ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Avus Silver 3.2 V6 TT

Love the colour mate, always have.

Superb cars these, I don't get the hate for them. The GF's dad had one which we used to borrow, loved driving it about!

Although that was convertible :eek:

Oh and what on earth is the "Flapper mod" ?!?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
imagejpeg

Little actuator closes for noise level at low revs. The flapper mod keeps it open. See the video. ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Video is on the first page guys. Working fine for me.

Convertible sucks. I love coupes. Much cooler oh and I have a 4 year old fashion accessory. She wouldn't like the boot.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Gally really like it mate nice buy will need to pop up to see it in person. Have to say not a fan of the wheels though. Loving the sound :D

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Gaz, I understand the hate for the wheels. I'd probably go for some BBS ones if they came up. It's the only ones i'd swap to.

"Aftermarket" wheels really aren't me these days.

Looks lovely mate. Good purchase.

I hate the MK1 RS4 alloys!!! QS wheels all day long. Even though I do love the chunkyness of the standard V6 ones.

I would say. Get some H&R spacers on the back. 25mm. I had them on mine. Makes a huge difference to the stance of the car. Makes it look a lot meaner from behind.

Maybe the QS arch lip on the rears too, although it is pretty expensive.

Then look into clear or smoked lenses for the front lights.

Other than that the car and engine are pretty much perfect in my opinion! Enjoy

View attachment 81903

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Are those QS lips like tiny little mud guards that sit on the bumper? They can't be too dear surely! I wanted a set of them aswell! Shall price them up!

Spacers are needed with springs. I'm still undecided. It rides so well just now. Stable, flat yet complient over rough terrain, the whole reason the Frp went was because the roads are utterly shocking!

Yeah. Just found my old post actually haha: http://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=187265

Here's the 'spat' http://www.thettshop.co.uk/oem.asp?cat=2006&product=711503

I never touched the suspension on mine. The splitter was scraping my driveway as it was already. I would definitely recommend H&R spacers.

Get your splitter from: http://www.awesomegti.com/lcr-front-splitter

It's effectively the same but cheaper than other places. It's what everyone will recommend. You do need to cut about an inch off each end though.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Loving that Gally! Really like the colour and it sounds great. I'm a bit unsure of the wheels, some BBS cross-spokes would finish that off lovely.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah. Just found my old post actually haha: http://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=187265

Here's the 'spat' http://www.thettshop.co.uk/oem.asp?cat=2006&product=711503

I never touched the suspension on mine. The splitter was scraping my driveway as it was already. I would definitely recommend H&R spacers.

Get your splitter from: http://www.awesomegti.com/lcr-front-splitter

It's effectively the same but cheaper than other places. It's what everyone will recommend. You do need to cut about an inch off each end though.

Thanks Martin, splitter is already here. I'm a bodyshop assessor so I don't pay full price for anything car related! :eek:

I'll have a read at yours posts. :)

Loving that Gally! Really like the colour and it sounds great. I'm a bit unsure of the wheels, some BBS cross-spokes would finish that off lovely.

Thanks Vish, means a lot. I love the colour. It's so understated, kind like the car should be. I simply love the interior, every part is just put together perfectly.

Someone with BBS ones might want a swap!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's now in Austria mate. Sold it for about 6k all in.

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v

This is our one, has the BBS upgrades which I think look just right!

56a536d9-85d6-c6af.jpg
56a536d9-85ed-57a3.jpg
56a536d9-8608-410d.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Agreed. I'll try and find an Avus with the BBS wheels to see. Needs Eibachs, £160 ain't bad. No other spring set works with the V6 anyway.

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
Dolomite Grey?

Yep, also got a nimbus grey 225 with the baseball trim, it's had a 268bhp remap and has the RS4 alloys, V6 sounds far better, and much smoother power delivery but the 225 is pretty potent but it needs to be revved which is annoying for a turbocharged car, especially post remap but then you tend to forget its only a 1.8!!

Titanium 182
It's now in Austria mate. Sold it for about 6k all in.

Someone has a nice car then!

I am very much like this new hairdressers accessories you have purchased, did you always want to style and cut hair?

On a negative note – Have the chain checked out buddy – My best mates R32 has just gone on his 50k golf and one of lads a few doors down from me his 3.2 A3 has gone at 30k.

Sounds an expensive fix!

Surprised you didn’t go for red leather – its proper P.I.M.P

RS Megane DCi 175
Just seen this thread Gally - nice choice, lovely looking & sounding motor mate!
If it was me, the BBS would be next on the list!

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
To be honest Gally I much prefer your wheels to the bbs ones. Just to hhelp you haha!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Thanks Vish, means a lot. I love the colour. It's so understated, kind like the car should be. I simply love the interior, every part is just put together perfectly.

Someone with BBS ones might want a swap!

The interior is great, a mate had one and it's a really nice place to sit. I agree on the colour, very sophisticated and understated.

Been looking at these lately. Some nice ones around for decent prices but it would take a lot to tempt me away from
BMW at the moment.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Just seen this thread Gally - nice choice, lovely looking & sounding motor mate!
If it was me, the BBS would be next on the list!

Thanks Matt, hope things are well! BBS will be a thought. I'll do some digging!

The interior is great, a mate had one and it's a really nice place to sit. I agree on the colour, very sophisticated and understated.

Been looking at these lately. Some nice ones around for decent prices but it would take a lot to tempt me away from
BMW at the moment.

You do have a nice BM! You do many miles. The 225 just leaves me a little cold.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Standard?

Those S-line things that people put on everything Vag? Behave man! Every set look like reps now! No danger. Same goes for the RS4 style!

I'd rather have steelies at least it would look rat. I ignored half the TT's on AT and PH because they didn't have proper V6 wheels. You can't be seen to have the same wheels as a 225 ffs! :eek:

Someone had a nice Silver TT on S8 wheels on here. Suited the car. More show than go though.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
You do have a nice BM! You do many miles. The 225 just leaves me a little cold.

Thanks mate. It needs a damn thorough clean and a dressing up and it'll hide all the miles nicely. I only do around 6k miles.

Part of me wouldn't mind buying a cheap 225 for a bit, but can't help feeling I would be left unexcited. The 330 always puts a smile on my face.

Bought it from a right c*nt though iirc.

+1. Fortunately he researches his cars and it was one I was previously interested in lol

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the 225 just left me a little cold mate the V6 feels much nicer. Just the sound alone is worth it especially the speeds I pootle around at!

My Brother in Law just sold his Black 330 not so long ago. Such an awesome car.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks CJ. I'm thoroughly enjoying the ballerness of it. Gearbox is superb and the noise makes the car. All that for the price of a set of Tamora pistons... ;)

Oh Hi... Leon splitter works. This was G-star's one..

7728267120_41c3c54eb4_z.jpg