ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mini cs meet today at Glentress (MTB)

muz

big fat japanese bus
few of us headed to Glentress to do some mountain biking trails today and here are the piccies

The tyre is ally's - he ended up on the deck as that happened while he was moving, not long after he had crocked his ankle falling off!

DSC06651.jpg

DSC06654.jpg

DSC06650.jpg

DSC06653.jpg

DSC06649.jpg

DSC06658.jpg

DSC06657.jpg

DSC06321.jpg

Aye, wasn't the best of days for me :(

I'm actually really pissed off about those crashes - the initial one was a perfectly normal bit of track, slight braking bumps going into a wide corner not going particularly quickly, second one just bemuses me. I'm guessing it was a combination of the tyres being too soft, then rolling off the rim as I turned and just happened to catch the edge of ta braking bump all at the same time. Feck knows if that's what really happened but it's my best guess!

The injuries - not so good :(. No broken bones but got a lot of soft tissue damage in my right ankle and I've damaged the ligaments (according to my own personal Doc - my missus ;)). Don't know how long I'll be off the bike but I'm certainly off driving for the next few days (or longer?) until I can actually put some weight into my right foot. Hopefully it'll be better for the roadtrip in a fortnight...

I'd just like to say cheers to everyone for their concern (and for not taking the piss - too much) and helping me get back to the Hub. I'll be back out in no time kicking all your asses again :evil:

Cool pics BTW :)
Ally

muz

big fat japanese bus
your ankle does not sound good - I think that the first crash was caused by some sort of issue with the front tyre as it just seem to slip from underneath you for no reason, think there is problems there

p.s. wonder if you could sue;)

tiTTy & SV650
doh! was a bit concerning, thought your collar bone had gone at first Ally, pheww.

Kenda tyre group buy anyone?

Banana
Thanks for telling me about this meet guys :mad:
If I was there, I'd have shown you how to fall ;)
Hope the ankle heals soon Ally.

muz

big fat japanese bus
Thanks for telling me about this meet guys :mad:
If I was there, I'd have shown you how to fall ;)
Hope the ankle heals soon Ally.

sorry mate wasnt really planned/organised - I was going with the missus, a mate and his missus and it sort of snowballed from there!