ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My '93 Civic EG

Go cry to your momma!
Got this little fella around a month ago, off an old chap that's given up driving.

54k 1.6 auto with air con, prinstripes, gash OEM window and sunroof wind deflectors and gash wheels but still very tidy for an old civic.

Plan is to put a B18C4 (170bhp) into it, with a DC2 gearbox, 282mm brakes, lower it, JDM it and get any body work sorting that needs it.

So far, I've taken out the 1.6 and sold it. I have a deposit down on the donor car, a lovely 1.8 civic aerodeck, just need to go and pick it up now.

All of my pic's are awful, sorry about that. I just snap them when I get chance (not getting oil on the iPhone 4 ;))

The only thing I'm struggling with, is wheels..
It'll have 4x114.3 hubs after the brake conversion and I want 15's, the only wheel I fancy in that fitment is Gaz sports but please throw some other ideas my way.

I need to resize my other pic's before I upload them...

32 +0000-8.jpg

Attachments

• 32 +0000-9.jpg
    32 +0000-9.jpg
    511 KB · Views: 88
  Charged Superleggera
looks like a good project mot. The b18c4 with an s80 gearbox is a good choice aswell. Also for the wheels do you mean GAB sports? if so then good choice but i think a set of sprint hart CR-R's always look good on eg's.

Go cry to your momma!
I think t he H22 has serious ground clearance problems in the EG, the B18C4 is OBD1, the wiring is a piece of cake :)

I'm going from auto to manual too, so the donor car is supplying all the bits for that, although eventually it'll have an S80 box, ITR gear linkages and a fidanza flywheel.

I'm not trying to achieve mad N/A power, the C4 is prime for a blower (well, the best of the B18s) so I may well go down that route at the end of the year.

Totally agree that regas are the equivalent of turinis, they are one of the few wheels that come in 4x114 though..
Sprint Hart's don't look as good on the EG as the do on the EK, plus a mate has them so I have to rule them out. Any other suggestions?

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
my mates big into these but he always fits the b16 engine as they are more peaky than the lower comp b18 range.
il keep an eye on this as these are growing on me ...

Go cry to your momma!
Joined the club have ya'!?

Sweet mate, I'll see you on the Orboring soon I bet! :D

Yeah, you can't ignore how much fun they are for the money. Once it's done, I may well be joining you on some track days :)

my mates big into these but he always fits the b16 engine as they are more peaky than the lower comp b18 range.
il keep an eye on this as these are growing on me ...

Yeah, there's not much between the B16A2 and the 18C4 out of the box, if you high comp the B18, it's different story though. Lot's more tunable.

Go cry to your momma!
Thought I'd update the thread a little.

The EG sat high with no engine for a while:
eg no engine.jpg

I'd finally got the Aerodeck picked up and delivered (£70 for a 75mile trip, not too bad)
Got the engine out the weekend following it's arrival..
c4.jpg
donor.jpg

About 3 weeks later, after waiting for my new intake manifold, we dropped the C4 into the EG. I'd had to change the gearbox mount over which was a chore - required cutting / welding / grinding and so on but it's bolted up nicely now.
c4 in eg.jpg

Got some braided lines ready for the hub swap - need to make sure all of the calipers off the aerodeck are in good working order yet though.
hel.jpg

The blox intake before I fitted it - very happy with the quality of it for what I paid.
blox.jpg

And one last pic, of my new torque mounts. A lot of people neglect these and the oem items are useless.
They introduce loads of cabin shake but the engine is solidly held now.
torque mounts.jpg

I've also ordered some polly rear trailing arm bushes, ITR rear ARB, got my ITR shift linkages in and polly bushed.
It's coming on well now :)

Tomorrow, I pick up a kakimoto exhaust for it.
I'll pop some pic's up.

Time to start tidying the engine up and painting the rocker.

Go cry to your momma!
That looks great.

You going to keep it standard and shock a few people...

Yeah, for a while I think I'll keep it stock, including the small spoiler. The only thing that won't look OEM is the wheels off the aerodeck..
I have amber corners, 50/50 rear lights, JDM tailgate and a duckbill to go on but I'm in no rush.

How easy isit to do this conversion?

Very mate, provided you buy an EG that's already manual and it's an ESI or VTI - the wiring is the same. All the other EGs need the interior loom changing, which still isn't a big job.
I wanted a low miler, so got an auto off an old chap. I wouldn't advise it unless you're buying a donor car.

Charged Superleggera
Coming along well mate. Also glad your going with an s80 rather than sticking with the mb6 ratio's as they are rather long for an na b18.

Go cry to your momma!
Coming along well mate. Also glad your going with an s80 rather than sticking with the mb6 ratio's as they are rather long for an na b18.

I'd go for the S4C too, even though they're slightly weaker..it's not like I'm running any torque through it haha.

Picked my kakimoto up on saturday, it's safe to say I won't be fitting it to the car. See below evidence.

I didn't realise it was so big :(

82fa3199.jpg

photo1-2.jpg

photo4-2.jpg

Go cry to your momma!
I've done plenty but mostly renewing bushes for energy items.

Picked up some new wheels at the weekend, they're exactly what I was after. Sprint SW96 with T1R's :)

edf35a44.jpg

88750313.jpg

Not fitting those 'till it's on the road though.

Also fitted my 4-1 2.5" manifold.

48feeaeb.jpg

Go cry to your momma!
After trying a twin loop on the car and deciding I don't like it, I swapped it with a civiclife member for an N1 as it was too loud for him.
I can't get over how light the N1 is compared to the other systems I've tried. It's a nice fit, but not quite as nice as the twin loop..

Twinloop cleaned and fitted..
6accb6da.jpg

760ea9d0.jpg

N1 cleaned and fitted - much happier with the tailpipe.
d632b93c.jpg

9b9c4bce.jpg

Go cry to your momma!
Great choice of box. Kakimotos are dogsh*t.

It seemed decent quality but I had no idea that it was going to be a 10" exit from the pic's. That HAD to go haha.
The twin loops was excellent quality and a great fit but I just wasn't sold on the tailpipe. 100% happy with the spoon though :)

Great project!

Cheers dude :)

I have meister R's (coilovers) being delivered tomorrow, a lower subframe brace for the rear so that I can fit an ITR ARB and I've got to make a rear brake line up as it snapped when I was fitting my braided lines.
Should be on the road in a couple of weeks :)

Also have a nardi wheel but I'm not sure which boss to go for, a spurious ebay item or a momo with PCD adapter..

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Excellent read. :)

I missed this thread initially - great to see bits being hybridised from different Hondas. They do have an appeal - subtle and very effective!

D.

Go cry to your momma!
It's finally on the road. Time to start saving for a blower and bodywork.
Ghetto rolled my rear arches to clear the rear wheels.

903a9a68.jpg

Even been and had the front and rear camber and toe set up

dfaaa72e.jpg

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Saw one of these the other day, being driven by an asian gentleman.

He was leant so far back he was looking through the rear side windows, and it made an awful racket on vtec......... went nowhere though

Go cry to your momma!
Cheers guys :) I'm pretty happy with the outcome myself. Still not sure on the sunroof wind deflector though..
The duckbill will be colour coded, I'm not a fan of carbon if I'm honest.

Cookson, sounds like you were in Birmingham? There's loads of death trap civics over there.

AliB, thanks! They look much better than the stock clear(ish) units, I'll JDM the rear lights at some point to match.