ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Misfiring or just because I'm in the wrong gear?

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I'm not sure if my car is misfiring or just juddering because I've took the corner in the wrong gear. Is there any foolproof way to test if a car is misfiring under load?

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Probably misfiring, my 1.2 started with age and eventually stopped firing on one cylinder all together. A new coil pack cost me about £50/60 from Partco.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Just been done, brand new plugs around a week ago. Only thing I can think off is those rubber caps in the end of the HT leads, cut them out as they got stuck on top of my spark plugs and couldn't get them out. Could be the reason its misfiring I suppose, but unlikely.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
put it in 5th at about 30mph 2000rpm and then accelerate will be under load and miss if its going too.

if you have the recite for the coil pack take it back as it will have a 12 month warranty.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
put it in 5th at about 30mph 2000rpm and then accelerate will be under load and miss if its going too.

This is good, but the misfire could appear at high rpm or right down low at idle. I find that going as slow as possible in 2nd, then doing a full pull right through the rev range is pretty good for detecting misfires, as you won't be accelerating quickly enough that a 'bad spot' at, say 2500-2700rpm would be missed, yet you won't take so long to accelerate that you'll run out of room everywhere you try to do it (obviously a safe place is recommended), or be going at super silly speeds by the time you've finished.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Definitely misfiring. I try to use higher gears as much as possible, so looks like coil pack.. a garage did it I used to got to. How cheap can I get them? Brand new ofc!

Tried the 5th gear trick, happens the most in 2nd when I put my foot dowb.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Used one similar to that, was PARTS25 I believe. Got a coilpack for £33. Going to pick it up today, mines the one with 4 torx bolts. One question, how do I fit it? As in, which lead goes into which plug? Is there a diagram? Cheers guys!

Suzuki Ignis Sport
All done, got a coilpack for £33 with PARTS25 from ECP. Fitted in car park, running sweet now! Cheers guys for all your help :)