ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

miss-fire

clio sport 172, 2002
can anone help my clio 172, when ideling it sounds like its not running right, its like coughing, like miss-fire but when reved abit it sounds ok, any ideas??? steve:dapprove:​

Clio MkII 172 K reg
If you open the bonnet an come close to intake mainfold, can you hear "tick" sound ? If so, You are right about the problem. Cure will be plugs or HT leads or Coilpack.

ballistic jap missile!!!
plug recesses on the wifes car recently had water in them causing this problem,i had to take the intake off and dry them with tissue.gave no warning signs nor had been washed under there.
the reason its fine when you rev it is because you're sending more ower through the lead with in turn allows it to travel the gap better.

hope this helps.

Clio182
had the same problem myself this week - changed the coils but still no joy - turns out its a blocked O2 sensor
- could be plugs (though these are ok for 72,000 apparently)
- would get it diagnosed by a dealer first before forking out