ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Monaco's Final detail

Bumder With A Buffer
Well the Monaco is up for sale to make way for some Jap Crap :) so im in the process of giving it a full detail and generally tidying up some random bits.

This will be done in parts as the weather is s**t today so below find...

PART 1

Started the day off by going and getting some new tyres and wanted to swap them onto the front, so whilst there thought id give the arches/wheels etc a full clean and seal the wheels.

Products to tackle the jobs in hand...

Megs APC, Autobrite Very Cheery Wheel Cleaner, Chemical Guys Orange Degreaser.

d22d162d.jpg

690379ae.jpg

Started off jacking the car up on the drivers side and inspecting the arches...FILTHY!!!

31784e6c.jpg

f6bd75bf.jpg

Wheels sprayed with Autobrite Very Cherry..agitated slightly and left to dwell...

b2d49d0c.jpg

31d3aecb.jpg

Whilst that was dwelling hot the arch with Megs APC, cleaned off and used Orange Degreaser

22905b70.jpg

Wheels blasted with the Karcher and dried

eb1f77a3.jpg

e2c651fb.jpg

Products of choice on the wheels is..

Planet Polish Wheel Seal and Shine

b34eef9c.jpg

2 Layers of Poorboys Sealent..

a39256eb.jpg

Curing..

d6492476.jpg

Whilst that was curing hit the rear and front arches arches (finished results)..

ba5011e2.jpg

7e190369.jpg

650fa571.jpg

1ff781e3.jpg

Tyres then treated to Chemical Guys New Look..

7776f382.jpg

d0dc0eac.jpg

Finished articles...Shiney :)

6dbd6e33.jpg

0c2789fe.jpg

030fbd29.jpg

Rear wheel on

5904f728.jpg

Arch check

fc910332.jpg

Front Wheel on

13bed8dd.jpg

9aa44a7c.jpg

Onto the passenger side :)

This side was worse then the driver..guessing its due to the ruts on the back roads and standing mud etc...

3a456d0c.jpg

ce8c264e.jpg

eb261254.jpg

67c72e33.jpg

328b7889.jpg

No during pics just afters..

Front
5a364b15.jpg

48176b07.jpg

Rear
bb857f90.jpg

1ac56bf6.jpg

Wheels

c2b21568.jpg

8773f270.jpg

bcf4b43d.jpg

All done and back on :)

0106de59.jpg

40d25c8e.jpg

Yes I know Centre caps are off ;) They are being treated to some TLC.

It absolutely PISSED it down just as I was finishing the passenegr side so rain had to stop play.

Coming up in the next few days.....Results of wet sanding :evil: and touch-up :)

Part 2 will be soon!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Nankangs! Have a word! Good work though, proper shitty job doing the arches/wheels :)

Bumder With A Buffer
I havent found any issues with the Nankangs..Maybe becuase i drive like an old fart though :eek:

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Lovely. Whats the planet polish like? Keep meaning to get some. What you replacing the monaco with? :(

Bumder With A Buffer
I honestly don't know what the fuss is about the Nankangs! Ran them over the winter in the snow/ice and rain...I'm still alive!!

Planet polish is awesome magpie, only top it up with poor boys to give more protection.

I'm going to purchase an EVO :)

be back in a Clio soon though I reckon :eek:

Wheels are "power coated" amphasite. Dan (Greeney 172) had them done I think??? I got them off him.

Evo 6, E92 320d
What evo are you going for? Bring it to the rr day next month, just for show as you can't run:(

Bumder With A Buffer
I did do some more work tonight but ran out of light, mainly touching up and wetsanding though so nothing interesting really :eek:

just wanted to document it down in here for once as I just normally just get on with it and not take pics.

Hopefully an 8 chris, i may even buy an old valver or cheap phase1 to bring to meets etc :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Look forward to seeing the wet sanding reflections Richy mate. :)

I'lll have a respray quote at the ready. :eek: