ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mass Effect 2

Mito Sportiva 135
No I think they said you can change class, it's essentially your decisions and actions that count.

Ultimately if you have played the first one it makes the second a more personal and immersive experience.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
jesus, that looks epic. such a shame, could never get into the first one, too much hanging around talkign for my taste. shame

Scirocco GT 210
One question, does it matter if a member of your team dies? lol I restart the mission a couple of times cos the twonk kept getting himself killed and I wanted to keep everyone alive.

Don't worry if one (or both) or your team mates die, they'll come back to life after the fight has finished.

Pre-ordered ME2 about a month ago, not long to go now! ME1 is probably my favourite Xbox game so really looking forward to the second one.

1.8 Civic EX
Don't worry if one (or both) or your team mates die, they'll come back to life after the fight has finished.

Pre-ordered ME2 about a month ago, not long to go now! ME1 is probably my favourite Xbox game so really looking forward to the second one.

lol, cheers, I just worked that out myself last night (after just over 20hours of play lol)

Done loads of side missions and just finished one of the main story line ones, Peak 15 and the Rift Station where you meet the alien birds mum...

I must admit although the main story is rather good I do tend to get a bored when chatting to people and they go on about thier history/family/origins etc

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh, but if you can get the first one, its brilliant!

Nothing like Halo, it's a RPG / tactical action hybrid game.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Worth buying this without playing the first one?!

What's the gameplay like? Halo?

Not as constant battling as Halo, m8 - more dialogue & decisions to be made. It is however, a superb game. I would have thought that the 2nd game should be fine to pickup - but if you want the full back-story, then obviously completing the 1st game would be worth doing first.

P.S. - still waiting on delivery of DiRT2! I ordered it about 5mins after you sent me that pm nearly two weeks ago - lol.

D.

AK

M240i
P.S. - still waiting on delivery of DiRT2! I ordered it about 5mins after you sent me that pm nearly two weeks ago - lol.

SRSLY?!

FFS :(

What's the hold up, have they e-mailed?

Might pick up Mass Effect 1 cheap for a bit of fun, still having fun on MW2 and Bioshock to complete...

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
SRSLY?!

FFS :(

What's the hold up, have they e-mailed?

Might pick up Mass Effect 1 cheap for a bit of fun, still having fun on MW2 and Bioshock to complete...

Just an email on Wednesday saying that their supplier didn't have it in stock. I'm patient though - especially as Mass Effect 2 is nearly here. Oh, and Bioshock 2. I still need to complete Bioshock 1 myself!

D.

AK

M240i
If you're not fussed about waiting then it's not too bad.. good price too...

When's Mass Effect 2 out?

Mito Sportiva 135
Out a week today!

A bit off topic but just tried playing Bioshock again...in hindsight I don't actually think it is THAT good. i'm not sure I will bother with the sequel.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I didn't get the hype with Bioshock, either.

Good game, though.

Bioshock to me was a superb achievement in terms of the gameplay, settings and backdrops. It raised a lot of similarities to the unrelated System Shock series which pitted you alone against a whole host of weird things and settings.

They also managed to get that historical yet futuristic environment, bang on imo.

What we really need however, is a System Shock 3 and a return of SHODAN. I doubt it will happen, but both games back in their day were simply awesome....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_shock

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Shock_2

D.

57 Clio Campus Sport
On metacritic the only game that's ever scored higher was gta iv. I've been playing it on and off for the last week and it's awesome, defo deserves the 97 rating it's got on there, keep going back to MW2 still though haha

57 Clio Campus Sport
Maybe after I've prestiged for the first time. Level 69 now so not long. I've only put just over 2 days of online playtime into it but spread it out over a long time. I haven't been playing ME2 on my online account though so haven't put too much time in because I will have to start again on Friday.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The reviews this is picking are incredible. Eurogamer 10/10. Bloody hell, they are very difficult to please, too.

1.8 Civic EX
I'm getting a bit bored of all the talking. There's too much talking not enough action.

I've stoped playing the first now for that very reason, even more annoying that to get the achievments you have to play through the whole game 3-4 times..fook that! Think I was expecting too much due to all the hype it was getting.

Thinking twice about getting the second now...

Titanium 182
I'm going to get the first one tonight I think, I'll have it completed by the weekend then I can start on this one.

1.8 Civic EX
I'm going to get the first one tonight I think, I'll have it completed by the weekend then I can start on this one.

WTF?!?! Good luck with that lol.

I've put in over 20 hours and only done like 4/5 of the main story missions...unless you are planning on not doing any of the side missions but then you'd be very much missing the point in buying such a game....

57 Clio Campus Sport
I just spent like an hour looking for materials on 3 or 4 planets with a scanner, boring and I can't even find what I'm supposed to do with them.

The gunfights are ok but it's nothing amazing. It's like Halo 3 but with much more boring speaking bits and not quite as good combat. I really don't see what the hype is about now I've got into it a bit more. It was alright when I started out and did a few mission but now it's just speak speak speak, shoot, speak speak speak, shoot. It's too slow moving, you'll probably get your moneys worth out of it because it will last literally a lifetime

Games like Forza 3, H3 (even though it's old now), MW2 stand out as great games that I recommend to people when they ask but won't do the same for this. Haven't had a try of borderland yet even though I got it when it came out. Maybe that will stand up to the hype

Last edited:
  57 Clio Campus Sport
Well the stories of Halo and MW2 were ok, but ME2 is excessive. It's more like an interactive very long movie than a game with cutscenes

Titanium 182
WTF?!?! Good luck with that lol.

I've put in over 20 hours and only done like 4/5 of the main story missions...unless you are planning on not doing any of the side missions but then you'd be very much missing the point in buying such a game....

I had a week off over xmas and completed 5 games. I'll do it, I only want the story to lead me into no.2 anyway.