ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

More mac help !

Z4
I've gotten bored of having nothing on my mac so decided I'd transfer the documents from my pc (songs/photos/etc) however I seem to be having some issues.

I'm doing it 8gb at a time on a usb pen, but the mac wont recognise it..can anyone help?

Probably something daft! Cheers

Megane
OSX sometimes refuses to read disks formatted as NTFS, which windows uses as standard from Vista onward.
Format the USB pen to FAT32, and it should be fine.

Fiat Panda 100hp
Should be fine then, does it not show up on the desktop or in finder as a little orange icon?

Tried different USB ports? Tried other USB Devices? Does it show in Disk Utility?

Z4
Should be fine then, does it not show up on the desktop or in finder as a little orange icon?

Tried different USB ports? Tried other USB Devices? Does it show in Disk Utility?

Cheers for the reply mate.

It doesn't show up in finder, but it does show up in disk utilities, comes up with this message when I verify/repair it:

Unable to read FAT (Input/output error)
1865 files, 117916 KiB free (29479 clusters)
Volume repair complete.Updating boot support partitions for the volume as required.

Any ideas? I'm stumped! It's music from my pc, would that have anything to do with it that its not i tunes??

I tried all the other usb ports too..

Fiat Panda 100hp
Sounds dodgy...
Does the PC read it fine??

If so, formatt it again on the PC. My Computer > Right Click on Drive > Formatt > FAT32.

Then try the stick in the Mac without the music, if it works then try it with the music.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Type into the terminal:

diskutil list

Post the output here.

It's more than possible that your memory stick has a buggy implementation of the mass storage class.

Z4
sorted.

Although it was formatted to fat32, it still wasn't :S

Reformatted it, again, and somehow fixed it. Cheers for the help all x