ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Morning -4 here

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Leaving it in gear is all well if you don't live on a hill.. Don't fancy waking up to find my car now has a merc badge printed on the bonnet.. Although it could increase the value! Hmmm.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
It's only ever my left that freezes on, I did have a new cable on the right a few months ago though. But yeah, the handbrake moves freely and fine as it should, but the wheel doesn't move :S

What I meant is there's no feeling when I lift the handbrake, like the cables no attached or something

RS6 C7
-6 IIRC.

Started my A3 up and realised it doesn't have heated wingmirrors ffs!

I'm sure it did 2 weeks ago! , Need to check the spec.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Do you not need to turn them on using the mirror adjustment stalk? That's where it is on VAG stuff. It doesn't come on with the rear window, like EVERYONE else does it.

09Accord 2.4 3.0i Z4
-5c and the faithful ol' 1.2 started up with no problems, left it running with heaters on full, Had me Breakfast for 5 mins and the windows fully defrosted and very warm inside too.

260% JCW
-13 here, coldest place in the UK

169DE363-9867-476C-B1FC-F76D2AE7C494-5605-00000D32908592A5.gif

Had ice on the inside of the windscreen! :(

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
-5c and the faithful ol' 1.2 started up with no problems, left it running with heaters on full, Had me Breakfast for 5 mins and the windows fully defrosted and very warm inside too.

You shouldn't idle a car to warm it up.

Scrape the windows completely, get in, start it and drive off.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
My rear o/s calliper seized on my way into work yesterday, red hot wheel and stunk of burnt brake pad.

Today it's behaving itself.

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
-3 this morning, all the cars on the street where frozen apart from mine. Literally got in it and drove away.

Not sure why it wasn't frozen over, yesterday was like -2 and it was frozen that time.

Because a tramp pissed on your car

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
-9 when I got in the car and handbrake came off fine.... Saw -13 on my way into work.

BG FF 182
-6 for me this morning, some guy I work with had to pull over & turn off the engine on the way in this morning because his coolant had frozen, never heard of that before, couldn't have been good for it...

AG 200 cup
Was cold this morning don't know the temp because a temp sensor is to much like hard work to install in a cup, but there was ice on the car and the handbrake was not stuck on.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
-6 for me this morning, some guy I work with had to pull over & turn off the engine on the way in this morning because his coolant had frozen, never heard of that before, couldn't have been good for it...

Thats why we use proper coolant/antifreeze. Sounds like he has just water.

renault clio 182
None of them problems although went too put petrol in it tonight and couldn't get key in or fuel cap off frozen solid ended up admitting defeat n driving away from petrol station like a right tit!!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
You shouldn't idle a car to warm it up.

Scrape the windows completely, get in, start it and drive off.

Why's that?
I leave the M3 running for 5 mins minimum any morning as it runs like a bag of s**t when stone cold. Plus it gives the heated seats time to get toasty in the cold, or the aircon to cool it down in the warm!