ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MkII Ph1 1.2 Grande - Fitting Rear Speakers?

Clio 1.2 MkII Ph1
'ello, all!

I have a '98 Clio 1.2 Grande (RN; MkII, Ph1), and it didn't come with any rear speakers. Since the car originally came with a radio cassette player (which the previous owner upgraded to a nice Kenwood Bluetooth-ready head unit - cheers!), the front speakers are a bit on the diabolical side! I'd like to upgrade them, and I thought that I might as well deck the back out whilst I'm at it. There's one problem, however: I've got no idea how to do it, haha! I know that replacing the front speakers will not be too bad - I've found some speakers that will fit that are modestly-priced on the internet, but I have no idea where to start with the rear ones. I don't even know whether my certain model can even take rear speakers! I presume it can, though, as there are little grids at the sides of the parcel shelf that seem to be able to fit speakers in (without a proper look, that is - I'm just assuming here). I'd just like to know if there's anyone out there who's successfully kitted out their car with regards to rear speakers, and if so, how hard it was to do this. I've already bought and had a subwoofer fitted, and I'd like the rest of the audio kitting out to complement it nicely.

Cheers, guys.

There's plenty of threads on this already, please search for them. If you come across one that I've posted in you'll see speaker recommendations, front tweeter fitting tips the lot.

Clio 1.2 MkII Ph1
There's plenty of threads on this already, please search for them. If you come across one that I've posted in you'll see speaker recommendations, front tweeter fitting tips the lot.

Got a direct link, mate? Just looked at your threads and couldn't find one... Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough, but I can't find a guide anywhere. Thanks anyway, though.

EDIT - Got one, I wasn't looking hard enough, thanks.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
rear speakers fit behind the grills next to the rear seats just run new speaker wire would be the easiest option.