ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My car

RB197
A lot of things are going to be changed. Turini wheels in a couple of weeks with some Cooksport/Ebaich lowering springs. Give me some of your own suggestions on what I could do! Thanks

3uremugy.jpg

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
A good friend of mine recommended the skoda fabia front split. Where'd you get your 3/4 front plate? I think it looks smart

The fabia splitter cost me like 15 quid of ebay genuine too and plate u get from fancyplates theres a thread on here that tells you the size u need ect I cant remember what it was just search it up mate :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Don't get rid of the current splitter! It looks like a genuine Renault one which are £130!! Fabia ones are good if the car doesn't have a splitter but not as nice as your current one imo.

RB197
I don't have a clue I brought it exactly how it is besides the black bullets, that upper grill looks silly. It's annoying the only way I can take the upper grill off is drilling it, that means leaving holes. So I'll be buying another one in a couple of week!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Get some g4 teqnique on it. It's only a little bottle for around £25 but it goes far and will do all your plastics back to black with great results. Have a search mate and see some before and after pics. Well worth it.

Carbon ones look great but they get heavily stone chipped and need relaquering every now and again. I'm going off my experience and I had 2 on my 182 at £130 each lol

Last edited:
THANK GOD you're getting rid of those wheels. Have you considered burning them or are you planning to sell them on? :p

Upper & lower grill just looks like very thin mesh, I'd be amazed if it attached particularly permanently. Anyway if you do happen to need a lower grill I've got one you can have for £15 (collected?) and I'm in the same county as you!

You say you're changing a lot, are you going for a really clean look or are you thinking track day mods?

RB197
Dr Jekyll thanks mate I'll have a look at that! I'll probably end up getting a carbon one mid next year lol, they look great.
Steven103 ha, they'll be going in the shed for a good while mate. PM me where you're located.

I'm going for a clean look mate.

RB197
jjames I've emailed them about 6 times asking if they know when they're getting them in and haven't got one reply. I think I'll go for the eibach sportlines anyway

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
You can get eibach prolines that come in black. They only drop the car approx 15mm whereas the eibach sportlines are approx 30mm.

I can't comment on the prolines but I've had both cooksports and sportlines as sportlines are more comfier.

RB197
So this morning I decided to take the 'Renault Sport' badge off my car. Looks so much better in my opinion.
Used an old bank card, (couldn't use hair dryer because everyone was in bed) warm water worked well.

First picture, the sticky stuff was still on the car, so added a little more warm water and started scrapping with the card lightly. Then washed the dirt off, dried the water off, then polished away :)

enage6uj.jpg

ujudanab.jpg

y2ubudyq.jpg

ujyvamy7.jpg

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I like the yellow fogs and Id get the new RS badge for the back.. Whats the inside like?

RB197
Kangoosport I wanna get the front sorted out and a respray, a lot of stone chips, dent in the bonnet and a couple of marks. And the rear bumper has a nasty mark on the corner, and a dent.

RB197
Woke up early and decided to give the engine bay a clean!
hy5ademu.jpg

eruryqu2.jpg

a9edysat.jpg

This is what I meant about having to drill the cover off that was covering the upper grill.
8aquhemu.jpg

e5agutuq.jpg

3egezudy.jpg

azavyqy7.jpg

Looks a lot better I reckon! Ordering the new 3/4 plate and speedline Turini wheels tomorrow! Looking forward to it

RB197
A few more changes, amazing how the speedline Turini wheels make so much difference! 3/4 plate, silvervisions and the RS rear badge. With the Cooksport lowering springs delivered, should be fitted next week!
Still only half way there, but here's how it's looking now

mazate5u.jpg

u6e6ysag.jpg

9u3arune.jpg

pegadavy.jpg

a2a6egur.jpg

4a8u7ety.jpg

uqy2a2a5.jpg

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Looking nice- although all that money spent & ditch finders fitted...

S

PH2 Flamer
He will be getting Conti's in January Steve. Already mentioned he should change them at some point.

Let me know when you want the cooksports fitted Jake. Might be worth while you contacting Adam from Renault Wolverhampton in the traders section, and get prices for new top mounts and shocks all round.