ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MB or MBP???

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
What is the difference? From what I can see the MBP is aluminium, glowing keyboard and more expensive?

It also seems to have a smaller hard drive.

Why should I buy the MBP over a standard MB?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Re: MB or MPB???

Is a 13 inch one too small too or is it ok?

Better screen. Illumination. Better casing (doesn't fade)

13" is fine mate. That's what I have.

MBP everytime. I would hold fire for just a little bit though as new ones are expected very soon.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

:( but my laptop is self destructing as we speak lol

How longish?

It was 'rumoured' to be Jan. Then someone said it was going to be Tuesday just gone. Nothing appeared.

They'll be coming. Depends how desperate you are. They're going to get a power hike but along whether you'll need that extra ooomph only you can decide. It's a powerful little fucker as it is.

Citroen DS3 DSport

Definitely the MBP, the HDD can always be upgraded yourself for very little cash.

I doubt the upcoming upgrade will make a huge difference.

Does the MBP have any extra ports etc compare to the current MB? Or was that new/old MB?

I can't decide whether to get a MBP or just wait for the iPad..

A4 Avant

I must admit, a MBP is a pretty sexy bit of kit (as far as computers goes). The ali case is awesome, puts any other laptop to shame.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

yeah i am on it.

think i may throw my laptop out the window once it arrives. total piece of shat.

DamnPC.gif
?

DMS

A thirsty 172

MBP fo' sho'.
Although I am warming to the idea of getting a MacBook Air.

DMS

A thirsty 172

Depends what you want it for really. I wouldn't be too worried about the lack of Ethernet or an optical drive. It'd only ever get used wirelessly and if it mattered that much I've got a USB Ethernet adapter that I could just stick in my bag.
There are tonnes of ways to work around the lack of an optical drive, so for the amount of time I'd actually need one it's not worth worrying about.
The lightness and small form factor are more appealing than carrying around an optical drive that I very rarely use.

Depends what you want it for really. I wouldn't be too worried about the lack of Ethernet or an optical drive. It'd only ever get used wirelessly and if it mattered that much I've got a USB Ethernet adapter that I could just stick in my bag.
There are tonnes of ways to work around the lack of an optical drive, so for the amount of time I'd actually need one it's not worth worrying about.

Fairy muff.

DMS

A thirsty 172

Plus, just about every Netbook you buy these days doesn't come with an optical drive. They're designed to be smaller and lighter, thus making them more portable. They're not intended for high end stuff as a result.
The MBA has the same benefits, but is still a very good computer compared to most of the Netbooks out there at the moment.

Only downside is the price, hence why I'm also considering the 13" MBP. Both have their pro's and cons.

Seems logical for your uses. f**k the price. Nice stuff isn't cheap. Never has been and never will be.

got a 13'' MPB ordered.

You will not be disappointed.

EDIT: Standard is the way to roll with these machines. Standard they are great value. Start adding very expensive extras and they start to make less sense IMO. More than powerful enough stock.

Roy, you got the 17"? Good size?

Its hard to judge when in the shop, how it would actually be to use day to day

Citroen DS3 DSport

I gave my 4 year old white 20" iMac away last weekend to my Mum and now only use my 13" MBP. It is superb. I bought the entry level 13" MBP and upgraded the RAM and HDD myself.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

can i log into itunes on the new mbp and download all the stuff i had on my laptop? ie: just what i purchased?

or do i have to transfer it across? just a bit wary of transfering across as my laptop is infected with an STD.

Citroen DS3 DSport

can i log into itunes on the new mbp and download all the stuff i had on my laptop? ie: just what i purchased?

or do i have to transfer it across? just a bit wary of transfering across as my laptop is infected with an STD.

You can email Apple and tell them your computer is broken and you would like to re-download all of your purchased items, they will let you do this once without any real issues.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

sweet, is this email easy enough to find on itunes?

i cannot wait for my MPB. :D about time i became a player in the coffee top surfing world.

Citroen DS3 DSport

sweet, is this email easy enough to find on itunes?

i cannot wait for my MPB. :D about time i became a player in the coffee top surfing world.

Try the instructions here for requesting to re-download everything from Apple. They'll advise you to backup everything in future but will usually provide you with the facility to download them all again.

http://ipod.about.com/od/itunesproblems/ss/report_problem.htm

EDIT:

Those instructions are a bit crap, email iTunes support instead and ask them.