ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 Cup... FOUND!!!!!

clio 200 F4Rt
good stuff!

i knew it wouldnt have gone far! Thieves in and around Bognor aint the brightest!

Check the MPG read out to see how spiritedly its been driven... if u dare!

Will it go down on the cars history as stolen and recovered now??

a renault
The control centre called;

"Do you have a spare set of keys?"
"Yes...you've found it?"
"Yes Mr B"
"Is it in a bad way?"
"The keys will greatly assist with the recovery"

That was it.

Knock at the door, in comes a nice man.

"Yours was the 4th one in the last few days, so we've been giving it full attention. The pictures you emailed were circulated and I myself have been driving around all day looking for it. It was spotted being driven 'badly' on a local estate at 1300. Officers are with it now, as the crow flies, 1/3 mile away. We knew it was a "cherished" car so instead of lifting it will use the keys."
"How is it?"
"Seems fine. Looks like it will drive with no problem. There's a few scratches around the front bumper and wing though."
"Oh, no worries, I did that."

Result :D

Thanks to anyone and everyone for spreading the word.

Get the thing valeted! You dont know what dirty f**king scum chavs have been in it!

f**king fantastic news, really pleased for you. I was driving for 45 minutes today and without thinking about it noticed how I was keeping my eyes peeled just incase.

Number plates still on it?

I don't think the stolen/recovered thing would matter too much with this Cup, I can't see him selling it :)

Volvo S60 T5
Thats great news, glad its all ok. Would have missed working on that looked after it for a very long time.

Dave said it was the yellow cable ties that lead the way to finding it. :)

How about that mystery trick that you can PM me for and lots of people probably already know but I'm not going to post?

(;) @ fred below lol)

M

mini-valver

I'm genuinely happy for you fella! Get the lottery on!

As said though, I'd change the locks just to be safe. Or for cheapness put a battery kill switch under the dash somewhere!

www.renparts.co.uk
great news, btw it won't be recorded as stolen and recovered on the hpi, only happens if they pay out then find it.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
If changing the locks and new keys costs less than £250 I won't be claiming. I might not even if it's up to £300 or £400.

Probably not worth it being recorded against me for future premiums.

I know of one way to do it, but any detailed guides as to how I can best immobilise it when I get it back are welcome.

titanic killer
Only just reat the first thread,im well happy youve managed to get it back,great stuff mark

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
Great news, glad you have it back. Funnily enough i was thinking of the best way to secure your car and remvoe battery and steering wheel were the first two to pop into my head. Could always get a wheel clamp which would deter them in the first place.

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
How about that mystery trick that you can PM me for and lots of people probably already know but I'm not going to post?

What does the mistery trick do exactly? Disable the car?

Or does it magically make your gf/wife look beautiful?

-Disconnect the fuel pump.
-Cheap car cover
-Wheel clamp or stick it on axle stands
-Have the coilpack out,
-Block it in with another vehicle when you can.

Mini Cooper S sport
That's fantastic news Mark, really happy for you! Hope they managed to get some evidence and can find the fcukers who took it. Glad it's none the worse for wear either - the cheek of it as well, less than a mile away!!

Just take the battery out every night! Oh, I was going to say disconnect the fuel pump as well..

H86

black 172
was reading original post early and my blood was f**kin boiling! little pikey b*****ds!!

anyway very pleased to hear you have it back!!! :) :)