ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK 1 Old School... Turbo

Punto/Clio GTT
sunroof bonded in

IMG00614-20120620-1716.jpg

bonnet filled

IMG00613-20120620-1716.jpg

IMG00612-20120620-1716.jpg

bonnet primed, just needs guidecoating and the line straightening up, few pin holes to fill in aswell

IMG00618-20120620-2007.jpg

Punto/Clio GTT
bit of work today before the football. making sure everything fits properly now, so when i come to rebuilt it when its painted, i aint gonna scratch anything messing about.
adjusted bonnet,
fit hockey sticks,
ph2 grille ive had to modify slightly as i have no way of mounting it with the angel eyes. ive had to fabricate a couple of little rubber mounts to go on the bumper, then it will be screwed and fixed to the bumper.
headlights all working fine,
sunroof aint leaking,
centre console in roof all fit back together and painted black.

considering spraying the top dash black and the A pillar trims too along with the sil trims. i want all the inside as black as possible! few pics i took today, its getting there! back bumper needs mounting properly tomorrow, i know its on the piss

DSCF2822.jpg

DSCF2824.jpg

DSCF2826.jpg

DSCF2832.jpg

DSCF2837.jpg

DSCF2841.jpg

DSCF2842.jpg

DSCF2843.jpg

DSCF2844.jpg

DSCF2845.jpg

also anyone know what make of springs these are?

DSCF2831.jpg

Punto/Clio GTT
pmsl aint my house, its the old mans, only moved in last sunday, ive done the back garden and the front garden, just aint touched the side as its rained all week :\

Rb 182
pmsl it still leaked??? what you do, rivet and bond it?

i did have a sheet of perspex i was gonna cut down to size and bolt/bond it down, but i just went for cutting it all out and resealing it, ill probably need to do it again next year!

Tiger seal and rivets yup, still leaked !

Punto/Clio GTT
just got back from matbrowns yard, pretty f**king epic back garden tbh! lol, cheers for the stuff mate

few progress pics from today, managed to get 1 side done ready for painting. the yellow primer had been on for a couple of years and not flatted, my god it was such a b**ch to wetsand!

bought me a new tube of stopper aswell, £12, bye pinholes!

DSCN0809.jpg

rear quarter flatted n cleaned

DSCN0797.jpg

inner door scotched n scratches sanded out, primed, flatted

DSCN0799.jpg

door flatted, nightmare to do, ended up putting a bit more primer on as there was scratches to flat out

DSCN0802.jpg

quarter done

DSCN0810.jpg

door done

DSCN0811.jpg

wing done

DSCN0812.jpg

stuff i bought today

- battery
- carpet
- boot carpet
- inner quarter plastics
- inner arch carpets
- boot carpet
- parcel shelf
- subframes for seats

tomorrow i gotta hoover the carpet, fit that, fit subframes n seats, fit boot carpet, quarter plastics, parcel shelf. then if i get time ill flat the bonnet, other side of the car and the roof. wednesday ill do the bumpers and just go over everything. should be ready to paint by wednesday if the weathers good

Rs200
looking good my friend, when i saw that that yellow primer hadnt been flatted i felt like commenting there and then but i thought i would carry on reading lol take it you do body repair and prep? currently what im doing. coming along nice tho matey looking forward to seeing it in paint

Punto/Clio GTT
cheers dude. yeah body repairer since i left school 12 years ago, can paint too, but most places ive worked ive mostly done repairs. how long you been doing bodywork?

Punto/Clio GTT
monster day, im knackered!

new stuffs

DSCF2850.jpg

DSCF2851.jpg

DSCF2852.jpg

DSCF2853.jpg

DSCF2854.jpg

carpet cleaned

DSCF2855.jpg

DSCF2848.jpg

DSCF2856.jpg

DSCF2865.jpg

dirty console, cleaned with no bucket method, tea towel and flash spray

DSCF2858.jpg

DSCF2863.jpg

alloy footrest plate removed and old one cleaned up, looks better i think

DSCF2864.jpg

seats in carpet in

DSCF2869.jpg

DSCF2868.jpg

DSCF2867.jpg

DSCF2870.jpg

DSCF2871.jpg

carpet has no marks or real wear and tear tbh, comes up immaculate, same with seats, no signs of wear, no rips or anything, interior looks good!, just need to tidy the dash up, gonna paint top dash black i think along with sil section trims and A pillar trims

bit sketchy going under there to do up the subframe nuts lol

DSCF2866.jpg

rear quarter plastics in, belts in,although i have no idea where it anchors down

DSCF2874.jpg

DSCF2876.jpg

where the f**k does this bolt too??? i looked under seats, on rear quarter, couldnt see it?

DSCF2875.jpg

hooked the new battery up too to test stuff and everything is working as it should except the clock, dunno wtf is up with it, makes a noise but dont move :S

tommorrow im gonna carry on with the wetsanding, hoover the boot carpet and fit that with the arch carpets

Punto/Clio GTT
i must have sat in my boot for about 30 minutes trying to get the rear belt to open up for me so i could thread it though the quarter plastic. the buckle was like an inch away from the actual reel and no matter what angle i put it, it just would not reel out -.- nightmare

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I can't help you there mate, i've never touched a rear belt in a mk1.

pm Russ16v. iirc, he stripped his mk1.

Trophy
where the f**k does this bolt too??? i looked under seats, on rear quarter, couldnt see it?

DSCF2875.jpg

hooked the new battery up too to test stuff and everything is working as it should except the clock, dunno wtf is up with it, makes a noise but dont move :S

tommorrow im gonna carry on with the wetsanding, hoover the boot carpet and fit that with the arch carpets[/QUOTE]

If you look just infront of the rear seat upright with the lower part lifted/removed you will see the mounting point, even more noticeable if you had the rear doorcards as it goes though them.

Punto/Clio GTT
actually! im guessing its behind my ally quarter sheet if it goes through original plastic trim? does it bolt to the inner arch skin? and come up through the quarter plastic?

Rs200
been doing repair and prep work for about a year now mate, all i work on tho is prestige vehicles, mercedes, porsche lambos that type of thing

Rs200
haha only way ive learnt mate is being thrown in at the deep end, im a fully tained technician aswell longed it out at college for all that shizzle, left school a year early to do that, and never thought having all the grades etc for mechanical i would end up body shop but oh well moneys money i spose, i enjoy it just not endless amounts of filler work pin holes to ruin all your flatting etc, Dash wise what paint you thinking of using might join you on painting that?

Punto/Clio GTT
gonna just give it a grey scotch in some soapy water, get rid of any silicone. panel wipe, then i reckon itd be alright using just satin/matt black paint. parts aint gonna be moved at all, rarely touched. think the only movement from the dash will be from bumps in the road and engine vibration, should be fine!

ill be using these on my trim pieces and top dash http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/x2-SIMONI...ssories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item43a8d411e9

gave a nice finish on my centre console in the roof

Punto/Clio GTT
done a bit of work today, just the bonnet, started late n i was volunteered to cook the tea, for 8! spag bol it was :p

ran out of primer so could only go over bits of baremetal and a few other places, couple more tins ordered

how it was

IMAG0002.jpg

wetflatting progress, sanding out scratches, lots of scratches

IMAG0003.jpg

getting my line straight

IMAG0004.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg

flatted

IMAG0006.jpg

stone chips filled with stopper

IMAG0007.jpg

primering

IMG00765-20120627-2057.jpg

and how i left it for tonight

IMAG0009.jpg

busy tomorrow, so friday ill hopefully have the primer and ill be able to finish that off and the front where the badge was, then sand the side. the side looks alright tbh, hoping it will sand down nicely, definatly wish id have just put a new bonnet on it now, but then again id still have had to fill dents and took out chips, so i guess the effort was worth it

pic of my daughter playing with my sisters new cat, Boo!

IMAG0001.jpg

Fiesta ST3
Really good read mate! The new carpet came up really nicely too, and I cant wait to see more :)

(im also jealous of the kitten)

Rs200
woahh lots of stopper, ive only ever been taught to use stopper very very finely just as to fill in the chip, ( call it chipping up ) then wet flat, yours looks so thick :S progress is good tho man

Punto/Clio GTT
woahh lots of stopper, ive only ever been taught to use stopper very very finely just as to fill in the chip, ( call it chipping up ) then wet flat, yours looks so thick :S progress is good tho man

yeah you should only really use it as a really tight skim, and you put in 2 or 3 tight skims to fill a chip. but it was getting late + im lazy and i just wanted it filled in 1 go, so made it a little thicker

Punto/Clio GTT
goodies

new spray gun, bargain at £23, pots big too (600m). fully adjustable, 1.4 nozzle, filter pot inside the cup.
new exhaust rubber mount
couple cans of black spraypaint for painting topdash, other plastics, scuttle, door handles, boot lock etc
and few tak rags for when im painting

IMAG0017.jpg

Punto/Clio GTT
another monster day -.-

----

top dash out

IMAG0030-1.jpg

quarter plastic out

IMAG0031-1.jpg

dash painted

IMAG0033-1.jpg

colour compared to original colour (same as quarter plastic)

IMAG0032-1.jpg

refit, i think it came out mint tbh, looks awesome, freshens the dash up

IMAG0037-1.jpg

IMAG0038.jpg

IMAG0040.jpg

IMAG0044.jpg

shoulda cleaned my window really lol

IMAG0045.jpg

quarter plastic painted and fit, again, looks great i think

IMAG0052.jpg

IMAG0050.jpg

from grey

IMAG0053.jpg

to black

IMAG0055.jpg

how the boot looked

IMAG0056.jpg

side carpet in, battery earthed

IMAG0058.jpg

carpet in, other side carpet in, parcel shelf in

IMAG0060.jpg

then i went onto the prepping

appature prepped ready to paint

IMAG0069.jpg

door flatted, i remember i only put 1 coat of primer on this so it rubbed off so quick :\

IMAG0070.jpg

wing flatted

IMAG0071.jpg

both reprimed, literally just gonna scuffpad them over and they will be ready to paint

IMAG0072.jpg

tomorrow gonna flat the quarter, tailgate, 2 bumpers and roof, then itll be ready to paint

Punto/Clio GTT
cheers dude!

ok, FINALLY, the car is ready to paint :D finished everything off today

quarter flatted, chips filled

IMAG0080.jpg

roof flatted

IMAG0082.jpg

IMAG0083.jpg

IMAG0085.jpg

roof scratches filled n couple of chips

IMAG0086.jpg

quarter reprimed

IMAG0088.jpg

bonnet primed

IMAG0091.jpg

back bumper flatted and chips filled

IMAG0092.jpg

bumper reprimed, has been flatted n its ready for paint

IMAG0095.jpg

front bumper flatted n primer, has been flatted aswell ready to paint

IMAG0099.jpg

entire car gone over with P500 scuffpad wet just to get rid of any overspray from primer and to scuff any bits i'd missed previously

IMAG0103.jpg

car cleaned, 1 bowl with fairy liquid method

IMAG0105.jpg

IMAG0106.jpg

IMAG0107.jpg

IMAG0108.jpg

IMAG0109.jpg

paints being bought next week, vauxhall glacier white. need to get few other bits aswell, hardener, panel wipe, thinners, masking paper, masking tape. then its going to my cousins not this friday, next friday and ill be painting it all over the weekend, excited!

Punto/Clio GTT
heater matrix came today, rapid delivery from GSF car parts and also the cheapest around!

IMAG0128.jpg

dash out n pulled forward following the guide on williamsclio. never really done anything as extensive as this before, but i managed it. was a ballache to get it out, but it went back in nice n easy, just gotta get some coolant now and flush the system properly

IMAG0131.jpg

IMAG0132.jpg

old one out, compared to new one

IMAG0135.jpg

in total, probably took me an hour n 15 minutes to take the old one out and put the new one in, aint fitted the dash back together yet as i wanna run boost pipes through the dash

Punto/Clio GTT
oh and the sunroofs still f**king leaking haha

ive found that its coming in at the actual glass, it dont sit flush with the rubber seal, theres a small gap and its running down to the inside. dunno what im gonna do yet