ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My brothers 172 Replica

Yozza'd Titanium 182
My brothers got a 1.2 16v Dynamique and we decided to make a replica.
When he bought it, it was completley standard except for the door handles and bumpstrips were colour coded.

IMG_0754.jpg

So we collected together the full Full RS bodykit... filled in any scuffs or holes and sanded down with wet and dry

IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_8503.jpg

And got it professionally sprayed, resulting in a perfect colour match.

PhilsClioSportReplica001.jpg

So we striped down the car and started to add the parts

PhilsClioSportReplica023.jpg

PhilsClioSportReplica024.jpg

PhilsClioSportReplica016.jpg

PhilsClioSportReplica033.jpg

PhilsClioSportReplica017.jpg

IMG_0854.jpg

PhilsClioSportReplica027.jpg

Sorry the pictures arnt amazing, will get some more up when the weathers nice again.

Next to follow...

Lowering springs
172 Alloys
Passenger fog light surround
Splitter
Renault sport door sills
inner wheel arches

Any other suggestions welcome... more to come

Last edited:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
looks really good, the haters will say their piece about the door badges, however its a replica so....

rather than lowering springs id go for 182 hubs and dampers, then you can use either 182 springs or 2nd hand sportlines for similar money! and atleast it will handle and you can use 172/182 brakes!

Yozza'd Titanium 182
looks really good, the haters will say their piece about the door badges, however its a replica so....

rather than lowering springs id go for 182 hubs and dampers, then you can use either 182 springs or 2nd hand sportlines for similar money! and atleast it will handle and you can use 172/182 brakes!

thanks mate, i know well i have a 182 myself, my brothers only 17 and were both happy with it!

Would of loved a car like this when I was 17! I had a 1987 MK2 Golf CL and tryed to make it look like a GTI . . . . it looked sh*t lol! Good job

CLS, RS MEG
I loved my replica, until a nissan sunny had me at the lights. Then it got wrote off and a 172 took its place :) Good work

Fiesta ST-3
looks like the 2.0 16v bullets.

Wouldn't have put them on... other than that it looks good!! Forget lowering springs... treat the ol' girl to some coilovers