ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mr Plums Progress.. Clio 182 Turbo!

RB Clio 182
I fitted a new gear gaiter today with blue stitching, it does look better in person and will compliment my steering wheel when i eventually get it re trimmed..

4e7d02bf-052f-47eb-a0b5-8126ea5a290c_zpsmkx5tb9c.jpg

RB Clio 182
You're missing out not having a longer shaft mate. You'd love it so so so much!

Does that black switch fire dildos at people out of your exhaust?

Hahaha yes mate it does :tonguewink: its like the red button in the men in black movie!

My shaft is long enough thank you :wink: I will eventually get the longer stick mate, i need a couple of paint issues including my wheels sorting next, i like my paintwork its probably the most important thing on a car to me lol.

RB Clio 182
I'm going to book my wheels in for powdercoating tomorrow hopefully, any recommendations on what colour to go for?

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
There is a Landrover colour called Winchester which is nice, darker shade, I had my track wheels done in Gris acier met, it's a bit like petrol blue
add578f70192acb6670490f057c6a17c.jpg

RB Clio 182
I have just got back from the powdercoaters, they have normal colours which are £160 and colours like candy apple red which are £180.

I have told them ill go home and have a think about it and ring them to book it in hopefully for Monday.

I am going to put a request in photoshop for some ideas.

RB Clio 182
I have just ordered two rainsport 3 tyres as my front ones are really low and with me having my wheels powdercoated in the next few days, i thought it made sense to change them now instead of having the tyres removed again in the next month or two which might cause damage to the alloys.

I thought they performed reasonably well so i opted for these again and for the money you cant go wrong imo, i also have ocd and like to keep all four tyres the same on each corner and my rear rs3's look almost brand new :)

RB Clio 182
Well i have rung the powder coaters and he forgot that he had booked me in so im not using them now bugger it, on the lookout again for someone decent.

I might even get them painted if my local painter will give me a good price for a few bodywork bits doing too.

Clio 172 cup + 325ci
Some great work. Personally I'd have upgraded the engine mounts mounts,brakes and got lsd even before the turbo conversion went in. I'd defo be putting those next on the list instead of spunking money on new trim and different wheel colours.

RB Clio 182
Engine mounts and good brakes are next mate, im not sure whether to get a lsd as i dont use it on track, i know they are good as i have had them in the past but I dont drive stupid enough to need one, i will change my mind if i ever decide to take it on track.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Engine mounts and good brakes are next mate, im not sure whether to get a lsd as i dont use it on track, i know they are good as i have had them in the past but I dont drive stupid enough to need one, i will change my mind if i ever decide to take it on track.
You'll probably find the gearbox suffers as a result of you fit a diff mate. It'll put more strain through it.

RB Clio 182
You'll probably find the gearbox suffers as a result of you fit a diff mate. It'll put more strain through it.

Thanks bud, so it would be more likely to go with a lsd? I know a diff is up their with some of the best mods, but I really dont need one from experience, I just want a pretty quick tidy looking motor, I'm not out to set records in it, its just nice to have that power when you fancy a nice Sunday drive etc.

RB Clio 182
I can't help but think that a nice set of bigger calipers would look great behind those goldie lookin' wheels.

That's what I'm thinking mate, some nice new big calipers to compliment the freshly painted alloys, i just need to give it a paint correction then.

I cant wait until my box is fitted so I can concentrate on other things again.

RB Clio 182
I also bought a genuine handbrake cable the other day, now the other side has snapped, buy in pairs everyone its easier and saves time.