ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my clio 1.2 16v

renault clio 1.2
iv had the clio just over a month now and done abit of work to it (somethings not to everyones taste)
had windows tinted to dark smoke
DSCF1451.jpg

side view
DSCF1452.jpg
slightly smoked rear lights

DSCF1510.jpg

black sprayed roof

black roof.jpg

pipercross induction kit
DSCF1460.jpg

17" JRD black alloys
alloys.jpg
stainless exhaust
DSCF1506.jpg

sound system: Pioneer head unit, 2 12" 1000w fli subs (need recovering and grilles fitted)
,DSCF1511.jpgDSCF1508.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF1507.jpg
    DSCF1507.jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 93
  • DSCF1503.jpg
    DSCF1503.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCF1515.jpg
    DSCF1515.jpg
    564 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCF1513.jpg
    DSCF1513.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCF1512.jpg
    DSCF1512.jpg
    315.1 KB · Views: 113
  renault clio 1.2
all the thumbnails is other work iv done( sprayed interior parts gloss black green LED interior light, shorter ripspeed aerial) more work is planned including lowered, colour codeing interior(little bits not OTT) and bumb strips.

comments and ideas would be appreciated (i.e side skirts wich ones would look best)

clio 5door sport rep
cant see you getting a lot of love here with that.... sound system looks ok i suppose... your neighbours must hate you... what with the chavtastic exhaust and induction kit and 2x1000 subs in ur boot.... :) each to their own tho... id get new wheels though if i were you :)

renault clio 1.2
i nar it looks bit chavy i was thinkn of changing wheels its what i got with car........... (in my defence its me first proper car so not 100% sure what looks good and what doesnt) its work in progress at the minuet

blue 1.2 16v
get rid of that jap end can exhaust there horrid, also get some different wheels them wheels just dont look good at all, try keep your car simple and looking nice

(s)Low Dynamique
You could pick up a set of dynamique alloys in the region of £100, or you could probably get some 172 alloys for not much more. I'd recommend you do that!

You should also colour code your sidestrips asap, really smartens it up - it's a doddle to do and it's inexpensive!

Other ideas:
RS Grille
Silvervisions
De-wiper rear
Flat wiper blades (front)
Remove window tints (best thing I ever did!)
Spray small things black to go with your silver+black scheme (Renault diamonds, Clio bootlid badge, wing mirror covers possibly?)

clio 5door sport rep
but maybe get some black 172 alloys if you like the black alloy look. lower it... take the exhaust off... remove window tints... and it will look so much better. RS grill for the front end aswell does wonders....

renault clio 1.2
You could pick up a set of dynamique alloys in the region of £100, or you could probably get some 172 alloys for not much more. I'd recommend you do that!

You should also colour code your sidestrips asap, really smartens it up - it's a doddle to do and it's inexpensive!

Other ideas:
RS Grille
Silvervisions
De-wiper rear
Flat wiper blades (front)
Remove window tints (best thing I ever did!)
Spray small things black to go with your silver+black scheme (Renault diamonds, Clio bootlid badge, wing mirror covers possibly?)

thanks for the ideas iv sprayed the back clio badge black, getting bump stips colour coded end of the month
iv started spraying litle bits black inside going to do some silver aswell, the window tints are mainly for me young neice and nephew (who i have quite offten and helps keeps them cool in the back), will defo take in what you have mentioned thanks alot mate

renault clio 1.2
i agree the exhaust is a litle too much got it had it fitted will eventually change it (when back in the girlfriends good books lol) what exhaust would people recommend??

(s)Low Dynamique
i agree the exhaust is a litle too much got it had it fitted will eventually change it (when back in the girlfriends good books lol) what exhaust would people recommend??

I can't really recommend it as I haven't bought mine yet, but I've heard amazing things about the ktec stealth supersports

renault clio 1.2
im eather going to spay me spoiler black or carbon wrap it, the repeaters came with the car.

Jake007g thanks for the advice bud will look into them

extreme flamer
I like the black roof on silver, I'd have done the spoiler black as well but its your car and your choice. Do you get any real difference with that induction kit on a 1.2 or are they just all about the noise?

renault clio 1.2
you notice a litle difrence n noise is deep im not sure wether im painting the spoiler or CF wrapping it yet..... took some advice today and dewipperd the back and looks better sortd out colour coding for the end of the month and looking into other suggestions

extreme flamer
Cheers, might look into getting 1 at some point when i need a new air filter, I've thought about dewipering the back window a few times but I think I'd regret it, looks like a nice wee car you'v got there

renault clio 1.2
before
DSCF1451.jpg

After
DSCF1520.jpg

took a while to get it off but eventually came off hopefully doing the diamonds black next week

renault clio 1.2
Cheers, might look into getting 1 at some point when i need a new air filter, I've thought about dewipering the back window a few times but I think I'd regret it, looks like a nice wee car you'v got there

cheers mate, the do give a nice sound mines a pipercross gives a deep sound never had any other so cant compare to any got this one as it was recomended by a friend

Grande 1.2
Looking good mate! I like what youve done with the roof, It will look much better though when you colour code the side bumpers. Perhaps a black spoiler would look good with the roof? or a carbon bonnet!! although they are hellish expensive!!

renault clio 1.2
thanks mate gunna price up spraying the spoiler..... CF bonnet would be nice just bit too expensive lol

renault clio 1.2
Sprayd badges black looks loads better got me xenons to fit next week spoiler and wing mirrors are going black soon will upload photos as soon as I gt sum ok ones

renault clio 1.2
Litle update got rid of stupid exhaust and 17" alloys now got some 172 cup alloys on car looks loads better gunna Upload photo as soon as i can

renault clio 1.2
iv had the spoiler and wing mirrors sprayed recently n the alloys are on the car now startn 2 look better less chavy now, bein out for a random drive tonight and got a couple of nice pics to show how its looking now

20120914_223942.jpg

20120914_223949.jpg

got more stuff to do soon as well

It's coming along nicely now mate, new wheels look much better. Really like the black roof and spoiler as well :)

Only thing you need to do now is colour code the bumpers and side strips :p

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
looks really good mate not seen too many doing there roof black looks mint much prefer the wheels

renault clio 1.2
cheers n i know dan want them doin gunna price it up soon n it doesnt really show in the photo but the wheels need a good refurb but not sure waht colour to do weather to get them refurbed in silver or black or a dark grey nt sure yet

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Any more pictures with the black roof? have you got a sunroof?

Really liked the idea for a while but unsure how it would look with the sunroof. Also is it painted or wrapped?

renault clio 1.2
yea got sun roof it looks canny n nt yet will take more tomorrow and upload them and its painted mate

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
:lolup:
yea got sun roof it looks canny n nt yet will take more tomorrow and upload them and its painted mate

Lolol, so youre the bloke who put all the mods on the car? haha I have it now, still a good looking car tbh, what else did you do to it?