ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MB or MBP???

Titanium 182
I sat at work today refreshing the apple store every ten mins, how sad is that ? :dapprove:

Apparently it could be tomorrow because of a US holiday or something, it's all bullshit. Never before have I struggled to give a company £1500 lol.

Lol. It's very very very rarely anything other than a Tuesday.

This is why I didn't wait. Plus mine is way more powerful than I'll ever need.

I remember waiting for minis for a long long time. "Don't buy. Update coming"

I think the MBP updates are pretty much certain, but they could be months yet.

Titanium 182
Lol. It's very very very rarely anything other than a Tuesday.

This is why I didn't wait. Plus mine is way more powerful than I'll ever need.

I remember waiting for minis for a long long time. "Don't buy. Update coming"

I think the MBP updates are pretty much certain, but they could be months yet.

ARGH don't say that. FFS.

This is far more stressful than building my own windows pc :( TBF the current ones would be powerful enough for me but with a refresh imminent and looking at the current price and specs I cannot pay 1500 pounds for a core 2 duo laptop.

The MBP is their best selling machine. Whilst there are some people like you that are waiting, there are also plenty of people like Seb and I who have bought them regardless.

Apples release schedules are a lot more predictable than some, but that doesn't mean they'll always stick to them. Without them being at MacWorld, that's a big pre-determined event that they aren't announcing things at.

It's likely to be soon, but that's likely based on the presumption that they are indeed getting the new chips.

Mac pros have been 'coming soon' for months. Minis were getting updates for years. iMac's didn't appear when expected.

But yeh, have fun waiting ;)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Tbh you can wait around for ever. I needed a new laptop so thought I'd upgrade to a mac.

Will do what I need with ease.

On a side note the battery life is EPIC. One of the most impressive things about it tbh

Titanium 182
I don't think the keyboard will impress me that much after my last keyboard
247242277_4d2bab7315.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Awesome. Welcome. The 13" looks tiiiiiny! Bless it.

Buy a Magic Mouse.

[youtube]mdU9V--g0Z4[/youtube]

Mondeo STTDCI
just buy one dave. they are cool.

got 2 usb ports.

All the money in my world goes in the bank.

Mainly so I can see that houseprices rise faster than I can save, and that due to inflation my money will buy f**k all.

Oh and so the bank will pay me f**k all interest on it too.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
On the S ?

Yessir. Quality is guff though, until YT confirms the upload.

You can also use two fingers swiping across to flick through photos, or go back to the previous page of your browser.

As well as flick through your music in iTunes, which is amazingly cool.

[youtube]iptdY_VHSk8[/youtube]

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
apple have let me download all my stuff again :D sweet.

they gave me this link to get stuff off my iphone etc. but this appears to only be for stuff purchased off itunes.

can i get my other stuff off it too? i copied my favourite cd's onto my old laptop etc so would rather just be able to transfer this all over from the iphone.

ideas? or is this not possible?

Barge
Didn't keep up with this... Is the old lappy completely fucked?

You can't transfer off your iPhone songs, etc.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks great tbh, have you used mac before Seb? I'd be scared of coming from windows tbh.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Didn't keep up with this... Is the old lappy completely f**ked?

You can't transfer off your iPhone songs, etc.

yep totally screwed. had to do a format on it as it was basically bent over getting done over and over.

Looks great tbh, have you used mac before Seb? I'd be scared of coming from windows tbh.

never used one before in my life. first time was yesterday. it is really weird. it is cool though, you turn it on and it is up and running in like seconds. already connected to the web and everything. no gash windows loading for a minute or whatever.

it is really weird at the moment. hopefully will get used to it... the thing makes ZERO noise. you can't even tell it is on when it goes into sleep mode.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Does sound cool, i'd have to have a play about with one, couldn't use a 13"screen tho.

Out of curiosity why are they so expensive? I mean for 1K+ you could buy a state of the art laptop.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Can you see my point tho Revels I mean is it really really quick like 1k laptop quick?

Or is it a pair of gucci sunglasses? £500 but pretty much the same as the £30 pair?

It's a genuine question.