ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Modification Guides

Hi, I hope this is the right section for this.

I'm buying a standard 1.2 expression 16v this week and looking to upgrade the following:
- Head unit with full speaker upgrade, 2 subs in the boot
- New backbox
- Induction kit
- Lowering
- 16" Alloys
- Possibly bumpers and side skirts

I havnt done this before but I have a lot of time on my hands as I dont work in the days and im not on a massively tight budget.

I was wondering if there is anywhere that has step by step guides for installation of this kind of thing as I want to do the majority of the work myself as something to do and to learn.

Thanks,
Simon

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Hi, I hope this is the right section for this.

I'm buying a standard 1.2 expression 16v this week and looking to upgrade the following:
- Head unit with full speaker upgrade, 2 subs in the boot- Id give the subs a miss but thats down to personal preference.
- New backbox- Long as it aint a jap can
- Induction kit- Again personal preference.
- Lowering- yes
- 16" Alloys- yes
- Possibly bumpers and side skirts- If you mean a stupid chavvy body kit.... NO! If its 1*2 Bumpers, Skirts etc they yeah why not.

I havnt done this before but I have a lot of time on my hands as I dont work in the days and im not on a massively tight budget.

I was wondering if there is anywhere that has step by step guides for installation of this kind of thing as I want to do the majority of the work myself as something to do and to learn.

Thanks,
Simon

The subs are a yes definately, and no its not a chavvy body kit, mostly subtle mods.

Do you know of any guides to do this kind of stuff?

kjf

RSC172 ph2
The subs are a yes definately, and no its not a chavvy body kit, mostly subtle mods.

Do you know of any guides to do this kind of stuff?

Induction is relatively easy.
Dunno if there are guides for this in the guides section but to access (quite a good bit of knowledge/how-tos in there) then you'll have to fork out some dosh.

1.6 Ford Focus
As said above induction is a doddle.

It took my less than 5 mins to fit mine on my 1.2 8v, just make sure you get the right size parts and its literally a straight swap.

Thanks for that I didnt see the guides section as I hadnt joined the club but im on it now.

Will probably do beginners guides for the site when I start work on it as some of them seem to skip parts and not be so in depth so I'm guessing there will be a little bit of trial and error