ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 1.2 isn't as slow as i thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  MCS R56
That's bang on, 1.2s rock, you can drive the wheels off them everywhere you go.

With a long enough 5th gear they can nudge 150mph as well.

This may be true but you can't tell me that 90% of 1.2 owners who see a Sport going past don't want to be in the Sport.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
This stuff makes me laugh!!
My old 1.2 16v was awesome, i loved it to bits! But it was dog slow!

All my mates thought it was quicker than theirs, because my speedo was 10mph out at 60mph on the speedo, was only doing 51mph! (standard wheels and tyres) so they all thought it was rapid!

MCS R56
My 1.2 was nippy too.

Some very arrogant people on here, some need to remove their heads from their asses.

If the lad enjoys his car thats all that matters.

Define nippy.

I know what you mean but it's the same with any car that people own...they think it's quicker than it is.

Not slagging the car in any way but 10.9 secs to 60 is rubbish.

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
^^agree fully, i got a friends who had a 1.2 clio and on meets she would trash everyone in. most meets she would be the only 1.2 and hold her own against all the 1*2.

Andi drove his GF 1.4 Mk3 Clio on a North Yorkshire run a few weekends ago and was easily keeping up with 182, 197 and 225 Meg if not faster at times, a good driver will also make any car go

^
True!!

I drive a 1.2 8v, but I have driven a 1.8t Leon Cupra (180bhp iirc), and maybe it's just me, but it didn't feel considerbly faster than my car. :S
And I know they're much torquier than clio sports.

I know it would rape my car, it pulled in 3rd from any speed like nothing I've been in!

But when foot to the floor, just didn't feel any different to flooring my 1.2

And this was thrashing it on country farm roads..

Nothing at the mo :(
^^agree fully, i got a friends who had a 1.2 clio and on meets she would trash everyone in. most meets she would be the only 1.2 and hold her own against all the 1*2.

Andi drove his GF 1.4 Mk3 Clio on a North Yorkshire run a few weekends ago and was easily keeping up with 182, 197 and 225 Meg if not faster at times, a good driver will also make any car go

hmmm, i cant say 1.2 has ever been able to get even close to my 182!!

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
My 1.2 is laughably slow.

Wasn't trying but got a good start against an Astra 1.9 TDCI and he must have felt threatened by this and proceeded to gain on me like a cheetah against a sheep. Put the foot down when I realised he was booting it and thought I'd put it in reverse by mistake.

Albi Blue RS 200
My 1.2 is laughably slow.

Wasn't trying but got a good start against an Astra 1.9 TDCI and he must have felt threatened by this and proceeded to gain on me like a cheetah against a sheep. Put the foot down when I realised he was booting it and thought I'd put it in reverse by mistake.

lololololololololol. A 1.2 owner with sense of reality, well done sir.

Albi Blue RS 200
I'd imagine it's as fun as a kick in the b****cks, but I guess you can rag the tits off it without a second thought for breaking it.

MCS R56

That's all very well, provided you don't think the 1.4 is as capable as the 182, 197 and 225, in anyway performance wise. Put 'Andi' in the sports and see what happens.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
1.2's are very slow, I've got one.

But lol at all the 1*2 owners thinking they are driving round in rocket ships.

Albi 197
Lol good thread :p

My 1.2 will easily keep up with my dad's astra 1.7 dti.. and thats with my mum driving the clio :)

1992 Mini City
Are you calling me a liar??!!?!?!?!11?

Because if so....then you'd be right, just not in this instance.

immaculate clio 172
I've never really "raced" anything as it's not my thing, but on the go, overtaking for example, a 172 can struggle to keep up with many diesels!! Even those standard 130 golfs.

0-60 isn't a diesels strong point due to low revs and gearing, but on the go many will show a 172 it's ass. Diesel is the way forward. Having to rev the nuts off a car is tedious lol.
i see you drive a 306 diesel lol at you mate

Evo 8 MR
I've driven a 1.2 and it was no fun whatsoever. In fact it made me not want to drive anywhere.

lol @ 0-60 timing on a stopwatch.

Toyota MR2
haha love this tread :) I didn't even time the car LOL!!! in fact i never even went to the industrial estate, just wanted to see how stuck up 1*2 owners can be :) the car would be lucky todo it in 12 seconds let alone 10.9 haha. 1.2 FTW on fun value. Engine reving like f**k Taking courners Flat out no need for brakes It totally rules :)

Static Low
My 1.2 is a fun little car.
Especially with the coilovers, just hammer it into bends n stuff. Good to play with in town.

1992 Mini City
Yeah, the difference between a 1.2 and a 1.4 is practically nothing, at least it felt no different.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I loved my 1.2...for the first month I had it. Hated it for the next 2 years and 7 months.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
It's not fast, and it isn't really that fun to drive. Although, with first car choices limited by insurance premiums, what else can you get?

I don't mind it, everybody has to start somewhere.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
My other half has a 1.2, it's fun up to 30-40 but then it just runs out of proper puff.

haha love this tread :) I didn't even time the car LOL!!! in fact i never even went to the industrial estate, just wanted to see how stuck up 1*2 owners can be :) the car would be lucky todo it in 12 seconds let alone 10.9 haha. 1.2 FTW on fun value. Engine reving like f**k Taking courners Flat out no need for brakes It totally rules :)

Thread is toss, bye bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.