ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio 1.2

Clio 1.2 16v
I'm new to the forum, just posting on here to see what people think about my car and what to do next
Bought the car a year ago, standard 1.2 16v extreme model, black
At the moment, due to being limited by funds :( i havent done too much but now im earning a bit so starting to do stuff
I have installed a sound system, theloudest.com door speakers, fli 15" sub/amp active, alpine headunit
I have got White OZ Superturismo's with low profile tyres and a K & N induction kit

Now im looking at lowering it but cant make a decision what on, its a choice between..

Spax Suspension Kit with Adjustable Damping
or
V-Maxx Coilovers

I dont want to lower it and make the car impractical without being able to change ride height (Spax) but i dont want to make the car's ride really s**t so i was wondering if anyone is running any of these and could advise me on the best thing to go for
At the moment, im edging towards Spax i think

Any reponses and opinions welcomed please :)

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
I'd say go for the vmaxx as you can then dial in the exact stance you want for the car and for shows etc could then just deck it too

Get some pics up too and welcome to CS

Clio 1.2 16v
Thanks, i will get some pics up hopefully today :)

Only problem is, i have read up a bit on this forum about the vmaxx and apparently they are a horrible ride, plus the Spax only lower by 40mm so i dont think it would make it that impractical and i would be able to adjust damping

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
People say anything lowered gives a horrible ride so it's 6 of one half a dozen of the other tbh

Depends what you want really, adjustable height for shows sletc

Or just a bit lower look

Though most on here will say Coileys as youbwill want lower once you go 40mm etc

Clio 1.2 16v
Okay mate, thanks for the help :)

Guess its just a decision between adjustable height for shows and stuff or adjustable damping for practicality and a bit of comfort haha :)

Clio 1.2 16v
Anyone recommend any other changes that can be made to make the car subtly better???

Not too expensive either though lol

Clio 1.2 16v
Defo considering the side skirts colour coded, my car is black so it would just be a case of getting them done metallic black, then probs the bullets white to match my wheels or summit

Clio 1.2 16v
UPDATE: Just to let people know, im going for the Spax Suspension Kit with Adjustable Damping
I will post some before and after pics on this thread when i get them on and will let you know what i think of it

Clio 1.2 16v
Stupid question!!! : How do i add pictures to a thread if i aint a member?

It says i cant post attachments so i cant paste them into the thread :/

Renault Clio 1.6 CUP
Stupid question!!! : How do i add pictures to a thread if i aint a member?

It says i cant post attachments so i cant paste them into the thread :/

upload to photobucket and paste the
jfiosgdhosahgo
into the thread. Simple as pie :p

Clio 1.2 16v
Decided on a Spax suspension kit because i need practicality so they have adjustable damping :D

Plus the roads by me are SO s**t, although everywhere is probably just as bad lol :L

Clio 1.2 16v
Thanks mate, thought the black on white would go well :)

Gonna get it lowered in the next couple of weeks when i get the kit delivered :D

Then im going to spray the bullets white, what do people think about spraying the diamonds white? Good idea or not? :/

MK3 GTI golf 16v
diamonds and bullets would be good, proabably it though, i wouldnt go mad with it. stubby aerial ? clear side repeaters ?

p.s those alloys are beautiful

VW Passat 170 sport
Looks well Just lower it.. every car should have nice alloys and lowered and go no further !

Clio 1.2 16v
Yeah thats what i was thinking, dont wanna go OTT :)

Yeah im gonna get them, plus silvertec bulbs :) all the subtle changes are coming, just gettin the big stuff done atm lol

Thanks mate ;) i like them :D

Clio 1.2 16v
UPDATE: Ordered the Spax PSX Suspension Kit so hopefully it will be here by the end of the week :)

Will upload some more pics once i have it fitted

Clio 1.2 16v
Suspension kit arrived today :) cant wait to get it on!!

Fittng it tomorrow so will upload some before and after pics

Ordering RS grille on thursday as well so should be fitted by next week

Clio 1.2 16v
Suspension kit is on :) im pleased with the results

It hasnt made a massive difference in terms of ride height but i never thought it would seen as i was only getting it done by 40mm

But the handling has improved massively, much more firm ride and a HUGE reduction in body roll :D

The good thing is, i can always change the springs easily to 60mm if i wanted to go lower and keep the 40mm springs for whenever :)

Will get some pics up soon so you can see what i mean lol

Clio 1.2 16v
Havent been on here in a while so just thought i would chuck on an update :)

Been short of money lately so havent done much since last time but...
fitted my RS grill

I have a quote to get my bullets and diamonds sprayed professionally so getting that done soon as well

Let me know any ideas please, need some inspiration as im not too imaginative and daring lol