ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Summer Valley Run (Elan Valley / Blackmountain) 11-07-15 (PIC HEAVY)

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Put this in general media, seeing as (in true cliosport fashion) there were only a couple of clios and the rest, well.. they were not lol

The day for me, started by leaving the house at 6:55am to drive up to Merthyr for 9am.. didnt want to be late, managed to arrive at 8:40ish

Sat waiting a short while and slowly a few others started to arrive.. Happys days.. anyway.. we set of for Elan valley and thats where I started taking photos.. My GoPro SD card corrupted, so my video footage of the day is gone 😧 - sorry!

If some one would like to tag all the people who came, I didnt catch everyones name! @Filters

had the camera set to auto, and using photobucket, not the best quality but you get the idea!

DSCF1213_zpsrdwrugb0.jpg

DSCF1214_zpszgdz1lct.jpg

DSCF1216_zpsdr0rqkve.jpg

DSCF1222_zps6wabqi38.jpg

DSCF1239_zpskd1tahz5.jpg

DSCF1240_zpsyib8yql1.jpg

DSCF1243_zps80ba9ft2.jpg

DSCF1242_zpsken5att1.jpg

DSCF1244_zps7h73xpxu.jpg

DSCF1249_zpsf8z4gl2q.jpg

DSCF1252_zpsktswkchb.jpg

DSCF1253_zpsxptcwecq.jpg

DSCF1255_zpsgmeinztx.jpg

DSCF1261_zpsrtxjibhu.jpg

From here we moved on abit, and got stuck behind a coach, on the narrowest, twistiest road of the day.. so we decided to pull over and wait for it to feck off for a while so we could have abit more of a blast up the road..

DSCF1270_zpshjs0iyzd.jpg

DSCF1271_zpsnanwo2ta.jpg

DSCF1273_zpsx7rsbzes.jpg

This is where I stopped taking photos and got the gopro out, im truly gutted all my footage is dead.. after lots of miles of 3rd gear 7k rpm boosting, we stopped for food, and from here, some went home, and a few of us carried on up the black mountain! we had a hoot!! and then we stopped at what felt like the top of the world! what a view!!

DSCF1277_zpsyome2tcg.jpg

DSCF1279_zpse6q1dpae.jpg

DSCF1281_zpsbhhtklea.jpg

While sitting around a little while and taking in the scenery.. Filters decided to go hunt a red R35 GTR.. the noises from down the valley were exciting, I caught a few snaps from his return lol

DSCF1285_zps4thg9v3n.jpg

DSCF1286_zpsqaimau9t.jpg

DSCF1288_zps2vfsvqtd.jpg

DSCF1289_zpsue0uedqf.jpg

I guess the excitement really got to him.. he wet himself! (told you it was going on the forum)

DSCF1290_zpszqwskrfv.jpg

DSCF1291_zpsdkzyy53v.jpg

We moved the another spot where you could see for miles!! and of course, it wouldnt be wales without sheep!

DSCF1292_zpsileay3qb.jpg

DSCF1293_zpshjsxnfx9.jpg

DSCF1295_zpsqr4q228e.jpg

DSCF1296_zpslohdjgst.jpg

DSCF1297_zpsrimfs3n5.jpg

DSCF1283_zpsjxurghng.jpg

DSCF1263_zpsxcw1qaao.jpg

DSCF1264_zpssgxb2pf2.jpg

DSCF1301_zps6d33d1zw.jpg

And filters felt like a king.. for a moment at least lol

f6cf7fbd-01b1-4a89-b149-966a0916828d_zps7jtt02tr.jpg

DSCF1303_zpsp8imdx5k.jpg

And thats pretty much where we ended the meet, we split up and went our separate ways.. What can I say.. 250 odd miles, lots of booooooost, smiles, and a few.. interesting moments.. I had a blast.. but sadly.. it ended rather badly for my self

I knew the car had been using oil, but I was keeping an eye on the levels all day, and even now the level is showing bang on the full marker

on my way home (15 miles from my house) cruising at 60mph my engine cut out and I lost all power, despite trying to restart her, she was having none of it, so I coasted to a safe location and called the RAC, after a van turned up, and a quick inspection we think the engine has seized.. so I had the car towed to my mates garage where it will live until I decide to rebuild her, or break her for parts.. we'll see!

132B69FE-0870-48B1-A641-3E82AC25141D-20795-00000AFDE708A128_zpslbxq6cg9.jpg

0FCC17EB-2F6C-42A7-A75E-CD595EDB30AF-20795-00000AFDED8DB91E_zpsnvgi5ngt.jpg

9C9EDB17-E516-4D82-AE65-1EB5A086CBCF-20795-00000AFDF2310C24_zps7ltq4gkg.jpg

55A94B81-5178-4DD2-A322-3F3A2F0546F2-20795-00000AFDF6752705_zpsphfffwvs.jpg

and thats where the day ended for me, returning home at 11:45pm... a long day to say the least, but ive really enjoyed it and it was nice to meet some new faces!

who knows what the future will hold but I will be up for the run again, in what ever car I end up in next..

Cheers all that came! and cheers for taking time to read my story and see my photos..

Thanks.

C2 vts
Brilliant mate. Good to meet a few normal people. And the crazy angry bike man obviously.
Next time i wont have the c2 i'll have a clio haha. Good day though cracking drive but sadly i twisted a driveshaft on the way home haha

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Looked like fun, the state of your engine does not sound like fun. Lol.

Bad luck dude :(

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
I'm actually amazed how well the c2 held its own against the 'quicker' cars, pretty good fun!

I'm also amazed how much abuse my scoob took, on the narrowest, twistiest, quietest roads, in the middle of literally no where, with no chance of phone signal or people getting passed if I did break down.. And then she lets go on the widest, busiest, slowest stretch of road on the way home..

It's just mad :/ cracking day tho so I'm not upset about the car

Clio sport 182
Brilliant mate. Good to meet a few normal people. And the crazy angry bike man obviously.
Next time i wont have the c2 i'll have a clio haha. Good day though cracking drive but sadly i twisted a driveshaft on the way home haha
Aww sorry here about the driveshaft maybe we were peddling a little to hard on the single track road near devils bridge

C2 vts
Aww sorry here about the driveshaft maybe we were peddling a little to hard on the single track road near devils bridge

Yeah dont think that helped haha. Great fun though nice meeting you mate. Atleast sophie (the pale one) feels better today as she has to drive now haha

Clio sport 182
Yeah dont think that helped haha. Great fun though nice meeting you mate. Atleast sophie (the pale one) feels better today as she has to drive now haha
Haha she was Casper , yeah nice meeting u give us a shout if u fancy a spin or that

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Well I've doing a lot of research and asking fellow subaru enthusiasts, it may not be a dead engine, I'll find out for sure tomorrow :)

Had such a good day with some proper nice people, it was a laugh! Strangely not upset about the car, but it's early days yet haha

Sorry to hear about the Scoob though. I hope it's an easy fix.
A friend of mine in Carmarthen mentioned you stopped by to see him as well!
I hope it's not a dead engine... though I've now cleaned all the oil off my windscreen that your car shat out :tongueout:

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Dan?^ He's a good mate lol :)

It's definitely a new engine job, sorry about the oil haha