ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MW2 vs BC2

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

VS

Battlefield: Bad Comanpy 2

am very tempted to trade in my mw2 for bc2, ive heard my local game are doing bad company 2 for £10 if you chop in modern warfare.

is badcompany 2 worth hanging up my COD for??

please disguss!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
MW2.

BF2 is like playing MW2 through an emulator, running on a Sega Saturn.

And it's glitchy.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
MW2 had so many glitches, not having dedicated servers for multiplayer also sucked,
and there was far too much lag between players,

BF2s got fully editable scenery which sounds rather fun!

thats just my take on the situation.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL. I'm kidding.

BF2 is pretty good, I like the maps and deformable sh*t. But it looks a bit poo and it's clunky compared to MW2.

Nothing at the mo :(
lol i like MW2 too. .only play it online.. online really f***s me up sometimes and annoys the shiz out of me.. can only play 3-4 games a time then i gotta come of with anger from camping noob tubers lol

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
lol i like MW2 too. .only play it online.. online really f**ks me up sometimes and annoys the shiz out of me.. can only play 3-4 games a time then i gotta come of with anger from camping noob tubers lol

haha likewise,

if i play for more than an 15 minutes, i have to take a break, winds you up so much on occasions, hence why im thinking of moving to something new.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, but if you're used to it, you know where to go to avoid 'em.

Then it's sooooo good to headshot a camper.

Nothing at the mo :(
f**king hate campers.. i just run around and own with my P90.. near unlimited ammo FTW!!! marathon and commando ownage lol

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
BF2 for me. Love it at the moment and 4 of my hardcore MW2 chums have been converted fully, too.

:cool:

DCi
i think both games can sit side by side in any gamers collection without a problem tbh.

BF2 is new so there is a buzz about it but give it a few months and im sure some people will slide back to MW2

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
They're both so different that I'd take both.

Buuuut BF2 will give you more for your money imo. So much more to it.

Bumder With A Buffer
Hmmm tough one, I got BF2 last night and love it but it's very limited on maps so far. Having said that the maps are awesomely huuuuggge!

Like the games where u have to plant/defend the bombs on the 2 bases (rush??). Although there is a lot of knobbers on BF2!! Played a game earlier and all people were doing were getting in the choppers etc and not planting the bombs :( Love that u can blow fences/trees up too.

I think MW2 has the edge slightly though

Never above 25mpg
Battlefield is very refreshing in comparison to Call of Duty.

I wouldnt trade it in but I would buy it aswell as. (Mainly because the servers for BF2 are complete shite atm)

Fabia VRS
Playing both games they both are good and bad, sniping on BC2 is epic much more realistic, whereas mw2 is not!
maps are better on BC2 (even tho there arnt as many)
destructable walls on BC2 (thats pretty awesome)
but mw2 is so adictive, it has the killstreaks.

but at the end of that day its down to opinion i prefere BC2 atm but im sure ill keep on playing mw2

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
imo its battlefield full stop. However people who have been brought up on Call of duty will probably hate it because unlike call of duty, skill and forward planning are key to success, you can't run round spraying on battlefield coz you'll just get owned and you can tell when playing who those people are because they've come on and are playing it like its MW2 which just doesn't work.

Battlefield is a far more satisfying game, nearly every kill means something due to the thought thats gone into it. Sniping is especially satisfying when you get a headshot from miles away on a moving target and calculated the amount you had to aim above and infront of the enemy perfectly. Its also awesome when you get a good squad together of your mates and just tear the map up together, i got a 20-0 in a tank yesterday thanks to my mate being engineer and just repairing me all the time (and the people we were playing being a total bunch of noobs lol)

IMO the only thing that MW2 has over BF is the fact that you can just pick up and play MW2 for 10 mins before you go the pub or something, I find BF needs a good hour or more because it takes longer to get into.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
They're both so different that I'd take both.

Buuuut BF2 will give you more for your money imo. So much more to it.

Bingo!

COD (any recent version for that matter) - is simply like playing an updated version of Soldier of Fortune 2. It was great in its day, but the genre has moved on now. There's only so much gun-candy you can dish out before the formula quickly becomes staid and tired.

The Battlefield series has long history of adding more gameplay 'depth' to each game. And they've done the same with BC2 - though clearly holding back for the £££ opportunity of DLCs.

D.

Focus Zetec S
BC2 for me

MW2 is just full of hackers now, a lad i know has got a hack on that gives him 3 primary weapons and any 4 perks.

Bumder With A Buffer
IMO the only thing that MW2 has over BF is the fact that you can just pick up and play MW2 for 10 mins before you go the pub or something, I find BF needs a good hour or more because it takes longer to get into.

Yep that's also why I like it, do prefer BC2 for sniping etc! Got someone the other day who was crouching behind a wall on top of a building, aimed it above his head (there was a TINY bit showing)....BOOM headshot!!! Was very satisfying!! I'm still s**t on this compared to others though!!!!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i have MW2 atm,

and im getting very sick of it, i can only play one game before i get bored and turn it off,

all of my college friends are on BF2 so think im going to trade it in!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I would never trade mw2 in but i'm waiting on bf2 getting delivered it's going to be fun!

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
For me it's MW2. It's quick and easy gameplay though the numerous bug abusers are annoying.

I've been playing BF2 more recently though, but that's only because my friends are playing it too.

3 MPS
haha likewise,

if i play for more than an 15 minutes, i have to take a break, winds you up so much on occasions, hence why im thinking of moving to something new.

yeah feeling the same way , was playing the other night a this one guy was just running around for ten mins with a hand gun and knife just knifing in the back , must have done me about ten times , i was raging , but i wanna rent bc2 first as i have bought flashpoint and brothers in arms before and they have been poor but blockbuster have none in just now and i dont wanna waste £40.

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zcZ3wXF3r14&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zcZ3wXF3r14&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]