ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Arctic gets the 2118 treatment...

RS172 Flamer
Looks good, i've always woundered how people find these wheels when racing compared the standard 182's? Do you find they spin up alot easier?

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I obviously can't comment on track yet, but I can't say I've noticed any difference on the road. The new tyres are still abit slippy, but it feels everybit as chuckable as it did on the 16s, probably more so. But I expected that. It's also nice to have full lock back lol.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I've always liked them tbh but they lettering is starting to come away now so I'll probably be taking them off soon.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Went out with a mate a couple of nights back to get some shots of his new A3. Just thought I'd add this one in here as I thought mine looked awesome :eek:

7094004191_1ef8437177_z.jpg

2118s 026 by Arctic_182, on Flickr

Still undecided on Silver or Black for the calipers. Swaying toward silver. Hoping to get that done at the weekend.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I did think that. Silver it is. Going to crack on with them on saturday weather depending as I can't get into our warehouse this weekend :mad:

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers dude.

I've aslo found out that 2118s are the worst alloys ever to keep clean.

350z, Subaru Legacy
Haha true, I have had worse tbh though. In anthracite they look really nice clean - when they sparkle, but very quickly get dirty and dull.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Haha true, I have had worse tbh though. In anthracite they look really nice clean - when they sparkle, but very quickly get dirty and dull.
Literally after a 10 mile drive they look crap again. Desperately need to get them sealed up proper as there's no way im keep cleaning the f*ckers.

And cheers Matt!

350z, Subaru Legacy
Yeah they do definitely shine longer when sealed. Kerbed my N/S front the other day, so gutted. It's not MAJOR-major but I haven't kerbed an alloy for years!! I need to find a decent refurb place in Essex... :dapprove:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Tony at spraymasters will do it and he's in witham too. Drop Ian (nightrider renault) a pm as he knows him very well :)

I got my old 182 wheels done at custom exotics in Harlow and they did a great job.