ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 Williams Clio

Clio 172
Hi this is my first post.
I only joined yesterday, and thought i would put some pics up of my car.
Its a 2001 Mk2 1.2 Clio, But made to look like a newer Williams.
Hope you like it.

http://s1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii543/JBrady26/

Its Gots Sparco Racing Seats, Luke 4 Point Harnesses, Roll Cage In The Back, Clio Sport Rear Bumper, Centre Of Bumper Exhaust, Back Box Removed, Pipercross Induction Kit, Original 15inch Williams Rims, Lowered 90mm All Round On Apex Springs, Dummy NOS Bottle In Passenger Footwell, ‘Williams’ Stickers On Bonnet, Boot and Doors, F7R Sticker On Bonnet, Nurburgring Renault Sport Sticker On The Boot, Renault Sport Sticker On Side Of Car, All Stickers Are Gold, Multi Coloured Side Lights, Xenon Driving Lights, Xenon High Beems.

Twingo GT
thought the MK1 had the williams?
oh and thats a fire extinguisher than a nos bottle cotball ;)

its... well different, not my cuppa tea in the slightest, be ready to get grilled

RS6 C7
thought the MK1 had the williams?
oh and thats a fire extinguisher than a nos bottle cotball ;)

its... well different, not my cuppa tea in the slightest, be ready to get grilled
Its Gots Sparco Racing Seats, Luke 4 Point Harnesses, Roll Cage In The Back, Clio Sport Rear Bumper, Centre Of Bumper Exhaust, Back Box Removed, Pipercross Induction Kit, Original 15inch Williams Rims, Lowered 90mm All Round On Apex Springs, Dummy NOS Bottle In Passenger Footwell, ‘Williams’ Stickers On Bonnet, Boot and Doors, F7R Sticker On Bonnet, Nurburgring Renault Sport Sticker On The Boot, Renault Sport Sticker On Side Of Car, All Stickers Are Gold, Multi Coloured Side Lights, Xenon Driving Lights, Xenon High Beems.

???

I do actually think it has potential, Looks ok at the minute. You say it's a replica of a newer williams, I thought the Williams were only mk1 clio's ??

Twingo GT

???

I do actually think it has potential, Looks ok at the minute. You say it's a replica of a newer williams, I thought the Williams were only mk1 clio's ??

i posted and then read that bit... sorry dude. each to their own tbh.

RS6 C7
is that the exhaust in the middle of the bumper or is it an anus?

If you change a few bits it would look really good (to me) , Obviously you modify cars how you like them not to suit everyone else so as long as you like it thats all that matters :)

Last edited:
  Clio 172
Yeh sorry. its a newer williams sorry. and yeh its only a 1.2 as im only 17 and couldnt afford the insurance for a sport.
still not finished with it, just thought i would put pics up as i just joined.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I don't like it.

Change the colour of the wheels, take off the million Williams decals and get a cup spoiler and it will look ok.

No such thing as a MK2 williams though is there, so you're repping something that doesn exist, although as said its yours and aslong as you like it. Could look good with a few changes.

Your insurance must be pretty crazy with all the mods insured though?

RS6 C7
No such thing as a MK2 williams though is there, so you're repping something that doesn exist, although as said its yours and aslong as you like it. Could look good with a few changes.

Oh no you didn't !

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Welcome to Cliosport mate :D . Your car might not be everybodys cup of tea but obviously it's your pride n joy :) Ignore any snide comments and you enjoy your car . In general it's not a bad website , don't let a few comments from a few numptys put you off :rasp:

BMW 535d
Its not a Williams though

Isnt it just obvious to 'rep' a mk1 clio as a Williams and a Mk2 clio as a 1*2?

In one way we are trying to save him before he burns himself. Poor lad will only get laughed at when he drives it :(

It looks ok...apart from the silly Williams stickers

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Ignore the haters mate. I thinks it looks pretty good. I wouldn't drive it personally,no. But that's coz I'm nearly 40 years old. Would I have been happy with this at 17 years old? Yes I think I would. Good luck to ya mate.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
tbh, i really dont think it looks that bad!!

i think you should tone it back a little though. as you say, its a 1.2, its not a sport, and it never will be...

so take off the williams stickers, take off the F7R sticker, and all the renault sport sticker /2.0 16v badges because they just makes you look like a chav trying to make people think you car is fast when it isnt!!

i personally think the exhaust is quite cool, and williams wheels work really well on a mk2!

Golf 7R
Ive seen it around Harlow, usually parked outside Kwik Fit?!

The wheels look ok, but the exhaust, stickers, Dummy Nos bottle, not for me.

Civic Type R
Well .. its not my cup of tea, but you have obviously spent quite a lot of money on it..

Don't understand the Williams replica, it looks nothing like a Williams, or a sport... Do you know what a Williams is ?

Anyway, take the advice above and ditch the stickers .. should look OK then, at the moment its seriously chavvy.

Clio 197
Hi this is my first post.
I only joined yesterday, and thought i would put some pics up of my car.
Its a 2001 Mk2 1.2 Clio, But made to look like a newer Williams.
Hope you like it.

http://s1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii543/JBrady26/

You have made a bit of effort with this car :approve:

ignore the comments above - we were all the same with our first car wanting to give it a personal touch and make it our own.

Welcome to the club.

NonSport Clio
Holy Williams Batman, ive seen that exhaust somewhere before?

Turbine-powered-Batmobile_2.jpg

I do like the wheels though

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Well, it's different.

The stickers/badges/blue font when posting need to go though.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Agreed, cages are pretty hard to get insurance for when you are young.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
FLOL, just seen the "F7R inside" sticker.

What the hell is the point of that, surely most people wouldnt know what an F7R is, and those that do know would also know you havent got one, lol

Someone : "So whats an F7R then?"
You : "Its a renault clio williams engine"
Someone : "Oh cool, is that what you have got in your car then?"
You : "No"

n/a
Like the look of the car mate but I would personally take off the stickers and badges as less is more sometimes(more smarter and less chavy) get a sport front bumper and sort the exhaust out. That would be a class 1st car to own then imo :-D