ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk1 172 conversion

pulsar gtir, astra sxi
hi, im busy fitting a 172 engine into a mk1 1.2 clio shell. i have took the engine out of a clio williams shell.
when i go to start the engine it turns over but there is no fuel, cant here the fuel pump running either.
i noticed in the williams shell where the engine loom joined interior loom it was connected buy a large brown plug, + a white wire from a relay on the 172 loom was joined to a wire on the williams interior loom. does anyone know what this wire is for? as there is no matching wire on the 1.2 interior loom to splice it into.

pic of wire on williams loom, may not be much good.

DSC00451.jpg

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
From what i was told when i was doing my conversion, you need to run the full 172 loom(inside/engine)

The white wire is probably the fuel pump live...

You dont need to run the 172 interior loom at all, we haven't...

'92 172, Lotus Elise
which williams did it come out of? not the one done by hill power was it? (from birmingham iirc)

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
This is the most freaky-est thing in the world. I'm doing the same thing, putting one in a 1.2. Tried turning it over but no fuel etc.

Freaky

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My fuel pump was seized as a result of not being used. Cranked it over whist a mate tapped it and it fired up.

Buzzzzzzzz..... Sweet music to our ears! lol.

pulsar gtir, astra sxi
had the car started with easystart today so i know its sparking. still not getting the fuel pump to run. i have getting the brown wire from the fuel pump relay wired up now.
i noticed there is another wire (number 2 on relay), it seems to be grey coming out relay then changes to black within 10mm, this wire is not attached to anything. on autodata it says the the wire from pin2 on the relay is violet and goes to pin 9 on the ecu, but there is already a white wire into pin 9. does anyone know where this wire from the relay goes?

pulsar gtir, astra sxi
the 1 that is on the 172 loom. it had 2 cut wires on it. i have 1 wired up but theres a wire from pin 2 on the relay that im not sure where it goes.

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
^^ common problem that

mine used to do it now and again as the connector pins get worn, uprated fuel pump and connector and its never done it since