ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Must-have Blackberry apps?

Bus w**ker
Wifi will automatically connect to networks you've already set up under connection options.
No idea what you mean by public services...but errm yeah you can ring the local Library and police and stuff lol.
It will connect to any Wifi network.

Mk2 Golf GTI
I mean like the wifi they have in starbucks/mcdonalds etc. As far as i know you can access certain points like that for free as part of the iphone deal. was wondering if it was the same for blackberry/orange services?

Bus w**ker
Wifi is Wifi mate, industry standard. You scan for it, connect and away you go. As it's outside the Orange network they can't charge you for using it. ;)

The only time you wouldn't be able to use a Wifi network would be if it was secured and you didn't have the passkey, such as personal networks in peoples homes or business ones in offices.

Mk2 Golf GTI
Cheers.

Captureit is quite useful, let's you take screenshots of the screen.

So where can i get .247? I've seen .250 on crackberry but a few people have reported problems with it.

Have you tried the OS 5.0 leak then?

Audi TT
I'm waiting on the OS 5 as wont be long now. Sticking to .247 till then

facebook app upgrade from 1.6.0.16 to 1.6.0.21 available today. go to options in the app and choose check for updates. easy peasy. just a couple fixes with it but every little helps and all that shizz.....

facebook app upgrade from 1.6.0.16 to 1.6.0.21 available today. go to options in the app and choose check for updates. easy peasy. just a couple fixes with it but every little helps and all that shizz.....

cheers for that

Bus w**ker
Cheers.

Captureit is quite useful, let's you take screenshots of the screen.

So where can i get .247? I've seen .250 on crackberry but a few people have reported problems with it.

Have you tried the OS 5.0 leak then?
Captureit is only really useful though if you're going to use it. I had it, it sat there for a couple of months and was never used once lol.

Depends on what model you have, there could well be a higher OS version out for yours than there is for my Bold. JD's Storm, for example, is running 4.7 firmware, where as my Bold is on 4.6.

I won't touch an unofficial/beta OS on my phone, so no. But the screenshots and reviews I've read look good.

What they need to do is add automatic version checking, I didn't know it had been updated until I read about it on CrackBerry. :nono:

when i go to download the OS, its comes up with asia or chinese....which one do i use?
Is this on the BB download site? Usually it will say that it's multi language on the Crackberry post, if so it doesn't matter as when you go to install it on your PC you will choose which language to use, I'm running an OS from a provider in Asia. What's the link to the thread?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Symon, great help my man! Had a play with an iphone again at the weekend and it really isn't for me i'm really glad I chose the bold.

I'm just a little noob at it tho. Eg downloading the newest OS version. I know you'll be able to simplify it for me :)

Cheers chap.

Symon, meant the backing up is done automatically on my desktop manager.

Bus w**ker
Gally, I tried the iPhone too and well I didn't like it. It's a nice gadget but I already have a iPod, hate touch screens (I can't text on them at all lol) and the iPhone is far too f**king large. Whilst it will upset many, I see the iPhone as only being popular because it's popular, if that makes sense lol. It's branded by Apple and pushed by celebs.

If I can help I will, but I'm on my first Blackberry myself so anything I know I've only found out by reading a lot...and f**king up my Bold by trying things lol. But yeah if you get stuck gimme a shout and I'll see what I can do. :)

Jamie, I thought you meant the Storm had automatic OS updates lol.

Now that would be amusing!

I have tried the iPhones and the only reason I like them so much more than my Storm is that my Storm is a piece of junk!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah like I said earlier Jamie this is BB'as first venuture into touch screen i'm sure whatever they come up with next ( touchscreenwise) will be good.

I knew the storm wouldn't be ground breaking and in the market today the bold is definitely 2nd only to the iphone. It's 1st imo due to what I use it for! :)

Thanks symon! Have be ready to be noobed out your mind with all m questions! ;)

Yeah I agree, friends have all opted for the bolds and have had no problems after I pointed them in that direction, what-so-ever!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Need to get my BB chat thing set up young man!

yeh, its the one on the previous page, ive not updated my OS so i didnt go for the option with the weather as i have that anyway. but its proper decent. get it done

Hyundai i40
k ill check it tonight..meh...i had my berry a yr and just used it for txt,email,msn and phone, nout else special

my contracts up for renewal in decemember so might venture into iphone terrority

Mk2 Golf GTI
Is it a free one?

Yeah i posted the link on the page before. It's only for the curve but it's a seriously sweet theme.

I think it's worth getting the weather app as it shows up nicely on the homescreen. New icons too. Firefox isn't an actual app so don't get excited! The guy who made it just used the logo for the browser option. It looks good though ;)

This is mine

3704725506_f5c4f1bda5.png
3704764814_a636836de7.png

http://forums.crackberry.com/f129/f...ed-working-professional-all-new-icons-255909/

3672204411_7e6d8f9390.jpg
3673011588_86801ea8d6.jpg

BTW, is EDGE better than GPRS? My phone hardly ever seems to be on EDGE. Is it because it only covers certain areas?

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Do you think it's a lot nicer to use than the oe one?
I'm BB ooot ma nut here!

Bus w**ker
Naith, no PIN love? :(

Only reason I'm not running a theme with the today section is that RIM are f**king yank t***s and refuse to let you set the date format to anything other than MM/DD/YY, which we all know is wrong and should be banned lol.

Just so you'll know if you get the weather bug app you can choose to have the icon on your home page. The icon changes for the weather in your current GPS area and hovering on it shows the temperature. ;)

Mk2 Golf GTI
I'm using weather eye at the moment, you can see it in the top left corner of the first pic i posted. It's doesn't use GPS though so doesn't update depending on location.

Is weather bug free?

That theme has a hidden today screen option too. It only shows up when you hover over the calendar tab. I prefer not having the today always on too, looks a bit cleaner.

I've got one called Trapster and people put on the map where there are speed cameras, where police normally hide and traffic light cameras, and i believe it beeps or similar when you're near one (can change the alert settings etc anyway, so I'm just assuming) not yet tried it though. Even though you should not need to be prompted of such things :p

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Can you change the background on that theme? It's pretty poop!

Bus w**ker
I'm using weather eye at the moment, you can see it in the top left corner of the first pic i posted. It's doesn't use GPS though so doesn't update depending on location.

Is weather bug free?

That theme has a hidden today screen option too. It only shows up when you hover over the calendar tab. I prefer not having the today always on too, looks a bit cleaner.
Yup, it's on App World. Works really well.

It would still piss me off, stupid yank dates. :nono:

I've got one called Trapster and people put on the map where there are speed cameras, where police normally hide and traffic light cameras, and i believe it beeps or similar when you're near one (can change the alert settings etc anyway, so I'm just assuming) not yet tried it though. Even though you should not need to be prompted of such things :p
lol I tried that out too, lasted a day before I decided it was shite.

sy pm me ur pin innit x
PM winging it's way... xoxo

Can you change the background on that theme? It's pretty poop!
Yeah mate, save the image to your memory card, hover over it in picture viewer and hit the berry button. One on that menu says something like set as home page image.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
What's the quickest way to download apps like that theme and goggle maps?

I downloaded Google Map directly to my Bold the other day - seems the easiest way. Literally just googled it within the BB browser.....saves having to faff around with cables and laptops.

What's the quickest way to download apps like that theme and goggle maps?

App world or just search in Google mate.

I used the new Google Maps search last night while in town. Shop had run out of the right trousers for the dinner suit I was buying. Quick search for nearest Aquastutum shop, directions for walking, number to check what time they shut, done and £500 down lol!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not great at finiding these apps! I can't find that theme on bbworld!

Where's symon! I don't want hassle with all this cable crap when I can do it on my phone!

Mate, search google maps blackberry application in your browser. That will take you to the necessary site!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I've done the maps mate, i'm trying to find that free theme! Grrrr!

Dear Google Maps,

I would like to complain about the lack of brothels shown on your maps.

I let the little blue button find me on the map, but when I typed into the search function the afore mentioned business, no results could be found.

I know for a fact that there is a pub around the corner that, although not a brothel, is full of scantily clad sluts that could suck a golf ball through a garden hose. Why is this business not shown on your map? I would also like you to add street view, so I may browse said location without being able to smell/breathe in the "atmosphere".

Best regards,

James Randy Durbin.