ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK2 FRS.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
With all of these MK2 FRS threads popping up, I thought I'd jump myself on to the bandwagon and pop up a couple of pictures aswell.

opinions for and against gladly welcomed.

AB3329E8-331C-493B-826A-5DFBC80B1B7C-2418-000002DCCD6508CF.jpg

AE3A55AB-F289-4DCB-A897-0C4849CF46CA-2418-000002DCD49261DA.jpg

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Bloody things are everywhere on here, almost as common as AMV8's, lol.

Looks great though Kelv!

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Looks great mate, I love it with the gloss black wheels and the airtec logo'd intercooler. I have the black series on my ST with a PB airtec logo its so subtle you can't even see it lol!

Another Revo fan :cool:

Are mud flaps the first thing fitted to any rs ford? Lol. Looks nice mate.

Of course ST's too :eek:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
WHta's with the Revo stickers? Do you get discount for putting them on? Every second car I see these days has big ones.

Craig's Cupra is the only one i've seen them really work on.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Shows all other road users it's been tinkered with and therefore not to bother because it'll eat them alive.

Looks mean as f*ck!

They look a little try hard but then again so does Black wheels these days, I must be getting old.

Gally, have you considered that some people don't have time to clean their wheels thrice a day with cotton buds? Black wheels can be a practical option for some, as they all end up black anyway. Quite frankly, dirty silver wheels look s**t.

EDIT: and the RS' wheels are a nightmare to clean :eek:

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Very nice.

Against the stickers but then my reasons are like the reasons I like mine debadged.. Looks like a 170hp oil burner not a 380bhp 3.0tt..
but not much point in buying a FRS for a q car!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
When I said Black wheels I meant more towards the FRS, they can look superb on some cars agreed.

Turbos.
Gloss black wheels look utter toss because it makes the tyres look brown. Matt finish is the only way to go.

Have to say, considering it is a hardly a subtle car, i would have kept with silver wheels. My sister moaned about me last week for fitter her winter wheels on her Polo with no hubcaps. She said "Now i look like a boy racer!" So for many, black wheels are deemed a bit of a barry mod...

I bet you get every little cnut try and take you on in that, so imagine the stickers serve a purpose!

Clio 197 Cup
stunning again,love these cars

personally i'd remove the revo sticker and i'm not fussed on the badged up intercooler,less is more in my eyes...

i'm guessing its running spacers as well,lovely stance

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Cheers for the responses guys, I am fully aware that the green is a 'marmite' colour, you definetly either love it or hate it.
i didn't want to go OTT with the looks, it already stands out like a sore thumb anyhow, so the way it looks is how I am happy with it, even tho I did once change to Comp MO's, but soon changed back.

i had always said I'd have a white one, I liked the green but wasnt sure if I could live with it long term, until this one popped up.
id say it became an impulse purchase, the spec / miles / condition ticked everything I wanted to the dot, and I truly fell in love with it, but I am a ford RS man anyhow.

purchased at a year old with 4k on the clock and came from a ford dealer parts manager at a branch in Essex, specced how he had wanted it and came with a boot full of ford treats, but completely standard and that's what I wanted.
something to be a family car but able to still have an enthusiastic bit of Ford RS fun.

it didn't last long tho, owned 3 - 4 weeks before it went off to Rob @ SCC for the 400bhp kit, but retaining the standard Exhaust from the cat back as I wanted to keep it quiet for normal driving.
it did well tho, a few weeks later on an independent set of rollers it came out at 395bhp/440lbft.
id like to go further, but for its little use and still über low miles, I like to keep it tucked away and kept as clean as possible under its dust sheet when possible, and with other toys and a now growing family I can't see the need to alter the way it now is.

its not for everyone, but it certainly caters for my tastes and needs, and after almost 2 yrs of ownership i have no future plans to part with it :)