ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 Golf

GTD, Lupo
Looks like a good base. i know it has been said that you paid £2500 for this but i cant get if you are being serious. Did you really pay that??

Any rust? Scuttle panel, petrol cap? windscreen?

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
only got a little rust around petrol cap and and half windscreen iirc? £2500 bargain tbh! :)

GTD, Lupo
only got a little rust around petrol cap and and half windscreen iirc? £2500 bargain tbh! :)

Best get the rust round the windscreen checked out. Might only look like a little scab patch from outside but can be a totally different story once you start to dig a little deeper. Lost a stunning 16v in tornado red to a little rust round the windscreen :( £2500 is anything but a bargain tbh.

Rb 182
Not much been happening with this but managed a little work on it so thought i'd update people who are interested.

When i got the car i bought it with engine problems. Well more like cooling issues, the water pump has packed in and the guy thought the head had been damaged. A quick strip down, check and compression test show no issues bar the water pump, and even had it running for a few seconds (Which was nice since i got it as a non runner!). This obviously saves money buying a new engine plus the hassle of fitting it etc. It'll get the usual service parts, along with a water pump, t/belt and a rocker gasket to cure a leak it's got.

DSC00170.jpg

Joy!

Also got another a mint set of early wolfsburg badges.

DSC00171.jpg

Other than that i've managed to get it up in the air with the front wheels off for engine access and for the brakes/suspension overhall.

Since most bits are being taken off i'm doing my best to clean up as much as poss.

DSC00168.jpg

Clean bolt. Sad i know.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Not bad ;) Smoked stuff ftl though. I feel much better about spending what I did on my MK1 now too!

Rb 182
Recieved a few bits from Dingbro.

Water pump, timing belt kit, rocker gasket, oil, fuel and air filters, oil.

DSC00177.jpg

Should keep me busy. ;)

Rb 182
Been pretty busy buying bits and working away on it trying to get it on the road. Not many pics as most of the stuff isn't even interesting.

A few pics. New wheels, from Stu off here.

DSC00188.jpg

Need to sort out a set of bolts and spiggot rings for them then i'll be looking to re-paint them.

Also whilst at the breakers found a nice set of door pins to replace the "golf tee" ones that came with the car, the new "microphone" ones came from a Seat.

DSC00191.jpg

Other than that i've been working on getting the suspension replaced (Coilovers have been ordered) and working on the engine. The new water pump and timing belt are awiating fitment once i've managed to get enough free time to do them.

\0/

Rb 182
turbines look ace on mk2's. Paint them antra and your onto a winner :D

Wasnt sure what colour to go for.

I'd like to polish them up but, 1. I dont have the time 2. i dont think i could keep them good. I was thinking a nice silver but big John suggested a matte silver.

Fiesta ST-3
I attempted polishing mine up, literally not worth the hassle to get into the blades. They have to go silver with a 165/50 tbh :)

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
I miss they wheels already :dapprove: but defo a sparkly silver, or a light anthracite :cool: how did you get on with your nipples? ;)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I just nicked a golf tee one from a scrappy for mine. Hid it in my shoe because I'm a badman.

Rb 182
Update:

From Belgium to Scotland in 3 days. Pretty good I thought. Fitted soon.
DSC00195.jpg

Also replaced all the exhaust mounting rubbbers. Exciting!
DSC00193.jpg

Bought more stuff inc screen wash wooooooooopppppppp :quiet:

DSC00194.jpg

kthanx etc

Rb 182
Me and John did quite a bit of work on the mk2 last night which i'm very happy with. Got both front coilovers built up and on and one of the rears. The other rear unit is built up awaiting fitting, but due to a snapped bleed nipple im leaving it off as it gives slightly better access.

DSC00196.jpg

(I like my copper grease!!)

I also bought my self a single lamp grill, think this will look better than the twin gti/driver set up it had before.

DSC00197.jpg

It feels like a project now that there are some bits going back on, and less like im stripping it for scrap.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
shame its a mk2 but the effort is good :p

ps i have 3 brand new water pumps in the garage you could have had for i less than what i assume you paid for yours lol