ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 Cup... FOUND!!!!!

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Excellent news! I assume as the Police spotted it being driven 'badly', that they caught the theiving scum. I hope so anyway. Hopefully you will get your other stuff back too. Sooo glad it is in one piece and apparently unharmed.

A BIG well done to the Police who were well and truely on the ball!

Result! :D

Iceberg 172
Excellent news! I assume as the Police spotted it being driven 'badly', that they caught the theiving scum. I hope so anyway.

Since they need the SPARE keys, I'm assuming they don't have the originals and thus that the scum actually fled the scene. Although why they'd bother taking the keys with them is a mystery.......

Iceberg 172
so they can come back and get it again? maybe need to get the locks cnahged

I would've thought that if the police catch you driving a stolen car, you just leg it there and then, you don't start thinking about nicking it again in the future....!

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Excellent news! I assume as the Police spotted it being driven 'badly', that they caught the theiving scum. I hope so anyway.

Since they need the SPARE keys, I'm assuming they don't have the originals and thus that the scum actually fled the scene. Although why they'd bother taking the keys with them is a mystery.......

Good point, unless the f*****s lobbed the keys whilst trying to get away. Maybe IF they got away and kept the keys they intend to try again? Bloody stupid if the do mind you. If I was Mark I would get a new set of locks fitted to it now, just in case.

Good point, unless the f**kers lobbed the keys whilst trying to get away. Maybe IF they got away and kept the keys they intend to try again? Bloody stupid if the do mind you. If I was Mark I would get a new set of locks fitted to it now, just in case.

I wouldn't bother changing the locks on it, keep them the same. I would prefer just to wedge a machete under the drivers seat pointing upwards and wait for the little f*****s to come back. Might make abit of a mess of the seat though.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Superb news Mark :D

Hopefully they've got the scumbags, although i expect they'll just get a slap on the wrist anyway.

Look forward to seeing it back out on track next year where it belongs :D

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
No word on who took it.

It was in a residential parking area behind a kiddies play area. No one around.

Because it's part of a house break-in it should get dusted and crawled over for fibres within 24 hours but he said I should allow 3 days.

Back for the weekend and a good kicking :D

I've got to give a demo drive to a new associate on Saturday morning in it first though, I best go easy on him though as he's 75.

:evil:

Cooper S
Awesome news Mark! Glad they've found it!

Hope it is all in one piece and that you get your other bits back mate!

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Good point, unless the f**kers lobbed the keys whilst trying to get away. Maybe IF they got away and kept the keys they intend to try again? Bloody stupid if the do mind you. If I was Mark I would get a new set of locks fitted to it now, just in case.

I wouldn't bother changing the locks on it, keep them the same. I would prefer just to wedge a machete under the drivers seat pointing upwards and wait for the little f**kers to come back. Might make abit of a mess of the seat though.

Nice touch, but as you say as little messy. Sod having to clean up after the little f*****s! I think if I found out who they were, I would bide my time until they had fogotten all about it, then I would send someone to teach them a lesson they would NEVER forget! ;)

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Nice one, a whole load of weight off ur shoulder feeling i reckon u've got.

Great buzz

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique+
Well F*ck me sideways.. the police did somethin useful! I'm absolutely chuffed 4 u mate, tbh i didnt think u'd see it 4 dust. Thats wicked.. i'm actually grinning!!! :D

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
No word on who took it.

It was in a residential parking area behind a kiddies play area. No one around.

Because it's part of a house break-in it should get dusted and crawled over for fibres within 24 hours but he said I should allow 3 days.

Back for the weekend and a good kicking :D

I've got to give a demo drive to a new associate on Saturday morning in it first though, I best go easy on him though as he's 75.

haha! :cool:

as i said before Mark, great news!

LOL

I guess it can't be worse ride-quality and noise-wise than some old thing he used to drive 50 years ago, but it's probably quite a bit quicker ;)

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Get the locks changed now though. Those other keys are only half a mile away.

Agreed, and if they haven't been caught and have taken the key with them, maybe they intended to come back and collect it at a later date, maybe hoping it wouldn't be found by the time they needed it. I would definitely change the locks as some fucker has the other one.

M140i
WOOHOO means u can come to the donut meet now on the 24th lol

Glad for you mate, tis a spot on car :)

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
park the car as far away form your area as you, ideally in a garage or under a car cover until you change all the locks.

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
Wooo etc! :D Now begins the search for the little bar stool/s who took it. First one back with his love truncheon on a plate is the winner?

172 Race Car
Great news Mark,

as said id be changing the locks and getting the keys recoded (or whatever it is that needs doing) Might be worth getting mike to fit some kind of hidden switch next time its in there.

Should be ok now for the Airfeild and rolling road meets........

visualize whirled pe
Good news, it's survived.
I never knew that the cup was such a desirable car for scumbags to pinch. Did they break into your house specificly for the keys to your car do you think?
I hope it's all ok now after it's itallian tune up.