ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MarkCup's Fiesta ST

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Sept/Oct, to long that :(

image-1_zpsfb648483.jpg

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
New car for a year with a guaranteed buyback of £250 less than I paid for it, couldn't resist, my sensible head kicked in.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Deal wasn't good enough on the ST, and the waiting time is ages, 2 weeks on this, although i get it in 4.

Lionel Richie
Looks aside (which I appreciate are a bit Marmite) what's wrong with it?

1,150 kgs, enough power/torque to pull the skin off a rice pudding (something my 200 always struggled with), and a really really good chassis. It's really biddable on the throttle, I think it'll prove to be an absolute hoot on track.

Chuck in a decent enough interior and an easy 40+ mpg...after one week and 661 miles I'm really struggling to find any real faults.

Its a ford.......

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Talking of power, I really can't see it being much different from a 200..
delivery of it, yes. But your talking like it would leave it for dust, can't see much in it.

Suzuki Swift Sport
delivery of it, yes. But your talking like it would leave it for dust, can't see much in it.

I think he is talking about useable power, sure outright there prob isnt much in it, but real world flexibility I imagine it will be quicker than the Clio 200.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
My mates ST feels every bit as well built as mine, only snag being its 4 years newer. Ford have upped their game, but so have the Germans. Luckily the difference is still reflected in the price.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Its a ford.......

I replaced my mums fiesta mk6 rear bumper the other day....

The two bumper bolts had crumbled to dust pretty much, (probably not helped by that shitty carpet archliner they insist on using) and the bumper was riveted on! Who the f**k does that in this day and age?! Ford s**t! As a mate used to say!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

In 9 out of 10 driving situations, yes, it would leave my 200 for dust. It would be gone before I'd even thought about dropping the required 3 cogs in my 200 to get access of some of its hidden torque.

Now on a track would be a different story as both motors are permanently in the sweet spot. On the roads though, you just can't drive a 200 like that day to day.

Fred...I've spent a fair bit of time crawling all over/under this compared to my 200...the thought, design, engineering and execution that's gone in to some of the important things puts Renault to shame!

And no, I'll not be upgrading to orange gloves LOL, Ford blue ones will do just fine.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Why do Fords rust so badly?

Do they use crap metal or something?

They did like quality mercedes, oh and BMW, oh and VW, oh and Subaru and Mazda. See the mk6 Fiesta. It'll be the turning point if it stays straight.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Will keep an eye out for one your videos. You have to wave wearing the gloves, you just have too :)

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Leave it for dust? Pretty bold, and more than likely pretty exaggerated. When I got the R56 after the 182, it felt alot quicker because of the turbo. Once you get use to the power delivery, you realise just how much you lose top end, especially on most standard turbos.

Still, I really like these, I just couldn't go back to such a relatively small car.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
New car syndrome ;)

so what's executed better, suspension? Bet there's no double axis set up on the fezzie??

:)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Had a play with one earlier in my EP3 (modified) I pulled on him a fair amount as we were obviously both expecting it so I was in gear. Can understand what Mark is saying regarding not requiring to drop 3 cogs to go. IF He had came up behind me and I was in 6th, Im sure by the time I'd dropped it down, he would have had me perhaps. But thats Turbo vs N/A for ya.

Looked nice in Blue with Dark Wheels., gave me a flash, looked a little shocked I pulled so much mind ;)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
900 miles in now so thought I'd give it a bit of a session...

Economy is improving as the mileage increases, I brimmed the tank tonight after 130 miles of driving like a granny followed by 30 miles of flat out idiocy and managed 42mpg.

It still feels a bit tight up top...as the torque tails off after 6k rpm it starts to slow noticeably but up to that point it's fantastic.

Last edited by a moderator:

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Absolutely no offence intended but that sounds like a 1.2 Corsa B with a massive exhaust. Whats this sound symphoser all about?