ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Cleee-O

Looks sick man! How much were your coilovers? thinking of lowering mine on coilies with steelies too. Looked niiiice. Also, how much of the yellow film did you get? will 12" x4" be enough for both fogs? Cheers

S23

The Cleee-O
looking good Sean

Cheers dude! Trying to keep it that way :D

Looking good matey, cant wait to see the new whimz!

I finally smashed the sump on mine lol :dapprove: 2 days before i was going to sell it!

Cheers blad, yea me too. Think I maybe heading towards a hero wheel to fit on it, but we'll see haha. Ahhh sheeet man that's no good, hopefully it'll be cheaper for you then me. Mine cost 700 moolahs :(

Looks good that mate, where did you get the tow strap from?

Cheers doooode. Umm just off eBay I tink...can't remember now though :S lol. Think I just typed in 'TRS Tow Strap' on eBay but can't remember for the life of me! Ha. Sorry man.

yeahh that was me mateyy :)

Aha! Awesome stuff man, good to hear from you again :). Yea meet on bro should be cool. Yours is looking damn fresh on the Lenso's I have to say ;)

Looks sick man! How much were your coilovers? thinking of lowering mine on coilies with steelies too. Looked niiiice. Also, how much of the yellow film did you get? will 12" x4" be enough for both fogs? Cheers

Cheers man, glad you like it! Ummm, coilies were V-Maxx's off of eBay for 400 notes. Yea man, massive fan of rocking the lows on the steelies so do it! Ummm, the Lamin-X was the smallest size I got from them IIRC...Nope! Just checked my emails, I got the 12'x8' and that worked out best mate, did both of them. Hope this helps :)

TT 225+
love the cableties on the splitter, i caught mine in a multistory the other day and cracked it :( but it doesn't really warrant cableties

still, yours looks awesome though :D

Cheers man, glad you like it! Ummm, coilies were V-Maxx's off of eBay for 400 notes. Yea man, massive fan of rocking the lows on the steelies so do it! Ummm, the Lamin-X was the smallest size I got from them IIRC...Nope! Just checked my emails, I got the 12'x8' and that worked out best mate, did both of them. Hope this helps :)

yeah i'm skint so some euro look wheels are deffo out of the question, lowered on steels will be sick haha Oh s**t, i could swear i saw some cheaper coilies out there. Maybe i'll just run lowering springs with stock dampers, keep things on the cheap cheap haha. cheers for the info on the yellow film, i might get some for my fogs before i put them in.
Thanks!

EDIT: Do you get everything need to mount the TRS tow strap with it? or do you need to buy the bolt seperate. Cheers

S23

The Cleee-O
love the cableties on the splitter, i caught mine in a multistory the other day and cracked it :( but it doesn't really warrant cableties

still, yours looks awesome though :D

Aha! Everything warrants cable ties!!! Lol. Yea that's cool man, cheers for the nice comments :).

yeah i'm skint so some euro look wheels are deffo out of the question, lowered on steels will be sick haha Oh s**t, i could swear i saw some cheaper coilies out there. Maybe i'll just run lowering springs with stock dampers, keep things on the cheap cheap haha. cheers for the info on the yellow film, i might get some for my fogs before i put them in.
Thanks!

EDIT: Do you get everything need to mount the TRS tow strap with it? or do you need to buy the bolt seperate. Cheers

You can get cheaper coilies in fairness dude. Racelands and ktec's own ones are a lot cheaper to buy then mine. Probably all the same too tbh lol. Yea it's all about the budget modding! The tow strap needed the centre to be filed out quite a lot and you need to get an M16 sized bolt for it which isn't in with the eye itself. Yea do the film before you put them in cause you need to take them out to do anyway. Would be virtually impossible to get it looking nice while they're on the car, bad enough on a chopping board in the kitchen!!! Lol :D. Hope this helps man :).

More poke than viagr
If you run this low your gonna have to rock some cable ties!! :rasp:

Crisp, its all about steelies and being low ;)

@ Sean, cheers man i'll look into some over coilovers. Might be worth saving up for some, altho i got a while as i have my driving test booked for November haha Cleaning up my fogs today, and found some bulbs on ebay which have the bulb holder included so i'll buy them and the yellow film monday. Might look at getting the tow strap too, looks pretty nice on yours.

If you run this low your gonna have to rock some cable ties!! :rasp:

Crisp, its all about steelies and being low ;)
yeah man, my mate has his mk2 gold on coilies which stock steelies painted black. Looks pretty nice, and the clio can pull of a similar look quite well.

S23

The Cleee-O
@ Sean, cheers man i'll look into some over coilovers. Might be worth saving up for some, altho i got a while as i have my driving test booked for November haha Cleaning up my fogs today, and found some bulbs on ebay which have the bulb holder included so i'll buy them and the yellow film monday. Might look at getting the tow strap too, looks pretty nice on yours.

yeah man, my mate has his mk2 gold on coilies which stock steelies painted black. Looks pretty nice, and the clio can pull of a similar look quite well.

Yea man save up for the coilies, personally don't reckon springs are worth the money as you'll only wanna go lower when you put them on :rasp:. Yea man, not seen it been done on a Clio before and I think it looks quite cool so go for it :)

mm good call, but i'm not sure how low i want to go. reckon 60mm all round would be good, as the roads round here aren't the best for low cars haha, yet 40mm looks pretty stock still. Eh, we'll see what comes up when i get some more money. Cheers Sean!

S23

The Cleee-O
mm good call, but i'm not sure how low i want to go. reckon 60mm all round would be good, as the roads round here aren't the best for low cars haha, yet 40mm looks pretty stock still. Eh, we'll see what comes up when i get some more money. Cheers Sean!

Well coilies will let you get the exact stance you want, and you can always experiment with varying amounts of lowz and see what happens! I live right in the country with some terrible roads, just learn which parts to avoid :rasp:. Yea man, wait to see what the dolla situ is in due course :). No worries man, also try and help. Oh and it's Shaun BTW ;) Aha.

More poke than viagr
What Sean said, if you get coilovers you can easily adjust them to give just enough ground clearance you need. Although you wont be able to resist winding them all the way down lol :rasp:

S23

The Cleee-O
Gotta have love for the Maplin cable ties!

<3

You dun no! Haha, they are awesome. Gotta love them a humungous amount :D

Cheers mate! When you next over Southampton way? Get a few shots of the clio's.

No worries bro. Umm, will be back early September sometime I think. Will drop you a PM on Wheel Whooooooores or something...or on here when I pay my membership again :D lol. Yea man I'd be up for that :)

What Shaun said, if you get coilovers you can easily adjust them to give just enough ground clearance you need. Although you wont be able to resist winding them all the way down lol :rasp:

Indeed that is what I meant, aha. You'll always wanna be just taking a few mm off here and there..then you'll realise that you're at the bottom of your coilies. Haha :rasp:

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
noticed you have a tow strap, i bought one aswell. did you have to modify it and make the hole bigger so you could get a bolt through?

or did you attach it another way ? i tryed to pm you but you inbox is full

pm me if you could that would be great

cheers

S23

The Cleee-O
^^ lmao, sorry shaun :eek: :rasp:

So you should be!!! Haha jk. :rasp:.

noticed you have a tow strap, i bought one aswell. did you have to modify it and make the hole bigger so you could get a bolt through?

or did you attach it another way ? i tryed to pm you but you inbox is full

pm me if you could that would be great

cheers

Hiya, yea I'm a bit skinto ATM, so I'm not a fully fledged member of CS at present which is why my inbox is full. Haha. Yea I had to file out the tow strap hole quite a lot to make it fit, the bolt needed was an M16, but that is on a PH2 and I dunno what you've got. I just sat down in the sun for the afternoon with the dog and made the tow eye hole bigger. Haha, was a fun afternoon! But it is on the standard fitting on the front of the car. Hope this helps :)

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
Hiya, yea I'm a bit skinto ATM, so I'm not a fully fledged member of CS at present which is why my inbox is full. Haha. Yea I had to file out the tow strap hole quite a lot to make it fit, the bolt needed was an M16, but that is on a PH2 and I dunno what you've got. I just sat down in the sun for the afternoon with the dog and made the tow eye hole bigger. Haha, was a fun afternoon! But it is on the standard fitting on the front of the car. Hope this helps :)

cheers mate yeah mines the same model as yours only not 5 door so would be same fitment aswell. cheers for that much appreciated

S23

The Cleee-O
cheers mate yeah mines the same model as yours only not 5 door so would be same fitment aswell. cheers for that much appreciated

Yea that's cool man, yea man exactly the same fitment. No worries mate, glad I could help :)

12. 8v clio
think you mentioned it earlier but cant find it anywhere .... where did you get the blanking plate for you rear wiper?

S23

The Cleee-O
think you mentioned it earlier but cant find it anywhere .... where did you get the blanking plate for you rear wiper?

Heya mate, ummm it's custom made by my mate Sam who used to be on here. People have sold them on here though. It's a normal rear wiper plate that's been smooooved over and painted though, that's all. Sorry I can't be more help though dude.

S23

The Cleee-O
Hello mateyy, quick question, are you running your rear adjusters? :)

Hey man, yea I still have them in, V-Maxx rear springs are too soft and bounce too much with the poke I have to take them out all together. Plus it's low enough already. Haha.

S23

The Cleee-O
Hello mateyy, quick question, are you running your rear adjusters? :)

Hey man, yea I still have them in, V-Maxx rear springs are too soft and bounce too much with the poke I have to take them out all together. Plus it's low enough already. Haha.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
where did you get those pedobear stickers? i saw one poppin out of the boot of a corsa i think it was, i want one, theyre fuckin awesome ha, i had a blue dci, i called it sonic ha

S23

The Cleee-O
where did you get those pedobear stickers? i saw one poppin out of the boot of a corsa i think it was, i want one, theyre fuckin awesome ha, i had a blue dci, i called it sonic ha

Hey dude, it's just off eBay. Just typed on 'peed bear' it's by s seller called 'brownstickers'. Hope this helps dude! Was about a year ago I got them now though. Haha. Ah yea? It's quite funny, didn't like the colour at first, wanted a silver or grey one. But I love it now :D

S23

The Cleee-O
New wheels from a mate soon hopefully. In the meantime some random pics! All done from my iPhone cause I have no interwebz. Haha.

3c77570f.jpg

7915fd0e.jpg

e00329ee.jpg

959bdada.jpg

54367dc9.jpg

3568d508.jpg

15687463.jpg

Hope you like! :)

S23

The Cleee-O
very nice :)
i liked the yellow nike sticker good plave for it :)

Cheers doooooode. Yea I needed something to replace my old DKM sticker (the groups split off :( ) and it's actually a bit of a coincidence that it fits in there. Still forget I changed it. Surprises me everytime!!! Haha. :D

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Just read all this thread, don't usually like euro styled cars but looking at yours makes me want to go down that route with mine :).

Any more updates?

S23

The Cleee-O
Just read all this thread, don't usually like euro styled cars but looking at yours makes me want to go down that route with mine :).

Any more updates?

Awesome! That makes me feel good. lol. Thanks mate, means a lot :). Nah there isn't any at the minute. Still in limbo on the new whimmmzzz front but hopefully someway nearer...again Aha

that nike stickers should say Bike ;) you slagggg

Nah man, I traded two wheels for four years ago you dirty slut! ;)

did i see you on the ring road in bristol last sat? swear i passed a car very similiar....

That wasn't me mate :S. There's another like mine?! Devo-ed :( lolz

Clio 200 cup
^^ I hate it when you hear that! Although 95% of the time its a hump of turd soo I bett your all good! :)