ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matched inlets on a 182 Feedback please!

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Hi, i've decided against cams due to price and and only getting around 6bhp out of them. I'm looking at maybe gettin my inlets matched on my 182 as a cheaper option. But the thing os that i already have the "RS" stamped inlets so i'm wondering if its worth doing?

Anybody had the work done that could give me some feedback?

Thanks alot

Gaz :D

ITB'd MK1
minimal gain over an RS inlet. Gains from cams depends entirely on complimentary mapping, but you can say that of most engine tuning. 6bhp is quite a low estimate. Another thing to remember is a car doesn't get faster just by the peak numbers increasing, mid range torque is what makes a car fast on the road so dont get hung up on the numbers :)

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
yeah its not just the peak gains but its the loss of bottom end with the 428's and the 420's dont offer much i'ver herd

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
I thought cams can give you 20bhp~

no chance on a RS clio really, i've been looking into it alot and a reliable source tells me 6-8bhp with mapping. 172's seem to give a bit more with cams than 182's but still nowhere close to 20bhp

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
So matched inlets not worth doing if as i have the RS stamped ones?

Anyone with the RS stamped inlets had it done?

VRS

i have and imo there are noticeable gains, the car felt as though it pulled smoother and more freely

mine have been tied up with a maxogen, decat, exhaust and remap though

Golf GT TDI, IS220d

i have and imo there are noticeable gains, the car felt as though it pulled smoother and more freely

mine have been tied up with a maxogen, decat, exhaust and remap though

Thanks mate, i have the same mods as you atm (less maxogen for bmc), do you know what you power gain is from the inlets?

So you think its worth the money then?

SchwepTek™
I have heard mixed reviews tbh.

Some people say that there isnt much differene if you already have RS stamped inlets which is why i'm not bothering with mine, however, I have heard it does make a good difference. Speak to D4ve and he can show you some pics of before and after as he had his RS stamped inlets matched!

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
On the underside of the lower inlet. Best off removing fuel rail guard.^

My inlets should be on their way too hopefully and I previously had RS inlets so I'll report back