ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mobile Phone Contract Cancelling?

Punto/Clio GTT
Hey all. I placed an order with affordablemobiles on the 12th April. I had to phone up as my bank card wasnt the same address as my delivery address so i went to the bank and changed it over. On the 22nd April the order was dispatched.

They attempted to deliver it while i was at work, so i phoned up the courrier and rearranged another delivery for the friday 1st may.

They never tried to deliver it after having the day off work. I called them on the 11th and they said its down to the courrier and not them, i called the courrier few days later and they said the phone has been sent back to affordable mobiles.

I phone affordablemobiles 2 weeks ago on bank holiday monday and i was told that they will check with the courrier and email me in a "couple of days", that was over a week ago and ive heard nothing.

So far, ive paid 2 months on the phone £28.50 and £28.50, ive paid £25 in mobile phone calls to the company while being on hold and i lost £100 of a days wages and ive not even seen the mobile phone yet, after 2 months.

Where do i stand, legally, to cancel it? ive not seen the phone and theyve took the absolute piss.

cheers

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
AFAIK, you get 7 day 'cool off' periods, sometimes 14.

They are charging you for a service you are not able to use though so I believe there is grounds there for cancellation.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I believe you've 'entered' the contract as soon as you sign it, whether a hard copy or digital copy.
I got a contract with Orange once and in store they checked my area for signal and it was brilliant.
3 weeks later, it kept getting worse to the extent I could only use wifi in my house - they let me cancel it.

I'm assuming 'affordablemobiles' are just a middle man taking commission on sales feathering from the larger networks? May be worth ringing the network provider up directly.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
They should have contacted you back I agree but you called them on BHM. Give them a call tomorrow and see what's happening.

Punto/Clio GTT
i can only call them on a saturday as i dont have a phone atm and i dont get home from work til 6:30 and they close at 5 :\

Punto/Clio GTT
cheers. just foned them up and the woman says shes 99% sure i have the right to cancel as 2 months is a joke. she said that my statutory rights say i have 14 day cool off period upon recieving the phone, but, under the mobile companys (ee) rules n stuff, its 14 days from the day the phone gets activated, which is 2 months ago lol.

shes gonna email me monday to confirm cancellation on the order after shes spoken to returns department as they dont work saturdays apparantly.

affordablemobiles.co.uk - AVOID

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
usually you can return a mobile within 7 days from the date you have received it (as long as it's not taken out of the packaging etc..) - this is the policy for BT Business mobiles at least anyways!