ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT Advisories

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Few advisory's on my recent MOT Saturday. Car is 16v 1.2 mk2.

- Rear Axle beam has slight vertical movement between stub axle and axle beam (2.5.A.1a)
- Nearside Rear Brake pipe slightly corroded (3.6.B.2c)
- exhaust clamp corroded middle

The first one I have no idea what that is and how I go about fixing it?
Any idea of how to fix other two issues? Thanks.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
By new brake hose and fit it

Buy new exhaust clamp and fit it?

Just a guess.

But honestly wouldn't worry about those.

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Thought that would be the case with exhaust clamp but was worried brake pipe might need more work than just replace. Those 2 weren't really bothered about it was the first one about rear axle beam I'm concerned about, I'm going to jack it up and have a look but no idea what it means as its a fixed beam. I'll have a look thank you.
By new brake hose and fit it

Buy new exhaust clamp and fit it?

Just a guess.

But honestly wouldn't worry about those.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Rear Axle beam has slight vertical movement between stub axle and axle beam (2.5.A.1a)
I think even with the 1.2 there are 4 bolts that hold the stub axle to the rear beam. You could get behind and see if there is any play in these. They may need tightening up or replacing.

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Rear Axle beam has slight vertical movement between stub axle and axle beam (2.5.A.1a)
I think even with the 1.2 there are 4 bolts that hold the stub axle to the rear beam. You could get behind and see if there is any play in these. They may need tightening up or replacing.
That's what I thought, these are very tight and have been taken out and cleaned within the past year. Strange one i guess I'll have to ring up and ask. Thanks for your help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
You were the guy I sold my rear hub spacers too and I remember you having trouble with the bolts compared to the sport ones?

That will be the movement pal, hope it's an easy fix :smile:

Hi Chris, Oh yeah I remember that, the only issue was thread size of the bolts was different, that's all!
Unfortunately all the bolts are super tight so I have no idea what the movement is, I hope the garage will be able to show me. Cheers

Clio 172
I had a similar advisory on an MOT about 5 years ago. 5 mot's and 90k miles later no one's ever picked up on it since. There is actually slight play in the rear subframe bushes but nothing noteworthy, MOT tester was just being a bit anal.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yep my car has different advisories at various different MOT stations. Wouldn't worry.

Clio 172
The mot station I take mine too actually like to put naff advisories on because they believe it keeps vosa happy. It's usually advisories like "engine covers fitted".