ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MarkCup's Fiesta ST

Suzuki Swift Sport
Love this, I am pretty sure one of these will be my next car. What is the ride like in comparison with the 200? Is it firmer? Whats the economy looking like now you have done a few more miles? Im guessing it is still satisfying to use the revs?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Love this, I am pretty sure one of these will be my next car. What is the ride like in comparison with the 200? Is it firmer? Whats the economy looking like now you have done a few more miles? Im guessing it is still satisfying to use the revs?

Compared to my non-Cup 200 it is firmer, not by much though, so I'm sure it's less firm than a 200 Cup.

Economy now with 400 miles on the clock - a spirited drive in this morning with a few overtakes thrown in saw 43 mpg avg. I'm going to reset it and give it a hard run home tonight; I'm aiming for less than 35.

Revs?

It's still feels a bit tight up top although I've only attempted to take it beyond 5k on a couple of occasions. They do rev out quite happily according to what I've read...give me a week and I'll report back on that.

Suzuki Swift Sport
Compared to my non-Cup 200 it is firmer, not by much though, so I'm sure it's less firm than a 200 Cup.

Economy now with 400 miles on the clock - a spirited drive in this morning with a few overtakes thrown in saw 43 mpg avg. I'm going to reset it and give it a hard run home tonight; I'm aiming for less than 35.

Revs?

It's still feels a bit tight up top although I've only attempted to take it beyond 5k on a couple of occasions. They do rev out quite happily according to what I've read...give me a week and I'll report back on that.

Great thanks for the response - sounds a good bit of kit!

Yes forgot you would be running it in! It sounds more economical than my Swift Sport (not surprising with tech moving on though)

Looks pink ha.

Really like it! Only thing that puts me off is the colour coded strip on the rear lower bumper bit.

MPG is impressive too! this car going to end up on track?

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Mark im popping up to tangmere air field tomorrow afternoon, near the Philips building to get some pics of my Ph1 if you fancy it ?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Looks pink ha.

Really like it! Only thing that puts me off is the colour coded strip on the rear lower bumper bit.

MPG is impressive too! this car going to end up on track?

Agreed...the rear clusters pointing skyward and that lower bumper/'diffuser' are the worst bits...they don't flow or make any sense to my eyes.

Goodwood in August...should be nicely run in and loosened a bit by then.

Leon Cupra 300
Overtakes on the way in this morning that in my 200 would require meticulous advance planning and positioning (and an element of finger crossing too!) were just there for the taking, in any gear. It's effortless.

That's exactly why boosted cars are better for every day driving (unless you're getting into silly big cc N/A's) You think it's good for overtaking, mine has 430lbft to hoof it past lines of traffic! :)

I like these.. I'll be hunting a black one out in 5 years for the wife!

An orange one
I like that! Far better than that monstrosity that Renault have come up with in the 200T

Agree about the seats looking a bit thick but I bet they do their job well, good choice that man! :)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Really? I know I'm still very much in the honeymoon period and it is brand new, but it feels far more substantial than my 200. Some textures/materials are clearly low end/budget, but it's still a nicer place to be I think...that's probably down to the seats.

Seats were the OK bit. The buttons on the dash felt like they'd last a week before they pushed in and wouldn't spring back, or fell out completely. I think it might have made it worse that i sat in a 208 GTI first, and that is a place I really wanted to be

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Could I be cheeky and ask for a pic of the rear seats?

They 4 or 5 seater?

Last edited:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Saw one of these in person today, same colour at Ford HQ. The colour looks a lot better in person, like a slightly darker inferno. The colour difference between the plastics and metal is awful though, I guess it's a trait of the brighter colours that goes un-noticed on clios since they are mostly plastic lol.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's not just a Ford issue these days. 90% of mainstream manufacturers are having the same issue.

It's a new age paint problem really. Thinner paints, less coverage, cost saving. Vauxhall, Honda and Mazda seem to be the biggest offenders at the moment. Although Hondas have been supplying bumpers painted for years now.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
It's not just a Ford issue these days. 90% of mainstream manufacturers are having the same issue.

It's a new age paint problem really. Thinner paints, less coverage, cost saving. Vauxhall, Honda and Mazda seem to be the biggest offenders at the moment. Although Hondas have been supplying bumpers painted for years now.

Annoys me everytime on my Type R, Bumpers just dont look the same as quarters :(

172 Cup

I read somewhere that Ford are now rated the worst for rust protecting their cars, and if Fiat can produce cars that are still tidy after 10 years then there's really no excuse! I'd definitely go for a Fiesta ST over the Cio 200T in future providing that they don't rot like my Mk5 Fezza did.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
That's not quite true though. Mercedes have a much worse issue with rusting. Have you seen some 10plate cars and sprinter vans?

Check for reports of Mk6 fiesta rust? First ones are 02 plates and i've to see any major common issues regards proper corrosion ie not body trims rubbing like a million cars do. Vauxhalls have a massive issue with this.

The mk6 to mk7 is the big test for Ford after the mk5. After seeing some serious big bills for Ford anti-perforation warranty on the mk5 they've put serious effort into stopping this happening again.

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
Nice! I almost got a blue St but decided that I couldn't justify the hike in insurance over my Metal. You'll probably end up getting better fuel economy than me due to the turbo, I've averaged just over 31mpg in the year I have had mine...

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Nay bad, my sister has a new ZS on order, they come with a 1L eco boost, 120 bhp apparently?? I'm insured on it through her work (NHS), so no doubt will get a drive.

Still cant get over the nose, its nearly as bad as a 200 in the facelift department, (ok not that bad) The phase 1 Fiesta is so 'right' imo, looks awesome in ZS form

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Still cant get over the nose, its nearly as bad as a 200 in the facelift department, (ok not that bad) The phase 1 Fiesta is so 'right' imo, looks awesome in ZS form

I think this is why I like mine so much...I never really even noticed the first pre-facelift model, it was never on my radar for anything.

So the way it looks to me now is just right...as I never became accustomed to it before they gave it the guppy mouth.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Could I be cheeky and ask for a pic of the rear seats?

They 4 or 5 seater?

As requested;

DSCN0577_zpsa607217f.jpg

...and a couple of others...I think my camera got confused by the sunlight on Sunday, these look much deeper

DSCN0569_zpsfbf2e8a2.jpg

DSCN0561_zpsf4f2aea7.jpg

DSCN0581_zpsd6622c99.jpg

550 miles now, almost due a fill up...should be late 30s mpg at best as I've been booting it everywhere...the boost is addictive.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely mate. Lowlight brings that colour to life. Looks superb!

Same childseat old boy. Good taste although the little un' has the back off her's now.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
550 miles to a tank? How big is the tank?

56 litres apparently...I last brimmed it at 221 miles and the trip shows 40 or so miles remaining...so it should work out to be around 35 ish mpg.

Lovely mate. Lowlight brings that colour to life. Looks superb!

Same childseat old boy. Good taste although the little un' has the back off her's now.

Still not happy though...it looks soooo much better in the flesh, my really sh*t camera does it no favours.

Seat is almost worn out now, threadbare and fraying LOL.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
As kev says, the colour in low light looks absolutely superb Mark, fuel economy better than you thought?

Too early to tell I think, brand new engine, tight, and I keep flooring it everywhere. Much better than the 200 though...if I drove that like I've driven this I'd see mid to late 20s so I think it's circa 10 mpg better already

I'll try for a full tank next driven sanely.

Actually, scratch that...not going to happen. Have been installing mounts and trying camera angles tonight, so will get a few runs and some road footage at the weekend, see if I can capture the boost being vented along with the sound symposer growl.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Why orange anyway Mark? Why not the blue?

The orange looks superb in the flesh, but I'm just surprised to have seen more than a couple of this colour already as it seems the unlikely choice.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Cheers for the pic, reckon it's got as much room as a 182 in the back?

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Think I may pick up a brochure today too. What's the retail on one of those? ;)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for the pic, reckon it's got as much room as a 182 in the back?

In my 172 Cup I could never really get behind the driver's seat if it were setup for me. In this, I'd be happy to ride back there...much better use of space and far more than in a 1*2.

Why orange anyway Mark? Why not the blue?

The orange looks superb in the flesh, but I'm just surprised to have seen more than a couple of this colour already as it seems the unlikely choice.

I still have not seen a single ST on the road other than mine! I have no idea what they look/sound like as they go by.

As Matt said, blue with smoke grey interior was my original choice, but mid-July was the earliest I'd see it. The dealer after much hassling found a car coming through allocated as a demonstrator and wrestled it away from Ford for me.

Even has a spare wheel that I'd not originally specified.

I hear lead times at the moment mean if you order now you'll not see it until september/October!

I took a mate out for a blast Monday night, now he's going to get one.

They really are pretty epic as an all-round package.

Fiesta ST
I'm hoping mine turns up mid-July, more likely going to be August I think. It's been 5 weeks since ordering and I haven't heard anything at all from the dealer. Going to give them a call next week I think, see if there is any update.

How are you going about running it in? Following a specific routine or just driving it as you would always do?