ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mileage on a clio?

Been looking at a few 172's however im unsure as to what would be classed as a high mileage on a RS? what sort of mileage are these good untill? and what sort of mileage do you start having problems around?

Thanks

If they are well looked after, they should never have problems.
But be aware that the big expensive service is at around 60,000 miles or 5 years old. (I think!)

They are everyday cars, so expect normal mileage on them, I think around 10k per year is about average, although that's probably gone up recently :)

My clio is on almost 80 000 now as i use it to comute. I have it serviced reguarly and havent really had and issues.

ITB'd 182...
engines are strong and love a good rev!

check they have been serviced regulaly and you shoulg be fine

most problems i have had is just wear and tear but i wouldnt change it :)

Clio 172
Just make sure if your getting one with in excess of 60k that the cambelt should be done, book quotes 72k but a few people have had them go a lot sooner!

As said really, as long as it's been serviced properly it'll go round the clock with ease.

I usually class 70k + as high mileage. Average say, 10k pa as most folk do.

ibiza cupra
average milage is between 10 to 12 k a year. mines on 108 k and still going strong bar a few wear and tear issues

ive had mine over year now done 15k miles (got it on 55 now 70)and only problums ive had is wear and tear too.

i service it at work every 8k and still going strong the abuse it gets

like guppy said they love a little rev

Last edited:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Gearboxs are the weak point, depending how the last driver treated it. Before I got mine it had a recon box as the gearbox had a lovely hole in it!

S3, Polo
Mines done 75k and is still tight as a drum! Only issues I've got is the seats are shocking, squidgy affairs with non-existant lumbar support and a snapped ECU bracket!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Mk2 172 On Just under 110k now, and running better then ever. Still on the original gearbox clutch too.

Already done over 10k in the last 6 months.

53 Clio's & counting
Was waiting for you to pop up matey ;) come on you still not caught up! lol

Oh and Fletchers car = MINT

Shows high miles really doesn't matter!

120d M-Sport
115k and drives great! Engine feels solid, no rattles/knocks and the gearbox feels like new, never struggles to go in gear etc. Seats are rubbish though lol

Only thing i can think of is a sort of whistle sound coming from the engine bay when crusing at 15-20mph in 1st or 2nd gear. But it sounds nice so am not complaining :rasp:

Always good to see Fletcher's and Russ's input as usual :approve: