ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Modified dCi's

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
there is nothing wrong with a generic map from a place with a decent repuation.

what did that generic map start out as? they didnt magically make it up, it started as a custom remap on a standard car.

i do not see the point in spending £400+ on a remap for a STANDARD clio DCi when for £200 you can have a generic map giving pretty much the same gain, which started off as a custom map on an identical car.

my £200 map, done 30,000 hard miles giving out 130bhp and 190lbft of torque on my dci 100, money well spent! my DCi 106 is having another from the same place next month

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
back to the original request lol...

my 100 running sportlines, konis, xenons, uprated discs and pads all round, remap
IMG_0609.jpg

they need a 6th gear once mapped!
26012010192small.jpg

DCi 100
Wait till I've actually sorted it out TBH.

Is Adz back off holiday yet any idea? I don't think I have his number again mate >_<

DCi 100
The thing is I haven't actually got any :eek:

Except this one;
sDmDV.jpg

Missing xenons and grille there though. Just need to sort driveshaft and all the stance and s**t out and it'll be pretty cool. Just never bother to wash it as it gets parked on one of those s**tty stone car parks full of mucky puddles and do 450 miles in the rain on the motorway every week so... meh! :)

Just never get round to sorting stuff. Had painted door handles since before france and there not even on yet.

DCi 100
There not powdercoated in that pic, they are now!

But Tim, I can assure you I've cleaned them atleast twice as much as you cleaned your wheels on the 172 already! :D

Listerine & Poledo
I hit the limiter at indicated 129mph on my mapped 80, down the hill on the M20.

I might have hit 105 in a 1.5 no-turbo corsa, 3-up.

slipstreaming a cavalier.
on a slight downhill.

Those were different days though, when I thought I was invincible, and Mansell.

ALSO - Love the Le Mans vinyls!

thats my dci.. although its now got a 172 engine

Is the engine in right? Why isn't the bonnet closing properly?

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
I might have hit 105 in a 1.5 no-turbo corsa, 3-up.

slipstreaming a cavalier.
on a slight downhill.

Those were different days though, when I thought I was invincible, and Mansell.

ALSO - Love the Le Mans vinyls!

Is the engine in right? Why isn't the bonnet closing properly?

yeah its fitted right.. its got lifters on the back ( will be removed when i can be bothered) and it wasnt down on the catch when i took the photo

Listerine & Poledo
ah, I getcha.

yeah, lifters are.............

......no, they just make it look broken. IMO of course.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I paid around 600 all in as mine was played with a little bit to tweak a bit more out with a custom map, got 115bhp and 180lbft

S23

The Cleee-O
Woahhh, that is really good then! I think I may have to look into it a bit more now then, that is a pretty big gain then. What other work was done then to get that sort of figure?

S23

The Cleee-O
Cool stuff man, sounds pretty achievable too. That'd liven up the old beast a bit the! Thanks for the advice/knowledge :)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Out of interest what are the differences between the 65 and the 80? I will be remapping anyway but was just wondering what you would need to do to get it to that stage, as they seem a lot easier to get hold of than the 80's or 100's

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
few of the van k&n filter, decat, stainless exhaust with twin exit style tips, still to get it mapped. fully sport running gear set up (gbox,front arms, steering arms, front n rear brake set up) solid top mounts, air ride. and the sport body kit. had porsche 928 slots then steels then the standard alloys.

69bfb958.jpg

723c015e.jpg

bb8b6c96.jpg

Photo009A.jpg

Photo002.jpg

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
Out of interest what are the differences between the 65 and the 80? I will be remapping anyway but was just wondering what you would need to do to get it to that stage, as they seem a lot easier to get hold of than the 80's or 100's

65bhp, 80bhp & 100bhp models, obviously the 100 are the most hard to find. 80 is most fuel efficient, but when I say that.. I mean by 3-4mpg. Find more info here: http://www.renaultdci.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
its not worth buying a 65 if you want the power, its too much hastle to convert, to go to 80 spec you need the intercooler (£100 mark if you can find one, thats IF!) turbos are fairly similar, you could get away with running your standard 65 one, but you would need 80 injectors (80 and 100 run same injectors) expect to pay anywhere from £300 to £600 for a set of them, plus they need coded to the car by renault or a diesel specialst, (say £40-£100) so your talking easily over £500, and that might seem resonable to some but the parts are a nightmare to find!

100 runs a different turbo, and high pressure fuel pump from memory

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
its not worth buying a 65 if you want the power, its too much hastle to convert, to go to 80 spec you need the intercooler (£100 mark if you can find one, thats IF!) turbos are fairly similar, you could get away with running your standard 65 one, but you would need 80 injectors (80 and 100 run same injectors) expect to pay anywhere from £300 to £600 for a set of them, plus they need coded to the car by renault or a diesel specialst, (say £40-£100) so your talking easily over £500, and that might seem resonable to some but the parts are a nightmare to find!

100 runs a different turbo, and high pressure fuel pump from memory

Im fussy as s**t lol. I've never managed to find a dynamique 80 or 100 in good condition.