ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK7 golf

53 Clio's & counting
Sorry these are a bit late, as some of you know I usually post up some pictures when we get new cars in, we have had this about a month, but I've not had chance to get them up.

First impressions are good, looks are pretty much as predicted, more comfortable, quieter, feels a little better - pretty much like every new golf

Not very exiting Pictures:

20121220_142013.jpg

20121220_142006.jpg

20121220_142021.jpg

20121220_151159.jpg

20121220_141909.jpg

20121220_141929.jpg

20121220_141936.jpg

20121220_151115.jpg

20121220_141947.jpg

53 Clio's & counting
Wonder what the hot version will look like, I don't like or dislike that though.

And I can't tell from the pics, is it big enough to warrant those parking sensors?

Seems everyone needs parking sensors these days - I mean you can spec them on the VW up - the Fcuking Up FFS!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Seems everyone needs parking sensors these days - I mean you can spec them on the VW up - the Fcuking Up FFS!

My mum wanted them on her Aygo!

I like how angled the dash is towards the driver, was the previous one like that? It's one of the things I really like about the BMW.

Clio
Will VW ever sort out that f**king volume/power button, it drives my insane that the power logo moves

53 Clio's & counting
My mum wanted them on her Aygo!

I like how angled the dash is towards the driver, was the previous one like that? It's one of the things I really like about the BMW.

No, thats a new feature - the dash is a much improved texture too

Will VW ever sort out that f**king volume/power button, it drives my insane that the power logo moves

Ha yeah right, wishfull thinking!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I was out in one before xmas at a local garage, it was on site for an afternoon.

A description? The most generic car ever made. Everything about it is "just a car". If it was a colour it would be beige.

I actually like Golfs for what they do it's just, well, look at it.

Very very well built machines. I can definitely vouch for the attention to detail in construction quality.

Looking forward to seeing what they do with the R. Again, as long as it's ok with dk?

120d M Sport
Typical of the modern car really. Packed full of safety features right across the range this, a VW fleet rep came to introduce it to us at our place recently

M135i and the shed
Gloss black steering wheel centre? Have we regressed to 2005?!

For me the interior is a bit of a disappointment but then it is the base model.

Might be tempted to ship in the Edition 35 for the Golf .R replacement if it's any good. Any idea when we will start seeing GTi's on the road?

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Interior has the 'Vauxhall' look about it. ROTTEN.

Exterior, looks like a bigger MY60 Polo.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I was out in one before xmas at a local garage, it was on site for an afternoon.

A description? The most generic car ever made. Everything about it is "just a car". If it was a colour it would be beige.

Totally agree.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

So the same as all golfs then?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Can't believe this counts as another new marque tbh.

MK5 PH3.

M135i and the shed
Nah, that's not really true though. VW have just gone to the lazy Porsche school of new model design with the Mk5>6>7 Golfs.

I've owned a Mk5 and Mk6 and although they look very similar, side by side they're very different. Interchangeable parts between Mk5 and 6 are very few other than any cross-over of engines in the earlier models. A MK6 isn't a facelift of a Mk5 any more than a 250 is a facelifted R26, it just seems like it as the visual and interior tweaks are subtle. The big failure with the Mk6 Gti originally was using the Mk5 wheels as that just made joe public who'd never actually looked at them side by side assume nothing had changed. Those wheels were gastly and should have been burnt on the Mk5 let alone trotting them out for another decade on the Mk6.

DB.

BMW 440i
Some car companies need to drastically change models in order to remain competitive, VW don't IMO.

The subtle tweaks work well!

Definately agree with poobah about the wheels though, they let the MK5 down no end!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
All look exactly the same to me other than getting 'pointier' each time:

vw-golf-mk7-05-630x284_zps641e29d0.jpg

Lol.

M135i and the shed
That dashboard alone makes me want to keep the mk5 i have outside :dead:

Totally. I love Mk6 dash but that Mk7 looks cheap. I'll reserve my judgement till I see a comparable model spec to ours and can make a comparison.

Whoever made the Vauxhall VX Stylee comment earlier got it bang on. Not cool.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Why change a recipe that's working well for them though? It's a safe, but handsome design IMO. And one that won't go out of date quickly like its rivals. The MkV is still fairly modern looking IMO.

I'd quite like one. They're just too far out of my price bracket for what I'd want though. Must work harder.

53 Clio's & counting
Can't believe this counts as another new marque tbh.

MK5 PH3.

The mk6 was like a face lift mk5, but the mk7 isnt.

The mk7 uses a completely new chassis, so although it looks like a golf, it is in fact a new model - and that was the trick according to all our blirb on it - a brand new car that looks like a familiar old golf - just newer.

Seems to work mind lol.

This new chassis will carry most of the range, it can be extended or shortened as required which will apparently save manufacturing costs.

The GTi version will probably be along about mid year

Don't like it.

It's become very box looking IMO.

I like the curves on my MK5 and the MK6.

Its also got them horrible little windows where the wing mirror should attach too.

My pet hate about all new cars.

Also agree with Dave. The dash in my Mk5 looks leagues ahead of this one.

Last edited:
  Mk7 Golf, Daytona600
I will be getting one at the beginning of April. Not had chance to actually look at one in the flesh yet.

Which model is that one Russ? I'm getting the SE, I wanted a GT but the budget wouldn't reach