ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

miles to empty tank not working?

Clio 182 FF
How many miles hve you done in it? Mine did this when I reset the trip untill I done a few miles so it could work out an average mpg to work out what's left

Renaultsport Clio 182
Mine shows ---- just after my fuel light goes on (stupid really as that's when you need it most!!) usually about a gallon of fuel left when this happens to me. Sure you don't just need to fill up ;-)

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
mine done it for a month after i went into the red like said before till i filled the tank if that helps

Mk2 Ph2 172
If your miles to empty is just flashing ---- even after filling up the tank just do this

With ignition off hold the computer button on the end of the washer stalk, while holding it turn ignition on...

The dials will go mad and so will the little screen

Then while still holding down the stalk button press the trip button on the clocks...

This will rest the mte ;)

Go for a drive an it will sort itself out

Try what Pastieman said.
But as said, if your orange petrol light is on, it won't show anything.

Probably a good thing or people would be using it till the car told them they had a mile left. Which would be wrong as its not that accurate.
Then Renault would be getting complaint after complaint.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I've had this problem a couple of times, had to change a sender once and the problem went away.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Is there a solution to all the stats re-setting every time the car is locked? My old 182 used to keep the mpg etc until I reset but the 172's keep going back to 0. I can live with it but if there's a way of sorting it I may as well give it a try.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Once the fuel warning light is on the computer doesn't tell you how many miles to fill up. Usually it's when 2 gallons are left in the tank which equates to around 60 to 65 miles. My Trafic does the same thing and the Nissan I had previous to the Trafic was the same trip computer. As someone else said if you hold the button in and switch the ignition on it sends the instruments into test mode. Keep pressing the button and it goes through all the modes and tells you how many litres of fuel are in the tank as well as the CO reading if you start the engine.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
^^ I want to try that out just to see but knowing my luck I will f**k something up and it wont start after.

Audi A3
adam1 probably your battery needs replacing mate. i looked around on here and thats the general reason, got a new battery and it never re-sets itself anymore!

my light goes on at 40 miles, dash then goes down to 35 and then just goes to - - -