ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Modded German 197

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Saw these over on Clio197.net, and I thought people here might appreciate them. I had a good look around and couldn't see that they'd already been posted before :)

1280_3261393866653632.jpg

1280_3362353337326235.jpg

1280_6462653938646534.jpg

1280_3362393764393932.jpg

1280_6364363230646461.jpg

1280_3932626265396132.jpg

Personally, I quite like it, I like the idea of the black and red together, and also I realise this won't be a popular opinion because they're not Turinis, but I quite like the wheels too - they don't look crazy huge, maybe cos they're dark on a dark car. I don't like the little symbols on the roof though.

Opinions?

BG182®
I realise this won't be a popular opinion because they're not Turinis

I agree with you mate. Think its what you would call smartly moddded. Its not over the top but yet its different. A thumbs up from me due to taking a different route then Turini's.

I wonder how damn wide those tires are though? :eek:

(EDIT) The RS badges on the side would look good if they where red also... IMO anyway.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Re: the badges, yea I agree, I reckon the same red with the RS lettering in black (of course). That'd look pretty sweet IMHO. And the wheel size is - 9x19 et 40 with 215/35/19. Stock tyre size is 215/45/17

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
I quite like it. Not really into the wheels, i know they add to the effect of the car, but they're just going to suck women and children in.

J03

MX5 1.8
wheels look a tad too big.. makes it look too high, bit it does fill out the arches, it looks really nice imo

Gem

Racing Blue 182
I really don't like the wheels....except for the red detail. Could have done a lot worse IMO :)

A

amitshah1990

Not a big fna of the style of the wheels, but love the colours, black on black !!! :D

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
clio.gif

megane 18's are big enough.
think 19's are just a tad to big.

Lee

BMW M2C
I want to see a better picture of that spoiler. That could be the one.....

Edit: Looking at it, it looks like the Elia one, but the angle hides the fact I don't like the way it frames the brake light. I'd love it to be part of the spoiler as on a 172 or V6 spoiler.

Last edited:
C

Cupster

I like the big wheels, takes the edge off the fat arse! lol

Best spoiler I have seen too.

ST
Love it..

Times seem to have changed a bit on here too..everyone used to slate the 197..now most have came round to it..

Porsche Boxster987S
Love it..

Times seem to have changed a bit on here too..everyone used to slate the 197..now most have came round to it..

agree with that. had a wee go at my mates in town last night. such a nice noise as standard. my only point against it would be . . . brand new its what , 16k for the f1?? imo thats 2nd hand meggy money or mk4 r32. i just couldnt justify that kind of money for a clio when you can get the 182 for less than half and have the same power , similar handling etc. i understand it might make the 1*2s look a bit dated BUT imo the 1*2s are the better for looks.:quiet:

ST
I never paid anywhere near £16k for my R27 mate lol...sold the 182 for £9,200 last august..22k, mint condition 55 plate black gold 182, try selling a 182 for anymore than 8k these days and people will pick holes in it unless its a trophy..

Looks wise is a matter of opinion..handling tho..the 197 is light years from the 8 year old car that the 182 is based on..

Porsche Boxster987S
I never paid anywhere near £16k for my R27 mate lol...sold the 182 for £9,200 last august..22k, mint condition 55 plate black gold 182, try selling a 182 for anymore than 8k these days and people will pick holes in it unless its a trophy..
my bad. my mate who works at reno paid that sort of price thats why i just assumed:eek: apologies.

youll need to take me a spin to prove it then.lol is it really a huge difference in terms of handling?? and power?

ST
my bad. my mate who works at reno paid that sort of price thats why i just assumed:eek: apologies.

youll need to take me a spin to prove it then.lol is it really a huge difference in terms of handling?? and power?

Yeah man can do..

Handling is the big factor between them mate...power isnt that much different tho the 197 delivers it with a bit more finesse tho..

Megane R26, R21 Turbo
that is just awful i think cliosport or 197.net or whatever its called should have a system where that people who want to sign up have to post a picture of thier car and it get acceptance purely if i doesnt look like a chav chariot

Porsche Boxster987S

Yeah man can do..

Handling is the big factor between them mate...power isnt that much different tho the 197 delivers it with a bit more finesse tho..

what do you mean sorry?? like the 182 feels like its quicker??

i dont think the car in this thread is that bad tbh.

ST
Yeah man can do..

what do you mean sorry?? like the 182 feels like its quicker??

i dont think the car in this thread is that bad tbh.

Basically does it a bit more smooth than the 182 does..more refined when pressing on..

Come to the run next thurs n i'll show you..:)

b/g 182, meg tourer
thats not bad at all. not a huge fan of the splitter. and im not sure about the style of the wheel. the colour scheme of the wheels and everything else looks great tho

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
quite like it whats with the louis vitton roof pattern though?!

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I want to see a better picture of that spoiler. That could be the one.....

Edit: Looking at it, it looks like the Elia one, but the angle hides the fact I don't like the way it frames the brake light. I'd love it to be part of the spoiler as on a 172 or V6 spoiler.

It is the Elia mate, he says somewhere on the other thread :)

Must say, it seems to be getting a better reception than I expected, perhaps half an half, I thought one of the big boyz would post some abuse then the disciples would just agree ;)

As I say, I quite like it, it wouldn't normally be my thing at all, and I wouldn't do it to my car as the guy does mention that the performance has suffered as a result. He's just chopped it in for a new white 197 FF on white 18" MeggySport wheels. No pics yet :(

Dan

Last edited:

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
that is just awful i think cliosport or 197.net or whatever its called should have a system where that people who want to sign up have to post a picture of thier car and it get acceptance purely if i doesnt look like a chav chariot

What a ridiculous comment.