id killed an animal, and also would be most pissed off at the damage to the car.

Hope you managed to contact the owner.

Why do you have no no claims?

My excess is £200, so I'd have to weigh up if it was worth claiming on insurance or not. Probably not in your case, shame.

clio 182 +cup packs
i had an engine fire last year on my other clio and had to claim, so might just get the bumper repaired, it was a dog that belonged to one of the jippos on the caravan site where it happenedand a young pikey came out gave me some attitude an said " i paid £500 for that dag" well why werent it on a lead i said
..?

groan. it was probably stolen:rolleyes:
have heard some repulsive things about what some of the local lot do with their stolen dogs

try ringing your insurers and asking what you need to do - sounds as though it'd be difficult to sort it within your excess anyway

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
nothin worse i dog came out of no were on me when i had my 106 i seen it last min n slammed on just clipped it i stopped n didnt know were it was, got out next min the things bounding off into the distance, no damage but i felt tite on it

That dont sound good at all..

I've hit a rabbit once and that didnt feel good at all
Like going over a half a speed bump

I would try and get the problem sorted myself to be honest
i would not claim

182FF with cup packs
drivin down a b road last night on my way home from footy and a greyhound ran out in front of me, the car coming the opposite way clipped it straight into my direction, it hit my bumper and folded it in then the poor b*stard went straight under and ripped off some of my undercarriage, i was doing about 35 when i hit him and had no time to brake, debating whether or not to claim off the insurance an lose my excess cos the steering doesnt feel right and i bumped the kerb when i stopped.....:-(....oh and yes it WAS dead and yes there WAS guts over the road for the people interested...should i claim or wot ??

:(

I did that in my 172 back in September. Did £1600 worth of damage :(

Clio 182FF
Poor doogle :(

I hit a cat once... and a pigeon... felt really guilty for ages about the cat... but not the pigeon...

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
I am one of these people who, despite the fact i know its against the law and not what you should do, swerve etc to avoid animals, i even stopped to help a woman who'd hit a cat and didn't know what to do with it, my girlfriend calls me Dr. Dolittle lol.

Bumder With A Buffer
Years ago I had a similar thing with a cat, Little bugger ran out n front of me chasing a bird and I clipped it :(

Poor thing was lying on the side of the road crying this god awfull noise :( . So I knocked on a few doors to see if it belonged to anyone. No it didn't so i went back to pick it up and the little bugger went for me, shot up and ran off as if nothing had happened! I was like WTF you were on the verge of death just now, I shat my pants as it reminded me of Pet Cemetry! (you have to be old enough to of seen that film!)

Its quite surprising how many people dont stop when they hit an animal. There are ducks in the next villiage and they cross the road and people get sooo impatient, the other day a female duck had been squished and her companion was just standing next to her poking her! It was sooo sad :(

320d
Its a nightmare situation mate. I mean you'll feel bad enough about the dog but even worse that you car is damaged through no fault of your own.

Don't know what to recommend mate. You've already had one claim which is bad enough when insuring a hot hatch so another might not go down well. This is the problem with insurance, it's supposed to be for incidents like this but if you use it when your under 35 then you can't insure anything other than a 1.0 Micra for a reasonable price.

Albi Blue RS 200
sorry to hear this!

depends how much your excess is mate and if you've got protected no claims.

Any pics of the damage/dog (thats sick :()

Why would you want pictures of a dead dog with it's guts ripped open :S

Poor thing, there literally is nothing you can do in these situations, it's dangerous to swerve really, I almost hit a dog but managed to just about avoid it, very close though. Hope you sort it out ok

Albi Blue RS 200
Its quite surprising how many people dont stop when they hit an animal. There are ducks in the next villiage and they cross the road and people get sooo impatient, the other day a female duck had been squished and her companion was just standing next to her poking her! It was sooo sad :(

That's quite sad :dapprove:, never nice to see a hurt animal. Most people don't stop as it's actually quite dangerous to do so. A women was killed on the one of the motorways when she stopped after hitting something.

R.I.P Clio
Gutted bro, Ive hit a couple of rabbits b4 its a horrible feeling :(
I think you have to report it to the police if you hit a dog???

Poor doogle :(

I hit a cat once... and a pigeon... felt really guilty for ages about the cat... but not the pigeon...
:eek: :nono:

Clio 197 08
Gutted to hear about the Clio and the dog! Hope you get the damaged sorted! Even though you have no claims to lose atm dont forget when you do come to renew it will be another thing to bump the premium up!