ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Clio, 1.4 RT

Inferno182

ClioSport Trader
  172 Track M3RS Track
Well being 18 having a driving licence, but no car i decided to go down the mk1 clio retro route!! (so glad i did). with it being fairly cheap to insure....Still over £2000!!!!!

03032011298.jpg

i bought this little cheeky little number for £300 not bad tbh seen astho it only needed new brakes etc...

03032011296.jpg

Came with bucket seats too, not bad for £300 ahha :p
03032011301.jpg

With bein a student and money being tight i started with the cheap and cheerful mods. Firstly Painting the hidious grey bumper strips (front and back), door handles, sunroof surround and washer run all matt black...

03062011051.jpg

Next was stickers!.. i went through a faise of buying all the stickkers i could and plastering my car in them (espicially Fast car Ones :| and lasted all of a week !!)... Also notice the nice dint in my door for some women doing as they do and not being able to drive !!!!!
05062011066.jpg

05062011065.jpg

With it coming up to september i thought id treat her to some new shoes... and bought some nice mk3 clio alloys...
10082011124.jpg

And on my to see how much it needs lowering ;)
IMG_3674.jpg

It clearly is to high, decided to get some collies for it on the 5th sept... Wooohhoooo god bless student finance :p.

i thought with it only being a 1.4 im better off not spending loads of money on the engine and booked it in at k-tec for a full engine service its lowering in septeember.. whilst i was on the website spent a lil money on some k-tec stickers for it too. changes the opinion of the car completely..
19082011127.jpg
21082011135.jpg

.Oh de-wipered of course.

Im set to get some spacers for it and try and sort out my rust problem :/.. not sure what else to do tbh dunno wether i like the fully smoothed bumpers etc :/... open to any suggestions tho :p

182 BG
I've done a Dark Tint on the rear of mine.. Looks good in my opinion, the cars a dark blue mind... Different tastes I guess, try photoshop'ing some on, see how they look? You got a serious bargin on that though!!

Inferno182

ClioSport Trader
  172 Track M3RS Track
I've done a Dark Tint on the rear of mine.. Looks good in my opinion, the cars a dark blue mind... Different tastes I guess, try photoshop'ing some on, see how they look? You got a serious bargin on that though!!

Well i have yeaaa photoshoped it a fair bit tbh.. slammed and stanced ahha looks sweeeeet :p the looks good with tints tbh gunna go for light tints tho i think... yea i knoww the paintworks a bit of a let down or id take it to shows once its finished,, suppose i gotta spend my £3k uni money on something :p ahha

Grande 1.2
mate you wana get this looking as retro as you possibly can! haha get some rust on it!!

edit- chuck the steelies back on! look sick:cool:

Inferno182

ClioSport Trader
  172 Track M3RS Track
mate you wana get this looking as retro as you possibly can! haha get some rust on it!!

People at North west car cruise said go a little bit ratty but id rather have the paintwork spotless :D god am ocd and that eh :/

Grande 1.2
haha yeah cool get it looking nice and polished, honestly though id keep the steelies on, or get some 15" alloys.

ive got those wheels youve just put on on my 2001 1.2 lol there to modern for your retro beast ;)

Inferno182

ClioSport Trader
  172 Track M3RS Track
haha yeah cool get it looking nice and polished, honestly though id keep the steelies on, or get some 15" alloys.

ive got those wheels youve just put on on my 2001 1.2 lol there to modern for your retro beast ;)

They are 15"s... there not on yett thoo waiting for some uni money for some decent tiress haha

Slam it and get some banded steelies on it :)

Im thinking about it tbh ... depends how lowwwww i can goo if all goes well i might have some custum made G60s for it ;)

edit- chuck the steelies back on! look sick:cool:

Gunna go banded tbh :p

Mk3 dci
depends how much you can spend :) coilies look the dogs and you can slam it, i dropped 45mm just with springs :)

Inferno182

ClioSport Trader
  172 Track M3RS Track
depends how much you can spend :) coilies look the dogs and you can slam it, i dropped 45mm just with springs :)

soon as septmebr comes uni money ahha :p... wel K-tec go a full lowering package for it trsion bar and everything for £175 + vat.. for up to 55mm... seriously tempted :p

Mk3 dci
soon as septmebr comes uni money ahha :p... wel K-tec go a full lowering package for it trsion bar and everything for £175 + vat.. for up to 55mm... seriously tempted :p

Go for it mate, can't argue with £175 for that :)

Also, you coming Krispy Kremes on the 3rd?

Inferno182

ClioSport Trader
  172 Track M3RS Track
Go for it mate, can't argue with £175 for that :)

Also, you coming Krispy Kremes on the 3rd?

haha ino :p ... wont roll around like a boat anymore either :') hahah :p... and im not sure pal i work weekends and that so im nto sure :/... il let you know ... you myt see myt car there sooo ... nt asif alot of mk1's go ;) ahha

Mk3 dci
haha ino :p ... wont roll around like a boat anymore either :') hahah :p... and im not sure pal i work weekends and that so im nto sure :/... il let you know ... you myt see myt car there sooo ... nt asif alot of mk1's go ;) ahha

Haha very true.. Oh gutted lad, hope you make it, it'd be good to see the car